• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

jarif

Ok if real life was a fantasy or lets use Skyrim as a example (yes their can be television at this time) and we had to be adventurers or had to play a role or lifestyle in that life.

What would you be and why?
The rule is you must be realistic and honest with yourself, you as a individual, what would you be?

Example I would be a lone wolf, with a black trench coat with armor and dual wielding sword, why? Because its badass! And it just goes with my personality.
  1. I would also be a pacifist
  2. Eat Sweet rolls
  3. I would suck at archery and shield and instead kick for the balls
  4. I would be the silent type, jump scaring my friends out of no where as if I was bAtMan!
If you want to be more hardcore, say what perks you would have from Skyrim (can't be too overpowered)

Here's what I would look like -
3297578-7640430579-Sword.jpg

Rimfaxe96

Well I'm female irl, and since about 90% of Skyrim's population lives in poverty I'm pretty sure I'd be some chick stuck in a farm houses' kitchen for life. And that still would be better than living in cities to some degree, because there's no real canal system (except for maybe in Rifton) so the dirt just lies on the street giving you diseases. Plus, cities are what is going to be conquered first when war occurs, though having your house burned, yourself raped and then hanged isn't much of a better choice no matter whether it happens on a farm or a city.

I'm not much of the submissive type though, so I'd be probably one of those who help to smuggle out Talos worshippers into Morrowind or wherever it is they go. Could get me killed, and also would probably since the Justiciars are free to go get you whenever they feel like it, but I also wouldn't survive a life in poverty with at least some action happening.
I'd train myself with the kitchen knife for sure, but in the end that wouldn't help me a lot against 3 armored elves who are about 3 heads taller than me, if not more. But I'd still go for the risk.

Would never stand there doing nothing when friends and neighbours get kidnapped and killed.
Never.
tumblr_m9arbcfETe1qfc8cw.gif

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
I'd work for one of the Jarls (probably as a steward) since I'm a policy & logistical wonk. Would work diligently to make both myself and my boss very, very rich and powerful. I would certainly align myself with the most powerful force in the area (probably the Thalmor in this case).

I'd be good at archery and almost any ranged magic (can't stand direct confrontation) but would always carry a large mace with me at all times, just in case.

Kind of morally nuetral as I have very little respect for the intelligence of the human species in general (okay maybe not intelligence, judgement) so would have no qualms whatsoever in cutting enemies off at the knees, although I would use a creative approach that they would never see coming. Usually hiring someone to do the job would be my modus operandi, although I wouldn't be concerned with it being traced back to me.

Humour would be a big thing for me so I would have a number of bards around for entertainment as I also like to sing and play instruments.

As I do have a somewhat charitable streak, I would probably also run some sort of charitable organization for those affected by the war (and my own actions) ala Scarface Capone in Chicago.

Khasrin

Fusozayiit
I'd live at the College of Winterhold. Being a mage seems the only feasible Skyrim career option for me - I lack the physical strength of a warrior or a blacksmith, I'm about as sociable as broken glass so being a merchant or innkeeper is out, I'm too lazy to be a farmer, and too clumsy to be a thief. I have an avid interest in a number of subjects that (collectively) might approximate a study of magic. I tend to disregard practical matters to pursue my own interests. For science! Or...something...

I'd favor the more subtle schools of magic such as Alteration, Illusion, and Restoration, but my Destruction skill would be high enough for casting runes. I'd dabble in Alchemy and Enchanting. I'd also be doing a lot of cooking, and I'd probably be home-brewing some mead in my quarters in the Hall of Attainment. As in life, my vast hoard of books would be the bane of everyone who has to live with me.

I'm musically inclined, and while I don't sing I would own a lute (to the delight or possibly the dismay of my fellow mages).

Morally speaking...to each their own, so long as they leave me in peace. I think the pursuit of knowledge is worth taking risks and possibly making a few sacrifices. Basically I live in a world of my own..."There's a war going on? Dragons attacking villages? Huh...good to know, I guess. Hey, can I borrow that Black Book when you're finished with it?"

Oh, and clothes...Hooded Black Mage Robes, Vampire Boots, and enchanted silver jewelry. So more or less everything I'm sitting here wearing now.

Irishman

Well-Endowed Member
I would love to start out life in a resonably sized city not heavily involved in the civil war (riften preferably or maybe falkreath) and get into the blacksmithing trade. I would train myself or make friends to help train eachother with a variety of physical weapons, armour and shields.

If I was in riften, I would try and supply the guild with very cheap weapons that Iv made after hours, to try and make a few 'low' friends. Im a firm believer in its not what you know, its who you know.

After finishing my trade, having friends in the guild and having a healthy knowledge of swordplay, I would leave town and either:

1- if I had the gift of magic I would go north to try out the college
Or
2- travel west towards whitrun to hone my skills as a warrior at jorvskarr

After some life experience I would strive to become a powerful vampire. Kill 1000 people for Molag Bal, become a lord of a stone mansion... maybe...

