Lorewise... Does Nocturnal get scewed when Dragonborn takes the oath?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Raijin

A Mage that loves a Templar
So if the Dragonborn turns into an undead vampire prior to taking the oath to Nocturnal doesn't this screw her in obtaining this prize possessed soul when the Dragonborn finally dies? After all doesn't Molag bal legitimize his claim to have first takes since his influence was already there prior to the oath?

ColleenG

When in doubt, follow the fox.
Oaths mean nothing to this Dragonborn and all the Daedra know it. They simply want to play with the Dragonborn, to see if they can get her to commit, for their own amusement. They all know her commitments are meaningless, however; that the dragonborn will do whatever she wants anytime she wants, and owes no one anything in the end. Power simply attracts power, and the Daedra are suckers for attention. In the end, the Dragonborn will go where she pleases. Maybe visiting all the realms of Oblivion, maybe going to Sovngaard, maybe all of the above.

Pete

Lore seems to say you are 'Ysmir, Dragon of the North' the last dragon born. Due to alduin's wall and what the gray beards say. So maybe you go where the dragons go.

Raijin

A Mage that loves a Templar
http://skyrimforum.com/sf/threads/who-gets-the-dragonborns-soul-debate-is-finally-at-an-end.61991/

Nope. Molag Bal loses. The Dragonborn sells his/her soul to nocturnal. It's pretty much written in blood.

Damn you to hell Karliah.

How can Molag Bal be losing? lycanthropy and Vampirism is a disease that is highly contagious. You're are unwilling working with the daedra prince by spreading this contagious disease, to others once you become fully infected. You are sharing their influences to others. Once you become a werewolf or a vampire you are given an additional power(s). When you use these powers that was granted to you draws you more into the Daedra prince territory. Just like what Kodlak said when he share his dream of going to Sovngarde.

Ivory

Let's Player
How can Molag Bal be losing? lycanthropy and Vampirism is a disease that is highly contagious. You're are unwilling working with the daedra prince by spreading this contagious disease, to others once you become fully infected. You are sharing their influences to others. Once you become a werewolf or a vampire you are given an additional power(s). When you use these powers that was granted to you draws you more into the Daedra prince territory. Just like what Kodlak said when he share his dream of going to Sovngarde.

Did you read the post I linked at all? If you chose to accept the power in the name of the Daedric Lord, then yeah you go to them. But not all vampires and werewolves are cursed to Hircine or Molag Bals realms. The Vampires born from Laeme Beolfag is proof of this. To accept her gift, you must scorn and abandon Arkay, but swear that one day you will bring forth the Daedric prince's destruction. When you are bitten by Harkon, you swear loyalty to him, and when you slay him who served Molag Bal, you could RP that you swore loyalty to Molag bal sure but the strange thing about Daedric Lords is they usually keep to their promises. Being a vampire won't damn you to Cold Harbour unless you wish it by swearing loyalty to Molag Bal himself. Now, if you swear loyalty to two Daedric Princes? Odds are they'd just rip your soul in half and be done with it. The information I've provided is clear so please do read it.

The Companions are cursed to Hircine's hunting grounds because they chose the path of the wolf. Every single one since the start of the curse who's been in the circle has willingly accepted Hircine. Kodlak simply changed his mind as he got older.

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass
I usually just go with rock-paper-scissors

Loren

Dragon Priestess
The way I see it is this: Vampires are technically immortal, but they're not invulnerable. Even if they live a thousand years, something will eventually kill them. Either a warring clan will end them in a skirmish, or a hunter will slay them in their sleep, or what have you. Something will eventually kill you. Hell, maybe you become so maddened by the thought of eternity that you willingly give yourself to fire.

Nocturnal knows it's to be a waiting game. And she's fine with that, because only the Aedra and Daedra are TRULY eternal. She knows your luck will eventually run out, because luck is HER domain.

ColleenG

When in doubt, follow the fox.
OK, so I just did this part of the questline, and NO, the dragonborn does NOT sell his/her soul to Nocturnal. Karliah specifically says, this is not about religion. This is purely a business deal with Nocturnal.

Ivory

Let's Player
OK, so I just did this part of the questline, and NO, the dragonborn does NOT sell his/her soul to Nocturnal. Karliah specifically says, this is not about religion. This is purely a business deal with Nocturnal.
And the deal is that you will become a nightengale which are charged in death with guarding the place. Nocturnal liked how the deal benefited her. It's like selling your soul to the devil from a religious point of view. You don't worship him, but if you sell your soul? That's your choice.

Loren

Dragon Priestess
Ivory: Yeah, that's pretty much what I got out of it.

Lewsean

I'd say she does, as do all other Daedric Princes. The DB is just a dragon in human form, and all Dragon's are basically unkillable(Soul lives on forever) unless killed by, of course, the DB. Being a 'piece' of Akatosh, I don't think the normal rules apply.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts