Light armor vs heavy armor

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

chizzbot

I just got the dual enchant perk, so I sold my Legendary dragonscale armor +49 health & Legendary DS Gauntlets archery +40 elven boots / helm. Now I'm rolling with a full set of Legendary leather all dual enchanted. I think my armor rating is 465 (at level 56), so I now have to be a bit careful, which is much more fun. My sneak is 100, but not heavily invested in perks, so I have to work a bit to sneak sometimes. Again, I'm having more fun than I used to. Plus, I like the look of the leather.

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
I just got the dual enchant perk, so I sold my Legendary dragonscale armor +49 health & Legendary DS Gauntlets archery +40 elven boots / helm. Now I'm rolling with a full set of Legendary leather all dual enchanted. I think my armor rating is 465 (at level 56), so I now have to be a bit careful, which is much more fun. My sneak is 100, but not heavily invested in perks, so I have to work a bit to sneak sometimes. Again, I'm having more fun than I used to. Plus, I like the look of the leather.
Leather? Doesn't that make your butt look big? What dfficulty are you playing on that an AR of 465 @ 100 sneak means you have to be more careful? If I had that I'd be bulldozing just about everything. :)

Cherry

Farfetch'd is judging you!
Leather? Doesn't that make your butt look big? What dfficulty are you playing on that an AR of 465 @ 100 sneak means you have to be more careful? If I had that I'd be bulldozing just about everything. :)

I'd guess he is on Master? On that difficulty, even with maxed out armor and 500-600 health, a high level dual-wielder Forsworn can kill you quite fast if you're not careful. I know from experience.

chizzbot

I'm on master. I just meant to be careful around Deathlords and giants / mammoth... I used to have 2 archery enchants for +40 each, but I replaced one, because my bow was one-shotting everything, esp when sneaking for 3X...

*Edit... sorry, I'm on Expert, not Master. I knew it was one above Adept, but forgot the name. I tried Master a long time ago, and got tired of getting killed by mudcrabs.

khazan99

Semi-professional cabbage collector
Really? I've used Invisibility + Muffle with maxed out sneak to just run through a dungeon (literally run, no sneaking) and no-one detected me o_O

Because I've had some trouble w/ this as well, I'd like to ask: you don't mean literally running (or even walking) through a dungeon, you mean moving in Stealth mode, yes?

Daelon DuLac

Really? I've used Invisibility + Muffle with maxed out sneak to just run through a dungeon (literally run, no sneaking) and no-one detected me o_O

Because I've had some trouble w/ this as well, I'd like to ask: you don't mean literally running (or even walking) through a dungeon, you mean moving in Stealth mode, yes?
Once I have the perk that allows for running or walking in stealth (just before Shadow Master), I too have been known to actually run through a crowd while invisible and no-one ever sees me.

I generally don't have an issue with the muffle/invisibility combo be it potion, enchnatment or spell once I have silent cast and the perk in stealth.

Twiffle

Heavy or light, , ahh the conundrum dreamed up by those people at Bethesda, gotta hand that one to them yeh.

However it really does just depend on ones personal taste and how you want to play out your character, me personally i do prefer the Dragon LA for its looks in light, for the heavy i like the daedric, and that silly helmet in the Dragon is funny, but if i do use heavy my favorite is Steel Plate, i just think it has a more true identity to it, but that's just me.

The problem is though i usually play Mage type or thief/assassin characters of which neither use any Armour at all, mostly either robes and then onto different clothing according to enchant skill.

But if i had to choose just one i would go with Dragon light with a hood on females and no helmet on males,

that's my 2 cents

Daelon DuLac

Heavy or light, , ahh the conundrum dreamed up by those people at Bethesda, gotta hand that one to them yeh.

However it really does just depend on ones personal taste and how you want to play out your character, me personally i do prefer the Dragon LA for its looks in light, for the heavy i like the daedric, and that silly helmet in the Dragon is funny, but if i do use heavy my favorite is Steel Plate, i just think it has a more true identity to it, but that's just me.

The problem is though i usually play Mage type or thief/assassin characters of which neither use any Armour at all, mostly either robes and then onto different clothing according to enchant skill.

But if i had to choose just one i would go with Dragon light with a hood on females and no helmet on males,

that's my 2 cents
I want to try my mage with Bothia's armor, a nightingale hood (of DB) with ebony gaunlets and boots (all black) and some daedric weaponry. Don't know. Just think it might look cool. :)

Snake Tortoise

Here's For Your Trouble
In my current game I got my glass armour value up to about 850 before changing for dragonscale boots, gauntlets and shield with a forsworn helmet (the antler one) and fur armour (the topless kind). My character looks awesome, and was still comfortably over the armour cap!

I'd never thought of doing that before- getting a really high armour value then downgrading armour to look cool while still keeping over the cap. So many possibilities! I'll have to dress up as a draugr next time I have high level heavy armour

Cherry

Farfetch'd is judging you!

Yes, I did mean I literally running, as in sprinting at full speed. I had Invisibility + Muffle spells both active, maxed out sneak (all perks), and none of the bandits I ran past never knew what was going on. I was like a fudging ghost.