• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

theoperation

Hero of Jorvasskr
I like the Talos idea, but I also like to believe it's Akatosh. He's the divine who granted you the power to learn the words through absorbing dragon souls, so it makes sense that he'd want to see you grow his power.

And he wouldn't just use a divine message, as I guess he wants to remain hidden or not frighten the dragonborn. Plus the divines don't really work like that, it's more the Deadra that do that. I think he manifests himself as a regular guy, gives the courier the letter and tells him to deliver it to the dragonborn.

stagnant94

easy, follow the courier around everywhere, then you'll find out who it is!

and isn't akatosh the same dragon as alduin?

Dar'Neko

Qahnaarin

That wouldn't work, they just run away and stand still saying "Nope, sorry, nothing" at you until you go away.

theoperation

Hero of Jorvasskr

Alduin considers himself the firstborn of Akatosh. Kind of like an evil Jesus, if you will. Of course, he could well be a different manifestation of Akatosh. I've read one book claiming Alduin is Akatosh, and one claiming he is not Akatosh.

stagnant94

That wouldn't work, they just run away and stand still saying "Nope, sorry, nothing" at you until you go away.
cast fear on them

stagnant94

Thorn1nYourSid3

Insert witty comment here...
It could still be Delphine, whenever she gives the letter to a courier she obviously would not let her identity be known. Possibly wearing a hooded black robe and letting the courier assume she is male. Or even getting an actual male to deliver the letter to a courier.

Belle

Fool of Hearts - Laughter Incarnate
MY THEORY:

*drumroll*

Paarthunax

I kid, I kid. But I got one of those letters when I did that fire breath shout on Paarthunax at the Throat of the World, and he was the only one there xD

Epic Keith

By Ysmir you're going to FREEZE to death!

You must be an Imperial lover.

"Some say Akatosh is Alduin. Some say Mai'q is a Liar. Don't believe any of these things" Mai'q the Liar.

Epic Keith

By Ysmir you're going to FREEZE to death!
Whoever it is knows Draugr tombs and dragon crypts.

THE GAULDER BROTHERS!

stagnant94

You must be an Imperial lover.

"Some say Akatosh is Alduin. Some say Mai'q is a Liar. Don't believe any of these things" Mai'q the Liar.
that. that doesn't make any sense. if he says he isn't a liar, he could be lying and... oO

DovahCap

The one cube to rule them all.

azali100

Why exactly would it be a god? They could just come down from the heavens to tell you that. if they have time for a letter, they have time to visit you.
Maybe the courier is the god.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

juni0rj0hn

Article Writer
Does anyone know if you ever find out who this "friend" is? i thought it was Ulfric for a while, but i kept getting these letters after joining the stormcloaks so it wouldn't make sense for him to keep sending them.

Or do you never find out?

If so, who do you think it might be?

Does anyone know if you ever find out who this "friend" is? i thought it was Ulfric for a while, but i kept getting these letters after joining the stormcloaks so it wouldn't make sense for him to keep sending them.

Or do you never find out?

If so, who do you think it might be?
Has no one considered king Thoryyg, from beyond the dead...? To help bring Ulfric down?

theoperation

Hero of Jorvasskr
Has no one considered king Thoryyg, from beyond the dead...? To help bring Ulfric down?

No, because the letters keep getting sent even though I'm in the Stormcloak army using my thu'um to kill imperial troops!

shadowwraith

I like the Talos idea, but I also like to believe it's Akatosh. He's the divine who granted you the power to learn the words through absorbing dragon souls, so it makes sense that he'd want to see you grow his power.

And he wouldn't just use a divine message, as I guess he wants to remain hidden or not frighten the dragonborn. Plus the divines don't really work like that, it's more the Deadra that do that. I think he manifests himself as a regular guy, gives the courier the letter and tells him to deliver it to the dragonborn.

If it is a daedra my first thought would be of Azura, she always seems to be willing to help the player, especially in morrowind.