If not a vampire than id either become a travelling mercenary or perha9s join a side in the civil war. I try not to plan too much:D

Cain the Hunter

Being honest if I lived in skyrim I would probably be a farmer. Living out in the country with my family, my crops, and my animals. In my spare time I would make homemade mean and sell it. I would also hunt and fish a lot, since that is a hobby of mine irl. I would use the bow, and hunt game such as deer and rabbits. I would most likely live in the forests of falkreath, or on the lake outside of riften, spending my days working and fishing on the lake! I would also definetly make a trip into Riften on the weekends to get my drink on with my friends of course! And living in Riften I would despise the Thieves Guild for sure. I hate lazy people who don't work and get their money from others (not getting into politics here), but I would definetly support the people who oppose the thieves guild. Also, knowing my skills as a hunter and my love for farming irl, I would assume that I would be living a comfortable life as far as money goes! Plus with me making mead, and selling the furs from the game I kill as side jobs! And finally, I would hire someone to kill Maven Black Briar! :)

LotusEater

I brake for blue butterflies
If I woke up in Skyrim, I'd make a beeline for the Mage's College. No question.

Osiris

Child of the Sky
Adventurer, probably a warrior. IRL my fam and I are from Norway, so we are all pretty tall, pale and blond, look like Nords lol. Being an Adventurer seems so exiting, all the danger and freedom of the open road gives me a rush! :D

Lady Redpool the Unlifer

Pyro, Spirits Connoisseur, and Soulless Anarchist
Well.................
I'm smart as hell. this is not me being conceited, this is what people tell me on a regular basis, that I'm smart and lazy. Not real physically impressive. I have history as a thief IRL and I'm a damned good shot(with a bow as well as a rifle.) I'm also quite good at working with my hands so this leads me to believe.........
I'd probably end up with the DB. I'm good with a bow, would be able to grasp magic rather well and could work as a blacksmith or bowyer as my cover. Plus I kinda have this obsession with knives and swords and train with them constantly so it's an assassin's life for me! Maybe start in the thieves guild, but honestly I'd end up killing people for a living. Did I mention my moral compass is a little different?

Bulldog

Realistically I would try to be a Bard and woo all the women I could. Sadly, I more than likely I would end up a farmer, shop owner, or work at one of the ends.

For an adventurer part. I would have to say sneaky with a bow. Realistically I don't cherish the thought of running in, and having to fight 5 or 6 bandits. Honestly, because of my size I would be the guy in that is in heavy armor and a two hand sword. Would definitely have to head to the college and see if I could get the hang of magic.

No crypts and zombies for me IRL, ain't nobody got time for that!

PuuLoo

I will take part in epic battles with monsters and explore Nordic ruins a lot! And when i return to my home in Windhelm i will ea, rest and kiss my beautiful wife and then go to the inn and tell the epic stories i've taken part in throughout my adventures in Skyrim!

Bulldog

Keep telling the stories and you could possibly end up like Ragnar the Red, and Bards will sing stories about you

Clau

The Fateless One
Would probably be either a farm wench or a peasant. Am too lightweight and petite for combat or hard toils. But I did grow up in a country-side farm. When not in school, I would toil with vegetation from seeding to harvesting. Tend to the livestock from feeding to butchery. Ah! What memories of the farm life.

I can imagine myself out of Helgen, (Most likely won't survive it) settling in Riverwood, doing labor in exchange for food and clothing. A tale of a supposed dragonborn who would never realized that idle prophecy.

Finally, I would never venture into a Nord burial crypt. :eek: But alchemy sounds fun!

seeker23

Looking for the Snitch in Skyrim...
I like a simple happy life that's full of adventure (Can an adventurer have a simple life???:confused: ). So a farm would suit me. But I also like to be near a city. So I would probably choose Whiterun to live. OR say to hell with that and find a place at Solitude.

Yes and it is the Mage College that wins. No question. I am going to drain the knowledge out of that place. But I will not wear a robe. NO ROBES. NEVER ROBES. I need a suit. I will only wear a suit. Well now I need to find a tailor. Oh hell!!!

Daelon DuLac

Keep telling the stories and you could possibly end up like Ragnar the Red, and Bards will sing stories about you
Frankly, I would have liked to be there to see that head a rollin'. Maybe I could have donated all that red hair to charity.

Lord Aethok

I would most likely be a wealthy merchant, due to the fact that in real life I am pretty persuasive and am always trying to make money, I always strike deals too, so yeah, also, I'd probably be living in Riften and get my goods from bandits who smuggle the fine goods from Cyrodiil.​

jarif

I would most likely be a wealthy merchant, due to the fact that in real life I am pretty persuasive and am always trying to make money, I always strike deals too, so yeah, also, I'd probably be living in Riften and get my goods from bandits who smuggle the fine goods from Cyrodiil.​

What would you wear?

Daelon DuLac

What would you wear?
If it were me, gold embrodiered everything with a bunch of arm candy in diaphronous wraps and 1/2 a dozen armed guards in Daedric. :)