Liberation of Skyrim-Winterhold glitch

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

jacobyyy

Help me please! I gave the Imperials the Pale during the peace treaty talks. My next quest for Ulfric was to regain Winterhold. As I was walking around, not doing the mission, it glitched and said I completed "Liberate Winterhold Hold". Now when I go to the Winterhold Stormcloak Camp, Glamar does not have the option "Reporting in..". I've talked to Ulfric, basically killed Galmar multiple times, used the cooking pot, everything to try to reset the dialogue. Nothing works! Any tips would be appreciated!

bananban

I had the same issue with my quest, in Winterhold, except it was on the Legion side of the war. I could not tell Rikke that I was reporting for duty no matter what I did.

Have you tried reloading a save BEFORE you got Winterhold part of the Liberation quest and doing a quest or two before you report to Ulfric? That was rumored to work out the bug, though I'm not entirely sure.

Gowsh

Old Fart
I had a similar problem in my game and tried a bunch of stuff.

Eventually, I just started doing other quests, and after around 12 hours (a guess) of RT gameplay, I tried the stuck quest again and got the needed option.

It seems that the game is able to sort of repair itself some times. Odd.

i have the same problem, except im on the imperial side
I haven't found a solution and I probably won't bother doing the civil war quests until I make a new character. It's a pity though, the civil war questline is pretty interesting.