Spoiler Lore: Aetherius vs. Sovngarde?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Grelod The Kind

I aw Aetherius mentioned as 'Nord heaven' in a post, but I always thought that Sovngarde was the Nordic heaven - it's also that way in mythology.

If these are just for Nords, where do the other races go when they die? Are Nords and Werewolves the only ones to experience afterlife and do the other races just lose their souls? Seems a bit unfair in my eyes.

Can someone elaborate for me?

And, yes, I've read the wiki articles, but I'm afraid I just don't get it yet.

Harc

Big Hog
I aw Aetherius mentioned as 'Nord heaven' in a post, but I always thought that Sovngarde was the Nordic heaven - it's also that way in mythology.

If these are just for Nords, where do the other races go when they die? Are Nords and Werewolves the only ones to experience afterlife and do the other races just lose their souls? Seems a bit unfair in my eyes.

Can someone elaborate for me?

And, yes, I've read the wiki articles, but I'm afraid I just don't get it yet.
I honestly dont know. I look at it as that Sovnguarde is like the place where the vikings go. And that the mer, go to a heavenly place, and man go to another. I think Sovnguarde is a subsection of Aetherius

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
Aetherius is composed of the planes of immortals that are the counterpart to the planes of Oblivion that host the Daedra. It is home of the Aedra including the Divines and it is also where some realms of afterlife exist. Sovngarde is one of those realms reserved for Nords. Werewolves go to Hircine's Hunting Grounds which is a plane of Oblivion. Not much has been disclosed about where other races go other than to a plane of Oblivion if they pledged their soul to a Daedric Prince. Presumably each race has an afterlife plane in Aetherius that has yet to be disclosed by Bethesda.