• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

jednj

I have Benor as a follower: Parked him on a hill so I could take out a giant (Sleeping Tree) and when I went to fetch Benor he was GONE! I have run around for 20 minutes and can't find him, no body, no nothing. Bummer is he had a boatload of stuff he was carrying. Is there ANY WAY to find a follower???
:eek:

Kablewee

Fast travel to a town and he should be right next to you if not then he went back to where you originally found him. Apparently these mules :) don't like to wait too long.

jednj

Fast travel to a town and he should be right next to you if not then he went back to where you originally found him. Apparently these mules :) don't like to wait too long.

Yeah I did both those . . . went to Whiterun where my house is . . . not there . . . went to Morthal where I found him .. not there ... ran all over town! :sadface: This is a bummer. I dunno - maybe he got killed standing around waiting for me?!? After hours of playing this is very discouraging. :sadface:

Teritus

Giving it to you straight since 1869
Yeah I did both those . . . went to Whiterun where my house is . . . not there . . . went to Morthal where I found him .. not there ... ran all over town! :sadface:This is a bummer. I dunno - maybe he got killed standing around waiting for me?!? After hours of playing this is very discouraging. :sadface:

This happened to me as well. After a while, it might come up in the top left corner to say "Your follower got tired of waiting and walked off" or something...

Garrison

If the follower is dead, then you should be allowed to get a new one... else you'll be advised to release your current follower first (which has to be done in person). Not great game design as I've complained before, particularly given the propensity for them to disappear.

I actually just found mine again today in the wild, seemingly by chance, after she was missing for... many many hours (and weeks in game) of play. She was engaged with a giant, who fortunately wasn't able to kill her. I wonder if her attempt to return to me or her place of origin resulted in her encountering the giant, and since she isn't able to be killed by it, she's basically locked into permanent combat with it. In other words, the giant hits until she crouches, then she recovers and it hits her again... Until I intervened and killed the giant. Or if the game doesn't trigger events away from my character, then maybe we encountered the giant together weeks ago and I simply left her... she'll often fall behind during travel and when I think to look for her, I double back and find that something has caught up with her.

Regardless, followers can be a pain!

PS. Anyone know if you can marry Vex? I think I'm in love!

chizzbot

I once had benor as a follower, used him for a bit & let him go. Then 3 real days later I had Uthgerd, was up to clear out some giants. Dude just appeared out of nowhere and ran by us, looking at me...just kept running.

All my followers get killed, usually by running in front of me right before I unleash hell. so far, I've killed Lydia, Uthgerd, that dark elf chick from drunken huntsman (she didn't last long enough for me to remember her name...) so I stopped giving them good weapons & armor. Sucks to have to go back for it.

jednj

I hope some Bethesda folks lurk these boards . . . often I have seen complaints here about LITTLE stuff like this that can just undermine an otherwise really terrific product. The greatest graphics in the world do not compensate for frustrating game-play. (The original Railroad Tycoon for DOS anyone?? <g> Perhaps one of the original can't-stop-playing-now masterpieces and yet all CGA graphics. And, yes, it is STILL a great game and gets a visit now and then. ) :)

When players GIVE UP on a game feature that's not good. :sadface: OTOH we've already plunked down our $$$! o_O But, you know, a friend was telling me he is going to get Skyrim and I found myself saying "Wait a minute!" So even though I've purchased doesn't mean the next guy will. :eek:

Kablewee

yeah the part about being able to dismiss youre follower rather he/she is with you or not should be an option when you go to get a new follower. I had mine disappear on me for few day and out of the blue he's there lol It sucks for folks that have their follower go mia only to not be able to get another one because you still have one eventhough you don't know where the f it is.

ItsBenniBlack

Mehti Oba
lmao i left mine in river wood forgetting i asked my follower to stay there lol now i have to go back from across the map to go get her *screams* also how does fast track work?

Kablewee

lmao i left mine in river wood forgetting i asked my follower to stay there lol now i have to go back from across the map to go get her *screams* also how does fast track work?
Any place you discovered you can fast travel which means it'll load to that location. so you don't have to walk there ,although scenery is sweet :)

ItsBenniBlack

Mehti Oba
ok awesome i didnt know if useing that feature would be a penalty thanks for the info :)

LaTuFu

Here
I lost Uthgerd somehow. I don't know if she was killed in battle or what, but I cannot find her anywhere. But I was able to get Lydia to follow me upon my return to Whiterun, so I dunno what happened to Uthgerd.

Reiji

Dark Mage of Clan Thu'um
I lost Uthgerd somehow. I don't know if she was killed in battle or what, but I cannot find her anywhere. But I was able to get Lydia to follow me upon my return to Whiterun, so I dunno what happened to Uthgerd.
If Uthgerd isn't in the Bannered Mare, then she is dead.

Mauli

Actual Alchemist
I try to keep in mind to never give a follower anything you could not bare to loose.

LaTuFu

Here
If Uthgerd isn't in the Bannered Mare, then she is dead.

I should have added that I already went back to the BM and her chair is empty. I'll loop back again in a couple of days and see if she decided to wander back. I'm thinking she's dead. At least I took the keys to her house before she left!

ItsBenniBlack

Mehti Oba
i still have her i armored hwe up and use healing hands as needed and damn weve been thru alot she lived through 2 dragons

jednj

OK - after running around the world I went "home" and tried to re-connect with LYDIA and was told I already have a follower?!?? A bit later I was told "Benor became tired of waiting and left". Gad Zooks! That suggests he was standing out there somewhere all that time and I HAD NO WAY TO FIND HIM! BAD! Anyway ... I gonna head back to Morthal to see if he shows up there.

jednj

Yeah ... Benor was at Morthal ... at least thank the developers for FAST TRAVEL! :) ;)

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts