Is your character good or evil?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

My character is a High Elf warrior who used to work for the Thalmor, as a prison warden. He was set to be executed after he set loose an elderly Dunmer woman who he felt sympathy for. He fled execution by running to Skyrim, where he discovered his destiny.

However, he is still conflicted about his role with the Thalmor. Despite joining the Legion, which he believes is the right thing to do, he still has flashbacks to the horrible atrocities he committed, and all of the people that he tortured. He struggles with his past and the present, and has a hard time differentiating between now and then. Sometimes he will lose control over himself and kill the innocent.

For example, after ambushing a Stormcloak Courier in Nightgate Inn, he lost control over himself when the guests and innkeeper called for help and tried to hurt him. He ended up killing them all brutally and ransacking the entire place.

Just a little story I wanted to share. But it leads to the question, is your character 'good' or 'evil?' Most of the time, as is the case with mine, they're a mixture. Tell stories, please. :)

ThriceHeart

Last Hunter of Toru-Manawa
My main character Navartis is an unbalanced mix of Good and Bad that depends on the current situation that he is confronted with. An example of this is when he stumbled upon a heavily fought battle between a hopelessly outnumbered Stormcloak battalion against a Forsworn war party.

Given that he is a loyal member of the Imperial Legion it had conflicted with his political and personal beliefs on whether to defend his kinsmen from being butchered or to leave them to the fate. But being that he could not stand to see his fellow kinsmen being butchered he was overcome by an insatiable blood-lust which made him charge forth into the fray, cutting down Reachman by the dozen. But in doing so he had destroyed the last surviving Stormcloaks as well.

Clau

The Fateless One
Only Mana and Pussy (See sig) are righteous. The rest of my characters have done much atrocities through Daedra worship, slaying the innocent and favoring the wicked.

I've been learning to RP characters who see the world only in black and white. Most of the time my characters are gray in their perspective of the world. It is hard to resist the temptation out of the Daedric artifacts.

Thorn

In the Hist we trust
My wood elf usually goes on the strait arrow path;), but my Dunmer is alot like Raistlin from Dragonlance, only cares about himself and his power

Saozig

Hippy
My characters tend to be shades of grey with a very enlightened sense of justice.

My current character is a Dunmer with a live-and-let-live attitude, but she's becoming increasingly bothered by how Dunmer are treated in Skyrim, especially as she is seeing Skyrim as her home now, having made several friends, purchased Breezehome, is building Lakeside Manor and is engaged to another Dunmer (Revyn Sadri in Windhelm). She just beat that racist Rolff Stone-Fist to the ground in a brawl in the Gray Quarter tonight, and it felt really good. She may be beginning to give thought to joining the Imperials in the hope of making the lives of the Dunmer in Skyrim better, even though she has little concern for the Imperials' expressed goals.

I also have a Redguard mage.

He chased after his younger sister who had been kidnapped by a group of bandits on the border of Hammerfell, where he lived with his family. He lost her when he was captured entering Skyrim, however.

He later found out that bandits had sold her to Stormcloaks, by labeling her as an Imperial girl sent to assassinate Ulfric Stormcloak. He stormed a fort, where he found her dead body, tortured to death. He has developed an intense hatred of Stormcloaks, and joined the Imperials, despite his cultural tension with them, and killed Ulfric Stormcloak.

But he was still driven into madness, and has turned to the darker side of life; The Dark Brotherhood, Vampirism, Necromancy... His Hammerfell life is something he never plans on returning to. He has devoted too much to his newfound life of evil and killing in Skyrim.

Lycan Supremacy

Freelancer of Tamriel
I wouldn't label my character good. More inclined to help someone is the way I put it. Though his orphaned upbringing has soured his attitude towards others. Particularly those of his own race. He is an Orc warrior/archer.

Urzek

My character was once a great paladin in another country. He fled from his country when his friends gave up the fight and betrayed him. Now he wanders around skyrim to help it survive and to cleanse it from its evil ways.

My character's goal is to eradicate all dragons, destroy vampires, werewolves, draugrs, necromancers and the undead. Collect all the dragon priest mask to safeguard it from evil intentions. Also to collect daedra equipment, also to safeguard it from evil people.

So yeah, im a goody paladin.

My main character skaar has saved nirm from and helped people and been a hero but he has also killed people as a member of the dark brother hood is requierd to do and killed more innocents because he was bored or some dedric princes required it.
katin my khajiit is definetly evil as he is dark brother hood and theves guild.
vensar she is definantley good.

Tilse

Spellsword
I don't think either of my characters are really one way or the other...
They pretty much follow what they feel in their heart, whether it's "right" or "wrong".
Though with my main character, Tilse, I basically just wanted to explore everything, so she's (in the process) of joining every guild. Even though she joined the Dark Brotherhood, she did join the Imperial side...I guess in a sense redeeming herself, though no one is aware of what she has done. Not gonna say anymore just in case that's considered a spoiler.

As for Aumsi, my concept for her is a "typical Nord". Right now she's in the Companions, but later on I will have her join the Stormcloaks, as well as the Dark Brotherhood. She'll also likely be in the Thieves Guild. I think of her as a "headstrong" character, but she doesn't really do the whole "justice" thing, she just goes with her gut basically. She also steals all the time, more than Tilse does.

So I guess depending on your interpretation, they are both in the "gray" area.

KritikalPT

I wouldn't consider my Orc as a good person, given the random killing sprees he usually ends up doing. He just loves fighting, that's all. Be it Imperial, Stormcloak, Thalmor, a random guard, dragon, animal or monster, it doesn't matter; whatever moves is considered a target, or as he likes to call them, "fun practice".
I can only imagine the grin on his face once he found out he could swing his weapon faster with a shout, or send people flying.
Just don't expect him to solve problems with diplomacy; if his axe can't handle the problem, then, in his mind, nothing can, and he'll start swinging until it's solved.

Wildroses

My characters tend to all be goody two shoes because I have a strange character flaw in that I suffer terrible pangs of guilt when I am forced to be mean to pixel people.

I never finished half the Daedric quests. Lure a preist here to eat? Bring an old man back here to kill? Sacrifice a follower? NO! I was a little shocked, to be honest. My experience with games is not wide, and Skyrim was the first one I'd ever played which was actively encouraging me to be evil instead of marching me in the rigid good kind heroic hero path. I couldn't even bring myself to do the Dark Brotherhood and Thieves Guild for months after I bought the game, and my god was the Dark Brotherhood questline a traumatic experience. I was pretty upset at killing those pathetic, terrified beggars while they begged me for mercy in my first round of contracts. I learnt to sneak attack fast. I couldn't bring myself to play for four days. Listening to Maro's touching farewells to his father and wife made me feel ashamed at what I was about to do. I'd rather not discuss how I felt when I got to the climax of the questline, and faced my final victim. I haven't got time to buy another box of tissues.

My characters are always going to be good. They may have different reasons, but they are all good and not evil. I just don't have fun when I'm being mean in video games. I'm not sure why. I don't think I'm especially kind and caring in real life.

The_Madgod

LordLlamahat
I have a whole plethora, some good, some evil, some gray. Some don't feel themselves to be any of those categories. Here are the major ones.

1. Conquers-His-Foes, my argonian. An ageless vampire, born during the Thrassian Plague years ago. He learnt from a young age that the only person to be trusted is yourself. He has done nearly every questline, but is loyal to none. He's killed Paarthunax, he's saved the world, he's murdered the emperor, he's killed General Tullius. He chose to side with the Stormcloaks in order to cause chaos across Skyrim, resulting in less policing while the Stormcloaks try and gather their limited resources for a fight with the Thalmor. Joined the Volikhar for their immense power, rules the coven with an iron fist. Most of the Companions have been sacrificed as his followers while he escapes some ruin or another. He no longer visits the Thieves Guild due to his massive fortune. Overall, he is extremely selfish, doing whatever he can to further his own agenda, some things good, most things bad.
  2. Velid Anahill, my bosmer. Velid is a real good guy paladin. He's an imperial legate, as he felt that it was his duty to help the other races of Skyrim escape from nordic oppression. He also joined the dawnguard, doing whatever he can to help out the people of Skyrim. He does not feel any prejudice against werewolves, and is a member of the circle himself. Always helps people in a bind. The only daedric princes he will ever help are Meridia and Azura, as he considers all the others evil. Has not completed the main quest, or even truly recognized his destiny as Dovahkiin. Sometimes gets carried away, causing the deaths of criminals who could instead simply be jailed. He tends to avoid killing if possible. Likes to wear the clothes of his dead enemies.
  3. Relvyna Drenelith, a dunmer. Relvyna is my only true mage character. She does not specialize in any one field of magic, instead trying to master all of them. She cares not for others, seeing them only as tools for furthering her career. She is exiled from the College of Winterhold for practices that are frowned upon, and is in the process of seeking out the Dark Brotherhood in order to take her revenge on Savos Aren and Mirabelle Irvine. So far has done nothing good, really.
  4. Arag Gro-Uruk, an orc (obviously). Arag Gro-Uruk is essentially the same as Kritikal's character, but kills innocents less. Follows the Code of Malacath to the letter and wields Volendrung against all those who have wronged him. Only steals in order to make up for crimes committed against him or his honor by people who he can't bludgeon to death.
  5. Selia Anika, my insane Redguard. She is an independent assassin and thief, raiding homes and murdering all the occupants, including children (mods! :D). She has destroyed the Dark Brotherhood, feeling that they were infringing on her business. Has gained quite a bit of money from inheritance, as she enjoys murdering friends of hers. I guess I'd call her evil, but she is oh-so polite!

Rekamennos

Account closed
I have a whole plethora, some good, some evil, some gray. Some don't feel themselves to be any of those categories. Here are the major ones.

1. Conquers-His-Foes, my argonian. An ageless vampire, born during the Thrassian Plague years ago. He learnt from a young age that the only person to be trusted is yourself. He has done nearly every questline, but is loyal to none. He's killed Paarthunax, he's saved the world, he's murdered the emperor, he's killed General Tullius. He chose to side with the Stormcloaks in order to cause chaos across Skyrim, resulting in less policing while the Stormcloaks try and gather their limited resources for a fight with the Thalmor. Joined the Volikhar for their immense power, rules the coven with an iron fist. Most of the Companions have been sacrificed as his followers while he escapes some ruin or another. He no longer visits the Thieves Guild due to his massive fortune. Overall, he is extremely selfish, doing whatever he can to further his own agenda, some things good, most things bad.
  2. Velid Anahill, my bosmer. Velid is a real good guy paladin. He's an imperial legate, as he felt that it was his duty to help the other races of Skyrim escape from nordic oppression. He also joined the dawnguard, doing whatever he can to help out the people of Skyrim. He does not feel any prejudice against werewolves, and is a member of the circle himself. Always helps people in a bind. The only daedric princes he will ever help are Meridia and Azura, as he considers all the others evil. Has not completed the main quest, or even truly recognized his destiny as Dovahkiin. Sometimes gets carried away, causing the deaths of criminals who could instead simply be jailed. He tends to avoid killing if possible. Likes to wear the clothes of his dead enemies.
  3. Relvyna Drenelith, a dunmer. Relvyna is my only true mage character. She does not specialize in any one field of magic, instead trying to master all of them. She cares not for others, seeing them only as tools for furthering her career. She is exiled from the College of Winterhold for practices that are frowned upon, and is in the process of seeking out the Dark Brotherhood in order to take her revenge on Savos Aren and Mirabelle Irvine. So far has done nothing good, really.
  4. Arag Gro-Uruk, an orc (obviously). Arag Gro-Uruk is essentially the same as Kritikal's character, but kills innocents less. Follows the Code of Malacath to the letter and wields Volendrung against all those who have wronged him. Only steals in order to make up for crimes committed against him or his honor by people who he can't bludgeon to death.
  5. Selia Anika, my insane Redguard. She is an independent assassin and thief, raiding homes and murdering all the occupants, including children (mods! :D). She has destroyed the Dark Brotherhood, feeling that they were infringing on her business. Has gained quite a bit of money from inheritance, as she enjoys murdering friends of hers. I guess I'd call her evil, but she is oh-so polite!

Selia is crazy.

Rekamennos

Account closed
I have a few characters, though I deleted them all after having to do so for the new DLC. -_- Made me mad, because I was level 81 and fully completed on my own no glitch help from the oghma infinium and it was a terrible day to see it go....

I don't feel like being lengthy like conquers, but here's a bit...

1) Vilvenus Venom--> Dark Elf, half good half evil, last when I used her/him they were level 30. If they were in Oblivion, would have been an acrobat/assassin, but in Skyrim they are just focused on assassin perks. Employed under Dark Brotherhood. Long backstory that takes forever. Birthplace is Shivering Isles.

2) Leilani Mundatke --> Nord, Level 81, legionnaire, werewolf queen, basically all around amazingness, female, used to live in Elsweyr and so much more. She is my prized character. She doesn't have a specific skill I made her very versatile.

3) Danacia Mundatke --> Nord, Level 45, Warrior, Leilani's sister, werewolf princess, simple life lover, married and has kids. Lives close to Riverwood. Not much to say about her she's a traditional Nord and represents the Stormcloaks.

4) Suleen Sharlian --> Current character in the making, Redguard Warrior, low level super embarrassing. :p She is gonna be the best one yet!

and I have more... but meh

Ritterkreuz

I've played several Dragonborn, my current is a Nord who seems to be neither, I simply go with the choices that will lead to the most quests. I try to be noble when possible, but ultimately this Dragonborn seems very much to be in a grey area.

My previous Argonian took the high road and I played him as a good character. It felt good, but it really limited what I could do with him. For example, the Dark Brotherhood quests where all out of the question.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts