Is this a viable way to play?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Random guard

Hello, I'm new here and I have been struggling on how to decide to play. When I played MMOs, I kept several characters; and what I love about Skyrim is that I can go from a barbarian to a mage simply by changing my weapons. I want to keep one character but that one character should be able to do most things.

As with my current character who is lvl 32 now; he frequently jumps between an assassin type, to an archer, then to a light weight skirmisher (light armor, with shield and a weapon/spell) then to a armor plated Juggernaut with a 2 handed weapon.

His talents/perks are scattered all over the place, some in archery, conjuring, lockpicking, stealth, heavy armor, both melee weapon types and blacksmithing (I wanted to give smithing a try, but I can't be bothered to look for veins)

I like to be able to adapt for situations; but would it be better for me to have multiple characters that excel in their own fields?

Also, I like the weapons you can get from conjuration (think it's called "bound sword" and such) mainly because they are weapons that can be made out of thin air; thus less things to carry and you're always armed. But how do they much up to their non magical counterparts in terms of damage?

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
If you build and play your character that way your going to outlevel your ability to deliver and resist damage and will have a hard time surviving leveled encounters.

Bound weapons, especially the melee ones are ultimately inferior to actual weapons because they cannot be tempered to improve their damage and the damage bonus for Bound weapons from the Mystic Binding perk is not comparable to the damage bonus you can get from tempering weapons.

Random guard

Thank you for the help. My character did die quite a few times; but he was very efficient with heavy armor and a two hander. I will divide up what I'll want my character(s) to do and make characters accordingly.