• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Is "Let's Talk Mods" a good idea?

• Yes

Votes: 10 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, but should also do funny mods.

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • No, not enough PC Gamers to have a good audience.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

ZPfor3

Arch-Mage/Harbinger in Training
How would you guys like a Mod Reviewer on this forum? I have been looking for stuff to write about since I became a writer and thought about doing little Mod Reviews (called "Let's Talk Mods") and posting them here and on the Writer's Page. The mods I review would be some popular and some un-popular mods that add that little bit of immersion we all crave. No cheat or over-powered mods but just nice, simple, and immersive ones. What do y'all think? :)

I'd like to see some reviews, at least of mods that aren't horribly overdone. I'd want to see mods that add player homes or followers, see if they're all they're cracked up to be.

Skulli

Is that fur coming out of your ears?
I use over 80 mods in addition to another 30+ I have tried and uninstalled. I would be happy to contribute regularly to such a thread.

Skulli

I'd like to see some reviews, at least of mods that aren't horribly overdone. I'd want to see mods that add player homes or followers, see if they're all they're cracked up to be.

Regarding followers, the Angelina Jolie and the Serana's twin sister Sarena are outstanding. They both perk to 81 like you, and are marked essential and marriagable.

Look housing mods over carefully, because some aren't navmeshed, some hate your spouse or followers, some have buggy chests and mannequins. A few will overpower your PC and cause game crashes or lag from hell.

Look for the abode mods with the largest followings on Steam or Nexus. Be wary of "brand new" ones.

ZPfor3

Point the Way

Have you ever been fully immersed in Skyrim, walking along a path, when you come to a cross road and don’t know which way Whiterun is? Or Dragon Bridge? Or Riverwood? You have to go to the map, break yourself of the immersion, and find out which way you need to go. Point the Way aims to fix this little problem by installing more signposts at cross roads with various towns and villages marked. You can use these posts to help direct you towards your destination, without having to go to the map. This is a great mod, especially for you hardcore players out there who like to play with HUD set to zero and truly BECOME your characters. As an immersion fan, I was very impressed by this mod's subtle, but definite impact on my game. I highly recommend this mod to anyone who would like a nicer and more realistic looking game, but also wants a mod that adds functionality. This mod is currently on the Skyrim Nexus and can be downloaded via the Nexus Mod Manager for easier installation. You can download the mod here: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/33393

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim

ZPfor3

Think To Yourself Messages

As you were playing Skyrim, have you ever thought to yourself, "You are carrying to much to run." Or, "Fast Travel to Whiterun?" If you are a computer, the you might, but no real person is going to think like that. These messages are very immersion breaking and don't seem like real thoughts. This mod aims to change that. TTYM changes the little messages your character gets while playing Skyrim. For Example, when you are carrying to much, it is changed to saying, "I am carrying to much!" When you fast travel, it now tells you, "I am traveling to Whiterun." These provides just that little bit of immersion that we gamers so desperately crave. You can find this mod on the Skyrim Nexus at: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/32060

Next review should be up on Monday, April 1, 2013 (not a joke :p)

Skulli

I will try to post a review every other day and, Skulli, maybe you can post one on the days I don't? Sound good? :)

Absolutely!

Alissa DeWitt

Beer Wench
Love the idea. I've downloaded several mods that add realism and immersion, everything from survival to economy fixers to making Khajiit PC's respond in a Khajiit dialect. Making the game harder to me is much more complex than bumping up the toughness of the monsters.

Skulli

ZPfor3

Enhanced Night Skyrim

The night sky's in Skyrim are boring. There, I said it, but seriously, What is the point of having incredible graphics mods if they have nothing to modify in the dark? That means that special, performance hogging ENB or other graphics mod is only modifying half of your game. That doesn't seem like a fair trade off to me. Enhanced Night Skyrim adds life to the dark, so to speak. It adds tons of nebulas, galaxies, and constellations in the sky for your character to look at and enjoy. They make nighttime, campfire-lite screenshots look amazing and add a real sense of a fantasy, but in a good way. It makes it feel like a new world, but a world that could actually exist. While the added nighttime visuals are not affected by other graphic enhancing mods, they don't need to be. These nighttime works of art will blow you away, while at the same time, not distracting you in the slightest from your night time endeavors. This is a must have mod for me from now on. You can find this mod on the Skyrim Nexus at: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/85

Skulli

ZPfor3, does this mod induce any lag issues?

Skulli

I just added the Aquamarine Galaxy version! :D