• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Mewness

Trans-Neptunian Object
This is for those who, at least occasionally, actually read the books you find scattered around in Skyrim. I ignore them, for the most part--I read one occasionally, but I usually find them pretty dull (plus there are a bunch that I'm already familiar with from previous Elder Scrolls games), but I'm interested in whether you've found any books in the game that you really liked, or found especially funny/appropriate in the context in which you found them.

The best one I've read recently is Withershins, a humorous story about a fellow with a rather unusual language curse. I only read it because a character in the Interesting NPCs mod said it was his favorite book. So, what are your favorites?

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
I read "The Cabin in the Woods" mostly because of the Joss Whedon movie of the same title. It was allright.
Read another one that was quite funny but I can't remember what it was called.
Here is a link to the site that has pretty much EVERY Elder Scrolls book ever written, in full.
http://www.imperial-library.info/books/all/by-category
And, you can download all Skyrims books onto your eReader now to. Not that I would..but.. anyway :)

Tawneey

Not sure if it would interest anyone, but this guy reads aloud some very interesting books throughout the whole TES series.

He only has a few at the moment, but uploads a new one every week or two, very great voice too, almost could go to sleep.

Annageckos

I found the cake and the diamond amusing. And I just read the woodcutters wife. I do like to read the books in skyrim, but I love to read IRL too.

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
This is for those who, at least occasionally, actually read the books you find scattered around in Skyrim. I ignore them, for the most part--I read one occasionally, but I usually find them pretty dull (plus there are a bunch that I'm already familiar with from previous Elder Scrolls games), but I'm interested in whether you've found any books in the game that you really liked, or found especially funny/appropriate in the context in which you found them.

The best one I've read recently is Withershins, a humorous story about a fellow with a rather unusual language curse. I only read it because a character in the Interesting NPCs mod said it was his favorite book. So, what are your favorites?
I luv the Begger/Thief series personally.

khazan99

Semi-professional cabbage collector

ColleenG

When in doubt, follow the fox.
I actually find most of their books interesting but I don't read them very often. I really liked "The Marksmanship Lesson"

khazan99

Semi-professional cabbage collector

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
This may be old news to some people but when you come across a whole shelf of books and you only want skill books, then those that are worth over 50 gold are skill books :) I only just recently learnt this from a youtube video. :oops:

I take any book I find and store it in my house regardless of the value, I must have thousands. I keep telling myself I'm going to read them but I keep procrastinating. I'll open one here and there and scan a couple pages, some seem pretty interesting and could help immerse yourself in the game more adding extra fantasy and understanding of the strange 2 mooned planet.

Mewness

Trans-Neptunian Object
I recently read "The Gold Ribbon of Merit," which was fun although the ending was sort of obvious.

I keep planning to have a character collect books but I always end up just selling the things. (Although for some reason I seem compelled to hang on to every journal, note, threatening letter, Brotherhood contract, and written explanation of plot that comes into my possession, no matter how boring.) I am trying to collect the entire 2920 series at the moment (10 volumes, I think?) just because it seems to be really rare. I'm not that thrilled with the story.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts