Love the game....bug issue "Message to Whiterun"

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Darcos1

I finished the main questline and Thieves Guild faction questline. Starting the Imperial Legion questline but I'm stuck at Quest " Message to Whiterun" where you have to give Jarl the Axe but he never has any dialog asking for the axe or anything. I can see the arrow on his head pointing to him for the quest tracker. This is the second major bug I have ran into in the game and its fustrating as hell to me.

The last bug I had was I could not capture the dragon at Whiterun in the main quest story line so I had to use a code to past that part of the quest because the shout would never "Call Odahviing to Dragonsreach".

I have tried to do the code that would let me finish the "Message to Whiterun" but it never gives me the next quest after this to continue the chain. What should I do ??? Start another quest chain and hope for less bugs? Arggghhh so fustrating.

Oblivious

I had a look on the UESPWiki and it mentions a bug related to this quest:

'Progressing through Message to Whiterun while Season Unending was still open would block progression for both quests'

Apprently this was fixed in the 1.4 patch.

Maybe you could try pickpocketing the axe to the Jarl? Doubt that would work though...

Darcos1

Season Unending is already complete and I tried to give Jarl the Axe via pickpocket but it wont take quest items.

I'm running patch 1.4.21.04. Any other ideas beside wait for fix?

Darcos1

Equiping the axe does nothing. This is the third place in the game that has gotten me stuck and I cannot complete.

1st. Could not call down Odahviing. had to console skip.
2nd. Draugr Overloard would not drop Diamond Claw. had to console skip.
3rd. Cannot give axe to Jarl. cant console skip wtf

I think I give up....I cannot take another questline that does not complete.

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
Can you tell us exactly which console codes you've tried in order to get this quest to progress? I don't want to suggest stuff you've already done.

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
Should I try "resetquest CW03" ?
At this point, I would, yes. Don't just jump through. If you're stuck in one stage, try to use the very next step's stage code. If you reset the quest, try doing the quest for real before doing console codes again.

Are you using UESP for the console codes?

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts