just want to ask for your advice on being an assasin

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

asparticus_maraudius

I am asparticus fear my wrath!!!!!!
okay I am on level 22 now my upgrades are amazing I have the dark sam fisher like outfit and I need to ask should I get more perks before I start an assassin stealth missions?
I just upgraded my lockpicking levels by one novice lockpick easier now should I get my speech impaired to become better work on upgrading my stealth perks and abilities and work on sneaking skill and lockpicking and theiving skills and pick pocketing skills and just rank up from there??? because to be an assassin I really need these perks really really badly.

Eva

If you're really wanting to be an assassin, the first and foremost perk I would level/put points into is Sneak. You get so many bonuses to being stealthy it's not even funny, not mention the dagger bonuses. My assassin has 100 Sneak and nearly I've filled the in the entire "constellation" (as you will) save for maybe one point for Sneak and I can pretty much kill anyone I want, anytime, with no penalty whatsoever as long as nobody sees me.

Perkless in Skyrim

Bad to the Dragonbone.
If you're really wanting to be an assassin, the first and foremost perk I would level/put points into is Sneak. You get so many bonuses to being stealthy it's not even funny, not mention the dagger bonuses. My assassin has 100 Sneak and nearly I've filled the in the entire "constellation" (as you will) save for maybe one point for Sneak and I can pretty much kill anyone I want, anytime, with no penalty whatsoever as long as nobody sees me.

Agreed. Sneak is where it's at for stealthy types. You should invest in the Assassin's Blade perk and possibly as far as Muffled Movement up the other branch unless you have your heart set on being a Shadow Warrior. Light Foot is useful but unnecessary if you watch where you're stepping and if you use magic you can be silent without wasting a perk. I've survived without Silent Roll and Shadow Warrior was fun for awhile but also not really necessary.

Nathalean

Professional Vampire Ninja
An assassin can work with different things. You can either build a dagger, bow, poison, caster assassin or a random combination of these.

I suggest you look into the Assassin's Blade perk from Sneak + the Dark Brotherhood Gloves/Handwraps. This should give you a solid 30x backstab bonus with daggers.

The Quiet Casting perk can really do the trick for mages + Illusion contains Muffle and Invisibilty spells.

Steady Hand & Eagle Eye make for a long-range sniper.

But never forget Alchemy because it can create poisons which do over 1000 damage.

Nightmare Shadow

Master of Shadow
If you want to be a true assassin, then sneak is your best friend. The sheer damage an assassin build is able to produce is staggering. When out and about in skyrim, just crouch down (have thief stone activated) and it will level up pretty quick. I'd suggest going for the assassin blade perk as soon as possible (gives you 15x damage with daggers when you do a sneak attack).

asparticus_maraudius

also next question how do I poison food??? do I just walk up to food and poison it how is it done?and how do I poison targets pockets???with the perk of poison?

Teritus

Giving it to you straight since 1869
You might want to mix a bit of illusion as well in this build; then again that's entirely optional.

Sps Drake

Cieciro has all the advice you need. "Stab stab stab stab stab! And then, Stab stab stab stab stab!"
But seriously, get a muffle enchantment and sneak.

asparticus_maraudius

yes I use the sneak upgrade and I am also using lockpicking upgrades as well and trying to get stealth upgrades for my bows and also alchemy in which I am trying to do alot I think to be an assassin is to have the night theif perks and be really good targeting a target at night and becoming invisible I want that magic spell soon enough I want to be invisible ghost and unseen and taking people down as a shadow warrior but I dont have those skills yet I need to gain them.my level is 23 no where near high enough yet for a higher perk like that I need to keep on playing a while and a long time.

asparticus_maraudius

I just stick to the shadows upgrade my perks and keep on increasing my sneak skills.I am also going to try and become a night theif and a pick pocketer I will gain all those skills over time it will take a long time like I said many weeks.

asparticus_maraudius

now I have completed 50 quests and 2 contracts.

Quanah

Bosmer Shadowscale
yes I use the sneak upgrade and I am also using lockpicking upgrades as well and trying to get stealth upgrades for my bows and also alchemy in which I am trying to do alot I think to be an assassin is to have the night theif perks and be really good targeting a target at night and becoming invisible I want that magic spell soon enough I want to be invisible ghost and unseen and taking people down as a shadow warrior but I dont have those skills yet I need to gain them.my level is 23 no where near high enough yet for a higher perk like that I need to keep on playing a while and a long time.

If you finish the main thieves' guild quest, the Goddess Nocturnal can grant you the agent of stealth and two other agents, but the agent of stealth grants you the power to turn invisible once a day for 160 seconds.

Ironclad

1000 hit points of kill?! Is there anything I've yet to find in Skyrim that actually has that sort of health, one that isn't an aware of you end-of-level boss type?
I'm pretty chuffed with my X16 mehrunes kill atm

slyphsoldier

ok so honestly im realy good with the stealth and if youre gonna do it right start over make a dark elf level up archery onehanded sneak pickpocketing smithing and speech then do the fark brotherhood and thieves guild and if you really wanna do good level up heavy armor and then you can get the ebony mail armour which added to the nightingale hood,boots,gloves you look like a beast oh and the blade of woe is the best dagger in the game

Quanah

Bosmer Shadowscale
If you're starting out get the thief stone located near Riverwood to help you out.

Quanah

Bosmer Shadowscale
Also the Dunmer are not the best Elves for stealth, for that the Bosmer are the best Elven race in the overall art of stealth judging from the starting skill bonuses. The southern regions like Valenwood, Elsweyr, and Black Marsh cultivate the best assassins in all of Tamriel.

Norminator

Definitely focus a bit on sneaking. I crouched *all the time* with one of my characters. Going from riverwood to whiterun? sneak all the way, shoot enemies you encounter on the way. (wolves should howl before you they see you = easy targets)
Attacking a fort? find a high ground and sneak/shoot everyone without ever getting spotted, then go inside. This will level up your sneak and archery quickly, and with the right perks you'll soon become very deadly. There's a perk for a silent fast forward roll while sneaking, excellent for getting out of the way when enemies start looking for you.
I think I crouched 80% of the time in the beginning of this character, up until I reached 100 sneak.