• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

SaveVsBedWet

Uhm, I think mods are a fine contribution, but they shouldn't be a necessity. That's what I think. And sorry if I sounds harsh, but I'm just too sober to be a fanboy.

So don't take it all that serious, really..

Not taking anything about a game seriously. If anyone here is, it would be you with this steadfast determination to holler "Skyrim sucks" as if you're paid by commission for it, lol.

You must have missed the part where I made it clear that mods were not necessary. They aren't. All that is "necessary" is the official patching, and that's merely for stability purposes. The modding is there because Bethesda respects and appreciates its customer base and the desire to make the game even more than it was at baseline.

Your view is similar to one saying Linux, Android, or other open source sucks because it "depends" on the community it serves to "finish" it or "do it right". And I couldn't be any more sure of that as a serious opinion than I can with yours here about TES, so...

Your issue with modding doesn't appear to carry back to Morrowind however, which you claim is your favorite TES game and that's funny, because Morrowind is where the modding community and the Construction Set really jumped on the map. You're hard to figure.

chizzbot

I'm kinda wondering why someone who said they are done with Skyrim keeps posting in a Skyrim forum. It's like breaking up with someone and then repeatedly contacting them to tell them why you broke up. ;)

That said, If you were level 65 and couldn't take down a bear, then you did not hone your skills. On both of my playthroughs, when I found myself "unbalanced" as I leveled up, I would just spend some time Smithing, Enchanting and mixing potions. I would grab a shield and go beat a bear to death with it. Let a mudcrab hack away at you to level your armor skill. you can do these things while travelling. I sometimes spend in-game days just wandering and exploring. I found the only staff I use by chance in a random dungeon with no significant plot associated with it. I never thought I'd use a staff, I'm a sword & board / archery type. But I love using the Staff of Storm Wall on large groups of draugr & forsworn.

Raijin

A Mage that loves a Templar
Frustrations and Skyrim seems to be a happily married couple.

Here are my list of frustrations in Skyrim.

No background information (With an exception of Serana) on any of the followers, and that includes housecarls.

Funeral for kodlak but not for Arch-Mage Savos Aren? I ain’t buying it!

No consequences! I can join the ranks of the Imperial legion and then go off and kill my boss without repercussions.

The civil war was short and boring and so was the mainquest.

I can't tell Delphine to fluff off when she starts getting bossy with me, and demands that I kill a dragon for his past history.

No epilogue after defeating Alduin. I was fully anticipating to have Ulfric/Elisif ( if the civil was completed first If not then Balgruuf) to host up a celebration party after my return to Skyrim from Sovngarde.

No peaceful way out of ending the civil war. I manage to snag up the dossier of Ufric from the Thalmor, but I can't show the document to Ulfric in a way of persuasion to end the civil war, and that goes for Tullius too.

No control over my followers.

You only have 10 mins of being a werewolf before you involuntary change back whereas if you're a vampire lord you can change back at any given time. This is the primary reason why I do not like playing as a werewolf, not without mods to change the the settings.

You can't join the ranks of the Thalmor as a Thalmor supporter.

uh what else? Oh and you can roam around castle dour and the kings of the palace without being ask to leave (if you're neither).

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts