PS3 Loads of very odd things

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Cloud

Even a Red Rose Has a Shadow
I'm having loads of problems with my skyrim for ps3 i have 2 copies of it and both are the same, have been thinking it is my ps3 as my bro doesnt have these problems any one else having these problems?

At the forges the iron in the fire gets stuck to my hand

items around the world are thrown everywhere and i have tried 3 saves and the same things are out of place, In windhelm its worse most of the items at the stalls are just all over the floor, even with update 1.4 i tried deleting my saves the install data and restoring missing files on the ps3 and same problems happen when i start new saves

The water in whiterun goes funny aswell like very fast but its just black the enchanting tables go all blue sometimes just wondering if stuff like this happens to any one else or could it be a ps3 problem?

Love skyrim but tired of starting over and bumping into the same problems even people arent showing up just gone missing.

Thomas Liu

tyl089
No problem, also try manual save after down loading the new patch 1.4, wait 72hours in game, do anther save file, then turn off system and restart the game and see how it progresses. I'm still having broken quest issues, but at least the lag and frame rate problems are gone for now.

Yeah, some hassles, but it's skyrim.

Cloud

Ok tried my bro's ps3 had the exact same problems at the same parts i started a new save got to riverwood the weapon stand had no weapons outside the blacksmiths they where on the floor, The iron got stuck to my hand at the forge, Went to whiterun and the jewlery/weapon stall had a ring and necklace on the floor in the exact same way i'll try my other disc again and my bro's see if that changes anything dunno if 2 faulty discs could be the problem and both mine *sigh* least i know it aint my ps3 now =)

Any one else besides me having these odd things happen to them?

Caponez0r

Saint of the Thieves
A friend of mine has it on the PS3 too, and he's got the 1.4 patch installed, but he hasn't any of those listed problems. So it's maybe a a little error on the disc. But I know little about SP3 technique, I'm more a PC-genius

Thomas Liu

tyl089
Here, also try this method I found on the bethsoft forum.

1. Fire up PS3
2. Download Patch
3. Load Your Save
4. Let it sit for a bit while the game rights itself some (it will probably do some weird stuff like your inventory being open, but that's normal) I waited roughly 10 minutes.
5. Make a new manual save (Don't overwrite your old save, save on a fresh new slot)
6. Exit game and shut down Playstation
7. Restart Playstation
8. Load your new save (Use the load option instead of the continue option)

9. (optional) Wait 73 in game hours (suggested by Nick Breton I believe)
10. Play your game

If you still have your save from before the patch, give it a try if you didn't do it this way. See what happens.
Edited by cobrasno1, 10 February 2012 - 12:56 P

Cloud

My bro just trying he's out now he has same problem with stuff not being on the stalls but he doesnt have any of the other problems yet so might be 1.4 glitch or something

As for my save i reset everything thought it was gonna work fine after patch 1.4 my old save was messed up couldn't get windhelm house and few bugs with quests so i deleted everything install data new patch saves even checked the file system on the ps3, There was a problem with that but it restored it.

So after doing all that and having the same problems since day 1 and I starting a new save a bunch of times, So should i still have to wait the 3 days in game and turn of the ps3?

Oh i also tried sleeping for a month save turn off the ps3 and load it up and still having the same problems.

Cloud

Me and my bro figgured out that shields cause the iron getting stuck to our hands at forges, its kinda a odd thing if its starts doing it, Its not as simple as taking off the shield and it stops least i know now its probably a minor glitch hope they fix it though

People going missing seems to be a all round thing that happens to people from what i looked up?

All the stuff on the floor is on both our saves any one else getting that bug?

And just the problem with the water going black after a few hours of playing and the enchanting tables going blue seem to be the only other problems i'm having

All the bugs and problems and its still one hell of a game, Hopefully they'll fix it soon =)

Cloud

I have not thought to check for that i remember when i first got the game i had like 12 corrupted files,

I have been playing a new save for a bit now winhelm stalls are fine at the moment all items are on the stands still having the blue enchant tables and water turns black on both mine and my bros versions i'm using my other disc for the time being seems good so far no one gone missing *crossed fingers* lol.

And if me and my bro are having mostly the same problems i'm guessing its not just us, so if any one else is having these problems let us know please =)

Cloud

Been playing the game for 11 hours on my new save now theres 2 people missing windhelm stalls the fruit merchant and the meat merchant right next to each other i cant catch a break :sadface:

Thomas Liu

tyl089
Sorry not responding sooner; glad you got most of your problems. Wow, 12 corrupted files. I'm not sure if you can do a system check on your ps3 just to see if your hard drive is okay or not, but Skyrim is full of bugs still even with the new patch.

there's supposed to be a patch 1.5 in the works, but right now, try to keep your save files to a minimum, including old games from other saves and best of luck.

My own system is 320gb, only with skyrim and I still got about four corrupt files when I didn't download patch 1.4.

Cloud

Yeah ive started few new saves lately deciding on good char to use since my last good save, save had over 130 hours played and it was 12 mb save size was very laggy patch sorted the lag but not the house in windhelm problem, i must say games running awesome now 15 plus hours on one save only uses just over 4mb cant wait to see what they'll fix next and when dlc will be out.

Thanks for your replies helped loads =)

Thomas Liu

tyl089
Good, glad it's working out for you now. They say patch 1.5 is supposed to work on broken and glitched quest, and to mod the game so it'll work better with the DLC contents.

Cloud

Cool sounds good cant wait, if they opened a gate back to cerodill would be awesome and open a brawl arena type thing would be cool aswell, have to wait and see =)

Cloud

Dunno its one odd glitch after another with skyrim lol, having the same problem seems constant on my new save used to just leave the room and go back in solved it but now its in caves and stuff as well.

More and more stuff seems to be on the floor as well instead of on the counters and stalls lol.

Only big problem now on my saves is my npc's are going missing =(

Thomas Liu

tyl089
I had problems with decorating the houses at Rfiten and Whiterun before and after patch. Trick is just to keep putting things back to original place and one of the tricks that seem to work I found on the other sites is to drop it to the floor first, then pick it up and put it where ever you want inside your house(s).