• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Ron

Just curious what you guys use. I personally prefer heavy. If you would like you can list your preferred armor as well as what type.

ShadowGambit

It depends on the type of character I want to roleplay.

Sniper (Archer Mage): Black Elven Armor (use a mod to get the black color) with Nightingale hood. Light Armor

Eldritch Dark Knight (Necromancer Tank): Ebony Armor with hood and Dragon Priest Mask (Vokun) . Heavy Armor.

Paladin (in project): Steel Plate Armor (Thinking about using a mod to get shiny armor.) Heavy Armor.

illuminist

dark wood elf assassin
I prefer medium to light armour or padded armour,but I love nightingale or thieves guild armour its sexy.

Templar of Talos

Bane of Elves and Vampires
Heavy all the way, what with the Dawnguard heavy armour making you look like some badass Knight :D. Better than the poncy vampire Light armour

illuminist

dark wood elf assassin
If you do the civil war quests with the imperials....the soltitude black smith gives you padded light medium armour or heavy armour or light armour. I like heavy armour when it comes to being a soldier,yes.

Hildolfr

It's a big hammer.
I have to a tendency to gravitate towards Light Armor. I think it just looks better, especially the higher level stuff.

Lady Redpool the Unlifer

Pyro, Spirits Connoisseur, and Soulless Anarchist
I must say that I love heavy armor unless I'm RPing a sneaky type, I just personally don't like the look of the light armors

Hildolfr

It's a big hammer.
Weird. I have 400 hours game time and have never seen a medium armor.
I don't believe it's actually medium armor. When you do the Imperial storyline, you're given one set of armor by the Legion's blacksmith in Solitude. He asks you if you want light, medium, or heavy. I've never taken the medium, but I'm going to assume* that he's speaking of the Studded Imperial Armor. That's the only example of "medium armor" I've found in the game and I believe that's what's being discussed here. It's not actually medium, it's just slightly better light armor.

*I assume at my own risk. Please don't hurt me! :eek:

Lady Redpool the Unlifer

Weird. I have 400 hours game time and have never seen a medium armor.
It isn't actually medium armor. He's referring to the studded Imperial armor which is actually light armor, the Imperial smith simply refers to it as medium armor.

Lady Redpool the Unlifer

I don't believe it's actually medium armor. When you do the Imperial storyline, you're given one set of armor by the Legion's blacksmith in Solitude. He asks you if you want light, medium, or heavy. I've never taken the medium, but I'm going to assume* that he's speaking of the Studded Imperial Armor. That's the only example of "medium armor" I've found in the game and I believe that's what's being discussed here. It's not actually medium, it's just slightly better light armor.

*I assume at my own risk. Please don't hurt me! :eek:
Damn, you beat me to it! You are correct, as I posted mere seconds after you.

i K33L n0085

Destroyer Devour Master
I prefer light armor or clothes, depending on which has the best enchantment.
I hate heavy armor, it's slow and obnoxiously loud.

pkkveel

Premium Member
light armor to start. I have the ancient shrouded armor set from the dark brotherhood quest line and have worn that exclusivity until now. My light armor is at 93 or so and I will wander around and kill things until it is at 100. I will then switch to heavy ( I have a full set of ebony and blades armor in my house in Whiterun) and run around and work on leveling block and heavy armor to 100.

Aquillus

I like the look of Ebony armor, but 9/10 times i go with light. Even as a sword/shield character. I like having the option to sneak when I want to.

Admiral Snackbar

it's a...well, you know.
Light armor for me, upgraded/improved Thieves Guild, to be precise. I like the look and the mobility, as well as the weight savings to carry a bit more loot. :)

Jamond Aroth

I always go heavy armor because in the long run it's better than light armor in almost every way. The weight and movement speed stop being an issue once you have one of the top perks in the heavy armor skill tree, and if you want to sneak that isn't a problem because you could just use enchantments and potions until you have reached a high level in sneak. At level 100 in sneak it really doesn't matter what armor you use even if you haven't placed any perks in that tree. Besides I only have one sneaky character I play. Moreover, it never hurts to have heavy armor if you're using 1h or 2h. The only type of character I wouldn't use heavy armor on would be a mage.

J

Jeremius

here is what i normally do to figure it out:
  1. want to focus on Melee? go heavy for the extra protection early on.
  2. playing the skirmisher style (archery at range and melee up close) light works best as the bow usually kills things before they get to me
  3. Being a sorcerer/wizard? forget armor and use magicka

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts