• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

DurableDiction

Paladin of the Old Order
I'm attempting to make a set of "knights" that each worship a different Divine and fight for their ideals. I'm trying to use each race (save orcs). I've decided that the Knight of Zenithar would be a Khajiit. Yes, I know that Zenithar isn't part of their pantheon, but it was honestly just process of elimination that paired the two. Now, I know that Zenithar is the God of work and commerce, and thus wealth. Khajiits fit this role quite well. However, I'm debating whether or not he should be a thief. I understand Zenithar's teachings tend to lean towards "honest labor" and thus thievery is usually out of the picture. But seeing as a Khajiit (this'll sound a bit racist) typically resorts to thievery for wealth, I'm wondering which should be more prominent, the racial stereotype, or the Divine following archetype.
I've proposed three solutions:
-Embrace that thievery (and speachcraft), at least to a Khajiit, is a suitable way of following Zenithar's spheres of wealth and commerce.
-Forget Khajiiti personality and strictly follow the "mno thieving" principle
-Meet in the middle, only thieving from those who earn their wealth illegitimately (Bandits, Black-briars, typical thieves, assassins)

And, to clarify, this is a roleplay type build. That's why I'm conflicted. It's not a typical "knight" either. More like a priest who is a bit more "active" in spreading his patrons influence.

Irishman

Well-Endowed Member
A priest that steals :eek: !?

No No that wont do at all!!

Perhaps your rolemodels should be the travelling Kajhiit caravaneers rather than those other sneaky cat people...

Unless of course your going for the Evil Priest build, in that case, stealing and assassinating are bothforms of work...;)

Just out of interest, what other races/devines have you paired up?

DurableDiction

Paladin of the Old Order
Perhaps the name of the build should be changed from "knight." He's not really a priest either. Just a rogue that follows Zenithar as his patron. The race/Divine pairs are mostly just what I would enjoy, not "which race would be a better worshipper of what divine. .Though here's what I've come up with:

Akatosh: Argonian. They appear the most draconic IMO. Orcish armor looks sweet on Argonians

Arkay: Dark Elf. Sort of an "Undead assassin," that is, he assassinates undead creatures an Daedra. Coupled with restoration and fire magic, he's even more deadly to them

Dibella: Breton. Illusionist. Uses her beauty and seductive charm to bend heretics to her will as well as entice lesser Daedra into fulfilling her purpose

Kynareth: Wood Elf. Ranger using Restoration magic to heal himself and his hound. Only kills what he needs and uses every bit of the kill. Doesn't like other hunters who only hunt for sport and just leave the remains unproperly disposed of

Mara: imperial. Lightly armored paladin who specializes in Restoration and rallying her comrades

Stendarr: Redguard. No armor, a shield, and Alteration magic

Talos: Nord wielding a set of stahlrim gear and ice spells (mostly cloaks)

Julianos: High Elf: wizard. Kinda cliche. But it works

MadHatter

Guy with a cool hat.
I like the idea, though for the Khajiit... Not all Khajiit are thieves and skooma dealers. Yes, the majority of the ones we run into have some kind of shadiness to them if not all Khajiit. You can be a shady Khajiiti "Knight of the Coin" so to speak without resorting to petty thievery. Yes to using stealth and guile but what of using it as a way to protect legitimate businesses, eliminate crooked, corrupt and underhanded thieves while making coin for yourself while you're at it?

AS88

Staff member
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Khajiit

Here's a great page for you to have a look at to give you more information on Khajiit. The problem with using a Khajiit for Zenithar, is that Khajiit have a different concept of ownership to most other races. If a Khajiit sees a hammer in a dusty corner, and a blacksmith isn't using it, it's up for grabs. That's an example of the way Khajiit consider things. Although this can make Khajiit discriminated against, you could also argue that they could be very generous for the same reason. Khajiit generally don't approve of members of their race existing solely for the collection of money, they think that in itself is dishonest. Zenithar isn't even a part of the Khajiiti pantheon. The Khajiit we see in Skyrim would generally be classed as outcasts for their obsession with riches. Of course there are wealthy Khajiit in Elsweyr, but it is considered a more valuable trait to be brave, or clever (which can often bring riches in its course).

Hope this helps, I really like the idea as a whole. :)

DurableDiction

Paladin of the Old Order
Yeah. I've read up ok a lot of lore about the Khajiit. I know Zenithar isn't part of their pantheon. The whole "what is not bring used is up for grabs" is an awkward, but understandable concept when you take into account the Khajiiti way of life.
That's what had me confused il about how to go about representing Zenithar's ideals. As I think more on it however, I'm leaning more towards the "Robin Hood" style of thieving. Only stealing from those who do not appreciate their belongings or acquired them from illegitimate methods.

If I see A few gold coins in Nazeem's end table, take them. Then use the money to buy food. This keeps the rich from hoarding their wealth and also keeps the cycle of trade and commerce flowing.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
Race doesn't mean anything in regards to religion. In the game Oblivion you come across different races worshiping the Nine Divines. An Orc even worships Stendarr. So don't let that stop you, because lore wise any race can worship any religion.

Being Khajiit doesn't mean you have to steal, there are many examples of honorable Khajiit who live a warrior life style.

When it comes to Zenithar his command is "Work hard, and you will be rewarded. Spend wisely, and you will be comfortable. Never steal, or you will be punished."

So to stay true, I wouldn't steal. But don't fall under the idea you have to steal to stay true to Khajiit, not all of them are like that. Khajiit warriors are legendary in their ability and tactics, enough to even be said that the Imperial Legions could learn from the Khajiit.