• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Sentinala

Premium Member
I always seem to have a problem, when I make a new char, and do a questline, I don't level fast enough just doing the quests

Do u guys do outside training, from trainers, quests etc

Also this time round I wanna get into enchanting and smithing

Any tips?

And looking forward to dawnguard for of :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blue 468

Well what kind of character are you playing? The more skills you use the faster you will probably level but will become less specialized. So if you only put perks into a few different skills you might level slower. I have a level 34 Bosmer Ranger and i've done almost everything. Hope that helps:)

Duon

Graphic Designer
Do you fast travel allot? My characters walk everywhere, that way I'm gaining experience not just from the quest but from the journey itself. Have completely unlocked everything on my map 3 times.

Balerion Blackdread

Eater of Worlds and Pie
I use trainers a lot once the money starts piling up. There's really not much else to spend it on in the game once you have the house or houses you want.

You don't have to jump into any major quests right away and you get plenty of opportunity to level if you don't fast travel. On one of my playthroughs I simply did all the quests I could to help the general citizenry of each Hold first which got me past level 30 with almost no fast traveling.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
Also this time round I wanna get into enchanting and smithing

Any tips?
You can establish Synergy between your enchanting and smithing. Smithing leveling mechanics are determined by forged item value so smithing jewelry is the most efficient way for you to level the skill (some will say Dwarven smithing is efficient but forging jewelry yields more Smithing xp per ingot used than Dwarven smithing and if you don't intend to take the perks on the right branch of the Smithing perk tree then it's not even viable).

Smithing.

Get the Transmute spell as soon as you can. You can get it at Halted Stream Camp. Keep a pick with you and keep an eye out for iron ore. It's one of the most common ore veins you'll find in Skyrim. Halted Stream Camp has several veins. You should also by iron ore from every blacksmith and general goods store trader every time you visit a town or city. It's the cheapest ore and generally very affordable, especially since you'll turn a profit once you transmute it into silver or gold ore and make jewelry with it and sell it.

Transmute some of the iron ore into silver ore. It's a bit tedious because you have to drop or store the silver ore each time you transmute iron ore or the next time you cast the spell the silver ore will turn into gold ore. The reason why you want silver ingots is because certain jewels can only be added to silver ore but the net increase in value for the silver ore and gem once it becomes jewelry is appreciable. When you don't have any gems you can simply convert everything to gold ore and make gold rings.

Enchanting.

Buy petty soul gems from the court mages and general goods store merchants every time you visit a city or hold. If you have access to the College of Winterhold you can get several from the mages that sell spells there. Look for weapons enchanted with soul trap at the blacksmith's every time you visit a town or city. Buy one if you can find one or if your lucky enough you may find one as loot. Unless it's already a bow, disenchant it to learn the enchantment and make a bow enchanted with Soul Trap. You'll need a filled soul gem for this, preferably but not necessarily a Grand Soul.

Fill all your soul gems by killing creatures with petty souls. Deer and Elk are the most common choices. You can also use their hides to make leather to craft leather bracers later for additional Smithing xp. Use the Petty Souls you collect to enchant the jewelry you made. It will increase the value and level your Enchanting skill.

Charging an enchanted weapon will also increase your Enchanting skill. Doing the Daedric Quest to get the Black Star can be very helpful to use this leveling technique because it will collect a Black Grand Soul every time you kill any NPC enemy with it and using the Grand Soul to charge a weapon will give you decent Enchanting xp regardless of how much charge your enchanted weapon actually needs.

ShadowGambit

Illusion: Buy Muffle spells from Farengar and cast it over and over, wherever you go.

Archery: hunt animals on your way.

One-Handed, Armor: fight every wild animal you come across.

Alchemy: get all the ingredients you can find on the road and make potion.

Conjuration: Conjure Flame atronach and fight it with your dual wield Bound sword. Also increases One-Handed.

Alteration: go get Transmute and cast it on iron ore. That will help also for your money. or use Telekinesis all the time.

Those are not the fastest way to POWER LEVEL, but at least you are playing teh game.

berzum

Why is the alto wine always gone?
depends on your build example: i play a sneaky archer, so i sneak where ever i go, and alway sneak shot animals, bandits, and even dragons. i like to go into dwemer ruin and sneak the whole way through, a singler dwemer ruin can yeild me 4-5 levels, depending on how i do it, if i need to raise sneak and archery then i sneak and use bow but if i want to raise one handed then i toss on some maces and confromt the dwemer robots (lol) plus that raise light armor. it all depends on your build and how you play the game

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
You can establish Synergy between your enchanting and smithing. Smithing leveling mechanics are determined by forged item value so smithing jewelry is the most efficient way for you to level the skill (some will say Dwarven smithing is efficient but forging jewelry yields more Smithing xp per ingot used than Dwarven smithing and if you don't intend to take the perks on the right branch of the Smithing perk tree then it's not even viable).

Smithing.

Get the Transmute spell as soon as you can. You can get it at Halted Stream Camp. Keep a pick with you and keep an eye out for iron ore. It's one of the most common ore veins you'll find in Skyrim. Halted Stream Camp has several veins. You should also by iron ore from every blacksmith and general goods store trader every time you visit a town or city. It's the cheapest ore and generally very affordable, especially since you'll turn a profit once you transmute it into silver or gold ore and make jewelry with it and sell it.

Transmute some of the iron ore into silver ore. It's a bit tedious because you have to drop or store the silver ore each time you transmute iron ore or the next time you cast the spell the silver ore will turn into gold ore. The reason why you want silver ingots is because certain jewels can only be added to silver ore but the net increase in value for the silver ore and gem once it becomes jewelry is appreciable. When you don't have any gems you can simply convert everything to gold ore and make gold rings.

Enchanting.

Buy petty soul gems from the court mages and general goods store merchants every time you visit a city or hold. If you have access to the College of Winterhold you can get several from the mages that sell spells there. Look for weapons enchanted with soul trap at the blacksmith's every time you visit a town or city. Buy one if you can find one or if your lucky enough you may find one as loot. Unless it's already a bow, disenchant it to learn the enchantment and make a bow enchanted with Soul Trap. You'll need a filled soul gem for this, preferably but not necessarily a Grand Soul.

Fill all your soul gems by killing creatures with petty souls. Deer and Elk are the most common choices. You can also use their hides to make leather to craft leather bracers later for additional Smithing xp. Use the Petty Souls you collect to enchant the jewelry you made. It will increase the value and level your Enchanting skill.

Charging an enchanted weapon will also increase your Enchanting skill. Doing the Daedric Quest to get the Black Star can be very helpful to use this leveling technique because it will collect a Black Grand Soul every time you kill any NPC enemy with it and using the Grand Soul to charge a weapon will give you decent Enchanting xp regardless of how much charge your enchanted weapon actually needs.
Ah Dagmar. So full of it (knowledge that is!). Despite having done all of this before, it really lays it out. Thanks for the transmute thing as well. I just legendized alchemy (didn't help, I hadn't perked it up), but, as I have all my perks in my smithing now, I was trying to get some more, but now I have another method to do smithing all over again since it's so easy to bring up. I also didn't know that charging upped enchantment. That's cool!