lack of unique heavy armor in game?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

pkkveel

Premium Member
I have a level 44 sneak/rouge type build that I have maxed out light armor and one handed as well as sneak and am looking to change it up. This build used the ancient shrouded armor until I found full set of death brand armor.
I have decided to switch to a board and sword build with heavy armor and work on my blocking and heavy armor to continue leveling up my character. I am disappointed with the lack of unique heavy armor sets so far. Without spending level up points on smithing and enchanting I feel very limited in what I will be able to do with heavy armor.
I may abandon heavy armor all together and focus on block/archery etc instead of progressing the heavy armor tree at all

I have the full set of Ahzidal's from Dragonborn DLC but as I have pretty much ignored magic so far and do not benefit from any of its perks.
I know it may be viewed as sheer laziness on my part in the game not being able to find a full set of unique armor
I am contemplating putting full enchantments from shrouded armor on the blades armor when/if I can get my enchanting high enough then improving with smithing as high as possible as well

I'll tell you though nothing better than going after tough opponent in full sneaky suit and one hit kill with Mehrune's Razor. A couple times since I have started this heavy armor project I have fast traveled to Whiterun to change load out and show them who the real boss is !

Anyway looking forward to your ssuggestions/thoughts on heavy armor sets in Skyrim. Maybe I am missing something
I have all DLC as well so if there is something in those I am missing feel free to point it out

itsLilBeastHD

Jason, Modder.
Download the Immersive Armors & Immersive Weapons mod by Hothtrooper44, other then that if you want vanilla armor's i would go for the stalhrim set since it has good stats and i think it looks pretty nice other then the helm.

pkkveel

Premium Member
should have mentioned I am on XBOX so not sure if above will work on consoles or not
Did check it out briefly and looks cool and also looks like PC only .............

itsLilBeastHD

Jason, Modder.
Yeah most modding is PC only unless you crack the xbox, so basically you're stuck with vanilla armor atm. Since thats the case i would do the dragonborn dlc and get the stalhrim armor.

AS88

Staff member
Take some Nordic Carved or Heavy Chitin back to Skyrim, and be unique! :p

pkkveel

Premium Member
thanks for tip on Ebony Mail will go give that a try
I all ready have various Ebony gear in my possession anyway so can make a complete set
one thing though every piece of ebony gear I find usually has some form of magic boost on it. If I'm wearing heavy armor I want stamina or health not magic ..............
other thought is to just go with a new build Orc (or Imperial still debating) with two hand (axe) and heavy armor
big green and ANGRY lots of skill points in two handed, heavy armor and speech. Little else

pkkveel

Premium Member
went with a do over on the week end
Orc ,two handed axe, and heavy armor only. Have only killed one thing without a 2 handed axe so far and thats because some cheater shouted at me and I dropped my axe. Quickly went into inventory and equipped sword and axe to finish him off then picked up my 2 handed axe
Managed to get to level 14 or so and purchase Proudspire manor in Solitude (25K for your first house what the !?!)
Love the play style but does take some adjustments, He does not sneak PERIOD ! Wades in and smashed/hacks things into paste! Only magic is from scrolls.
Have unlocked the decapitation and running critical in two handed tree and both are highly effective against most bad guys
Joined the Companions and have a full set of Wolf Armor and seems to be holding up OK for now

Beowin

With the new dlc you can change play style very fast - Dragon souls!

CTRL + Q to Enable/Disable GoPhoto.it

doc108

Nordic Carved is badass. When my current char is done with light that is what he will be donning. Or maybe Ebony.

Willow

I'm on Xbox and use heavy armor also, so I feel your pain when it comes to finding unique armor sets. Right now I'm using Stalhrim Armor (without the helmet) and I really like it. It looks cool and has great stats. What I decided to do was put interesting enchantments on my armor and weapons and think of unique sounding names for them. That way you can create your own unique armor without mods.