• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Slow Rider

I'm level 69 and have logged a ridiculous number of hours on Skyrim. Gave up fast travel a long time ago and have crisscrossed the map countless times in search of new quests. I gave up looking for new locations weeks ago. But I was walking around last night, one-shotting bears and whatnot, and cast a casual glance at the compass. To my surprise, there was a black undiscovered logo of a house there! How did I miss this? I felt like a kid in a candy store. There is no better feeling than finding a new place.

Ran to see what it was, and I am embarrassed to say it was Anise's Cabin, right next to Helgen where I started. Amazing. How the hell did I miss this? (slaps forehead) Almost missed her moss-covered cellar too, although there was not much in there.

(There are still 3 Stones of Barenziah I can't find, so I guess my exploring is not over... but I can't imagine I'll find a new place like I did yesterday)

Anyway, that's my story of personal triumph. I'm sure you are all uplifted and inspired by it. :D

Necromis

yeah I didn't know it was there for the longest time. Though when you are heading up to riverwood it does show up on the compass. I actually use it for the home base of two of my characters.

Necromis

no quests that I am aware of but she is evil and you won't earn any bounties by killing her. Actually if you break into her cellar you will find a letter that makes it clear why she should be killed.

Slow Rider

Yeah, real life was calling, so I saved it as I was still in her cellar. Googled her this morning and I see she is going to attempt to put the smackdown on me when I exit the cellar. Poor old lady, I have a feeling she should probably have gotten to me before I got to level 69. Gonna have to give her the pimp hand with my battleaxe when I play tonight and leave the cellar.

Streets

The Gentleman Owl
After you kill her I believe her sister sends the 3 standard "hired thugs" after you as well.

I am uplifted and inspired, Slow Rider. I have probably put around 300 hours into the game, and restarted countless characters (roughly 20), and I doubt I've come close to exploring every location on the map. I should re-up my longest running character and go on a google streetviews Skyrim adventure!

Have you found all the unmarked locations with just random or silly things? Like the frozen mammoth, the mourning giant, the sabrecat skeleton attacking a human skeleton in a craggy pass, etc. I don't know of a complete list of all the "unmarked" locations though.

Rakmon

Have you found all the unmarked locations with just random or silly things? Like the frozen mammoth, the mourning giant, the sabrecat skeleton attacking a human skeleton in a craggy pass, etc. I don't know of a complete list of all the "unmarked" locations though.

Oh God, that mourning Giant in Eastmarch. Forgot about him. He was the first thing I found in Skyrim that surprised me genuinely. I was also a bit depressed, watching him just stare at his dead Mammoth like that...
I love Eastmarches' Geyser pit. Favorite area of the overworld.
I also like the Chill quite a bit. It's so fun fighting about a dozen Frost Atronachs at the same time, with nobody but a Dremora Valknyaz, a bound battleaxe, and your trusty Incinerate spell.

My favorite is the three goats and a dead troll under the bridge south of Markarth

Slow Rider

After you kill her I believe her sister sends the 3 standard "hired thugs" after you as well.

I am uplifted and inspired, Slow Rider. I have probably put around 300 hours into the game, and restarted countless characters (roughly 20), and I doubt I've come close to exploring every location on the map. I should re-up my longest running character and go on a google streetviews Skyrim adventure!

Ironically, I just ran across the frozen mammoth a few days ago also. At this point, I am basically travelling in all the void spaces in my map to try to find something new. I have run across (and killed him for his toes) the mourning giant a few times. But I have definitely not seen two skeletons having at each other. Interesting... thanks! Now I have more to look forward to. If I could just find those last Stones of Barenziah... I know there's a list, but I don't want to cheat, plus I doubt I could remember where I picked up all of the ones I do have.

Slow Rider

Just wait until you find The Cave of Bunnies. :p

I assumed you were joking about that in your other post. There really is a Cave of Bunnies? I see no references to it anywhere. Although that is probably just a name you assigned it. Was there really a cave with bunnies and did it have a map marker associated with it?

Necromis

It is a sprigin cave, but sprigins thrall animals to attack even though bunnies and foxes can't actually attack you.

Ironclad

I assumed you were joking about that in your other post. There really is a Cave of Bunnies? I see no references to it anywhere. Although that is probably just a name you assigned it. Was there really a cave with bunnies and did it have a map marker associated with it?

100% actual real fact.
Anyone who mentions spriggans rule the Cave of Bunnies doesn't understand.. the bunnies rule over them. They are Skyrims silent overlords. Which is also a fact. Maybe.

Necromis

Yeah but if you let Dagmar hear you are attacking bunnies she will come down on you like no other wrath. She is the protector of bunnies.

100% actual real fact. . They are Skyrims silent overlords. Which is also a fact. Maybe.

As Hitchiker's Guide makes clear: white mice rule the galaxy. Since they are not in appearance in Skyrim, the bunnies must be acting as their proxies.

Neriad13

Premium Member
I just found the Talos shrine overlooking Windhelm for the very first time today. It's an area I thought I knew well, but somehow I'd never noticed it before. I was walking by, looked up on a spur of the moment and went "The heck...there's a statue up there? Oh, that thing has got to be climbable."

I then reached the top of the cliff, admired the view, left an offering at the shrine and then happily threw myself over the cliff's edge several times before moving on.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts