• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Does Skyrim have too much cheese?

• Total voters

shelder

Is it just me or the ONLY thing that people in Skyrim eat is cheese......literally, everywhere i go i see cheese with some type of wine......has anyone else noticed this? Sometimes im exploring random caves that r filled with skeevers, trolls, draugs, etc and somewhere in the cave there is cheese. Does everyone in Skyrim just live on cheese and wine as their main food o_O, i sometimes see an apple or a piece of meat here and there but SOO MUCH CHEESE. the inns r FULL of cheese and wine.

Just wanted to say that to see if anyone else noticed the insane amount of cheese these people have, i love cheese but really o_O

BlackRat

well... if you wanna look at it from a "realism" perspective...

Cheese is how you preserve milk when you don't have refrigeration. Store your milk in a cow's stomach, the rennet turns the milk to cheese (to oversimplify the process)... presto.. milk that doesn't go bad.

It stands to reason that a nation of people that raise cows would have a massive amount of cheese.

Same goes for mead and wine. Wine is juice that has been introduced to yeast. Mead is boiled honey that has been introduced to yeast. I make mead... it's awesome.

BlackRat

Hmm.. won't let me edit.

In a world without water purification, wine and mead make sense. Plus there is evidence that, historically, wine, mead and beer were less "strong" than they were now. it was a way of having drinks that wouldn't make you ill.

shelder

well... if you wanna look at it from a "realism" perspective...

Cheese is how you preserve milk when you don't have refrigeration. Store your milk in a cow's stomach, the rennet turns the milk to cheese (to oversimplify the process)... presto.. milk that doesn't go bad.

It stands to reason that a nation of people that raise cows would have a massive amount of cheese.

Same goes for mead and wine. Wine is juice that has been introduced to yeast. Mead is boiled honey that has been introduced to yeast. I make mead... it's awesome.

1 problem tho, where are the cows. ive traveled like crazy and ive only seen MAYBE 1-2 cows MAX, i think they were cows, but other then that, no cows anywhere except for chickens everyone (no eggs anywhere tho)

Haha. I've taken notice of it as well. The random cheese found in musty old crypts filled with draugr that haven't been opened in possibly years always makes me grin a bit. For example I just walked up to a bookcase and the items on the shelves were as follows: embalming tool, linen wrap, ruined book, another embalming tool, urn, and a big wheel of goat cheese.

Maybe the draugr get together while no one is around and throw cheese crafting parties?

BlackRat

Well... many types of cheese are ripened in caves. Just sayin'. :) Roquefort for example...

and the mammoth cheese makes me wanna hurl everytime I see it.

Touchstone

No such thing as too much cheese. Simply impossible.

psyk0

No soul gem large enough.
It does seem to be everywhere. I smell a conspiracy... and it smells cheesey...

(For further evidence, note that 'CHEESE!!!!!!!!!' is the clear winner in the poll above. Coincidence? I think not...)

Kablewee

1 problem tho, where are the cows. ive traveled like crazy and ive only seen MAYBE 1-2 cows MAX, i think they were cows, but other then that, no cows anywhere except for chickens everyone (no eggs anywhere tho)
goats ? :) that's lot of cheese lol

BlackRat

I do agree that there's an awful lot of cheese, but I think it's a gouda addition to the game. Perhaps there ought brie a limit to where you find it though. I bleu through a dungeon, seeing the stuff everywhere.

Wanderer

What really bothers me about all the cheese is....where is it coming from?

I have only seen like 7 or 8 cows in all of Skyrim. The sheep are all in the mountains and don't appear to be domesticated. Is this like one of the Soylent Green things?

BlackRat

Nonononono...

The entire Skyrim economy is based on cheese, and without it, the nation would crumble into dark ages-scale chaos. This fragile economic balance is controlled by one of the most powerful, secretive, and well-hidden group of puppetmasters that the world has ever seen. They exist among the commoners, the rabble, and they conduct their business in relative peace.

They are the Giant's Mammoth Cheese Cartel.
I am sure you have all seen the mammoth stomachs, hanging, loaded with mammoth cheese curds.
THIS is why the giants are so possessive of their mammoths... for they who control the curd, control the world.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts