• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

BarbRoyle123

Double Agent
Well You can fix most of these problems.
!. if you want a strong lydia then Start the dragonborn questlline later in the game as soon as you reciever her the game updates her level to match yours. A weak lydia is just your noob self walkking around picking random fights and laughing at arrows in knees
2Marry her this should fix her attitude
3Stop complaining. she was free. do you expect a free prostitute to be good? I hope not.

Happy hunting

For my part, I got Lydia at the beginning of the game, so at that point my character was equally weak, but even then she was still getting killed every five minutes.

Your telling us to quit complaining as she was free... aside from that we are merely expressing opinions (heaven forbid!) may I suggest you begin your own counter-thread in support of Lydia? You obviously feel strongly about her.

Happy hunting to you too :)

Rathalos_lord_of_the_sky

-Bnahabra King-
For my part, I got Lydia at the beginning of the game, so at that point my character was equally weak, but even then she was still getting killed every five minutes.

Your telling us to quit complaining as she was free... aside from that we are merely expressing opinions (heaven forbid!) may I suggest you begin your own counter-thread in support of Lydia? You obviously feel strongly about her.

Happy hunting to you too :)
No I just dont think hate should be used.. dislike is a better word

Suleku

The Grey Knight
Hmmm.... No Love for Lydia.... Wonder who do you guys like... lol if anyone for that matter... :p

BarbRoyle123

Double Agent
Hmmm.... No Love for Lydia.... Wonder who do you guys like... lol if anyone for that matter... :p

I honestly don't use followers a whole lot, but I sometimes take Jordis out - she's excellent help against dragons and the housecarl from Markarth does pretty well too, from the occasions I've taken him along on a quest.

Niflheimr

Well You can fix most of these problems.
!. if you want a strong lydia then Start the dragonborn questlline later in the game as soon as you reciever her the game updates her level to match yours. A weak lydia is just your noob self walkking around picking random fights and laughing at arrows in knees
2Marry her this should fix her attitude
3Stop complaining. she was free. do you expect a free prostitute to be good? I hope not.

Happy hunting

Also give her better equipment, my Lydia wears Dwarven armor and carries a Dwarven sword.

M'aiqaelF

Male, 32 years old, Denver area, CO
don't like her but in my new game my mage needs someone to keep the baddies away as I fling fireballs at them!

swanqueen

Yes I really hated that she always sits in the bedroom. Me being a female also I wouldn't want to be married and have the three of us all in the bedroom. Not into that. But I don't really live in Whiterun. Just pass through. She was a pretty good follower for me except the attitude. Didn't die etc. I had to kill Iona in all my games because she sits in the bedroom too... and I do live in Honeyside.

Gore gro-Gijakudob

You kill people because they sit in your bedroom? I thought I was harsh.

WrxScooby

I <3 My Subaru's
I don't like her or really any of the follows but your forced to get her. All they do is blow my cover then when the fight goes down she takes a knee...

M'aiqaelF

Male, 32 years old, Denver area, CO
I don't like her or really any of the follows but your forced to get her. All they do is blow my cover then when the fight goes down she takes a knee...

the only useful follower who i've ever had was J'zargo and that was with him equipped with full legendary dragonplate

chizzbot

accidentally killed her very early on. Jordis the Swordmaiden is much more pleasant and sincere. I really like the way she says, "Lead the way, my Thane, I am sworn to protect you with my life"... or some such thing... Also, "of course, my Thane. I am sworn to carry your burdens..."

SnakeEyes

I actually have a soft spot for Lydia (sorry I know wrong thread probably, until a Lydia fan club is started...). I first found out you could have followers with her, and we shared many happy early adventurings. Eventually got bored of her and tried other companions.

Also she saved my life once. I was repeatedly getting the crap beaten out of me by a bunch of tough bandits just outside whiterun stables (I was like level 8). Sten was my follower at the time, but not much help in this situation. Then all of a sudden Lydia comes out of nowhere and and starts kicking the bandits ass. Stopped me having to reload that fight again.

Tiger_Wolff

Spoiler***

Well she gets in my way alot as, any follower will :) Any big fights I just tell her to wait so, she doesn't get killled. If I tell her to pick up items, she doesn't get encumbered. So, weary hvy armor no big deal. I know its a glitch but, oh well. She is the best looking pack mule I will ever get :p

Skky

The reason I "dislike" Lydia (hate is such a strong word :p):

Because she's a selfish thief!!!!
No really, must be some glitch that I have with her because I haven't had the problem with any other followers.
95% of the reason I have a follower is to b my pack mule, so I was actually amused by her whining about 'carrying my burdens', but then she started not giving things back!
At first it was a few steel plate armor items. She would claim they were her original armor and I thought 'steel armor/steel plate armor, maybe she's just confused. Whatever, I won't give her anymore steel items.' Then it was the elven shield, then the gilded-elven, the scaled helmet, the glass armor, and so on. Somebody never learned to share as a child!
It got to the point that I would give her one item and then she couldn't take anymore. Needless to say she got fired as my pack mule and now sits in my house doing nothing, with all her stolen items still on her since she won't give them back!!!