• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Loxoceles

I use Urag at the College of Winterhold to give me quests so that I can exercise the various follower mods. I have never had a problem with a glitched book quest until now. He has requested a copy of the "War of the First Council." Trouble is there was no quest marker for the location of the book.
Aha I thought, the book is Solestheim. This has happened before. So I travel to RavensNest and a look at the Map shows the book back in Skyrim near Hob's fall cave. ??? So I go back to Skyrim and turn the country side around the cave inside out since there is no quest marker again. NO BOOK
How do I get out of this hang up? I know there must be a console command to end that quest but I have spent NO time with the Creation Kit and am not versed in all the aspects of the console.
HELP

Toxius

Frost Wolf
  • If you find the book before activating the quest, you will be stuck with it. The quest will point to the chest, and the book won't be there, and can't be returned. Once this has happened, you will be stuck with any additional copies you pick up as well, even if you activate the quest before getting a second copy.
    • Pc22.png
      This bug is fixed by version 2.0.0 of the Unofficial Skyrim Patch.
    • Pc22.png
      Use player.drop "book ID" "quantity" to drop and retake the book to complete the quest.
  • If there is no quest marker pointing you to the book's location, the book may be located in The Katariah, in which case the book can not be reached until the quest Hail Sithis!begins.
  • The quest marker may point to the Thalmor Embassy instead of Shadowgreen Cavern, which is right next door. ?
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Fetch_me_that_Book!

Just an extract from a site, might be your problem.
Have you done "hail sithis!"

Chadonraz

In case you end up having to resort to console commands:

Console command to manually complete the quest: setstage MGR20 200

Putting 20 instead of 200 should complete the "Find the book" objective - but I don't think you can return the book without actually having it in your inventory.
The console command
player.additem 0001B272 1
will give you a copy of the book, but I have no idea if Urag will recognize it as the book he wants.

Loxoceles

Thank you both, Toxius an Chadonraz.
I discovered that the marker that appeared near Hobs Fall Cave is a mirage. When going to Solestheim and looking at a map in the Ravens Nest you get a false flag. If you step out of Ravens Nest into " you get a flag that tells you the book is in Frossel. A Reikling cave.
Recovered the book and all is well. Again thanks.

Loxoceles

Item learned, When arriving at Raven's Nest you are still in Skyrim. Going out the door puts you in Solestheim.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts