Is there any particular reasons for why Tamerialic races have not intermingled?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

ThriceHeart

Last Hunter of Toru-Manawa
As the title states. This topic may seem strange or even controversial but it is a question that I have yet to see. Is there any reasons for why this is?

How do you know they haven't? Look at the racial skills, I believe Imperial is a cross breed between the Human, and Meric races, while Bretons are Man/mer hybrids in the lore. Also, if you'll compare Redguards in Skyrim with them in all the other games, they now have Magical skills, which I'm guessing they learned from the Bretons since the Oblivion Crisis. (Too bad the Bretons couldn't pic up some 1 handed at the same time.) I'll assume you mean interbreeding, since every single game has them intermingled in the cities. Even the bandit camps generally have a mix of Nords, and other races.

Adam Warlock

I don`t know what you mean.
There are a number of mixed couples in Skyrim .

Most notably Rustleif and Seren in Dawnstar who are expecting a child.

Overcoming prejudice is something even our own "enlightened" modern society continues to deal with , so why not Tamriel ?

Shadow King

Grand master of the Order of Talos.
men and mer can reproduce together. argonians and khajiit are both infertile with men and mer races. orc no one knows about them but they used to be elves supposidly so its possible they could be fertile with men and mer races.

Stigweard Ruadhan

Jeg er stolt. Jeg er sterk.
I'm just trying to imagine a Khajiit/Argonian crossover...

It would look like someone had glued some fluff onto a gecko.

You can do that with Console Codes. `showracemenu` Then, make your Khajiit, and before you finish, and name him, `player.setrace argonianrace` Stay in the menues so you can use the sliders to blend some of the clipping features together. I did an Orc/Khajiit hybrid once to make it look as monsterous as possible.
6E29D8C2AD689F7A4F2AAC64CC2CF386CD77BBFE

E4F0C0A50E30D49E137EA255341F28A63C2BA1A4

I find it useful for combining one race's starting skills with the resistance, and daily power of another, though usually I go Altmer for running speed, and Magicka. This one would start with the Argo's skillset, but get Nighteye. I mispoke earlier, if your start out Khajiit, then switch to any other race, you wind up with their teeth in front of it's nose.

Stigweard Ruadhan

Jeg er stolt. Jeg er sterk.
You can do that with Console Codes. `showracemenu` Then, make your Khajiit, and before you finish, and name him, `player.setrace argonianrace` Stay in the menues so you can use the sliders to blend some of the clipping features together. I did an Orc/Khajiit hybrid once to make it look as monsterous as possible.

Alright, Dr. Frankenstein...back away from the scalpel!

iZsoul

I'm just trying to imagine a Khajiit/Argonian crossover...

It would look like someone had glued some fluff onto a gecko.

It doesn't work like that , the mother's race is the dominant one so there can't be any crossovers ( Maybe just slight features )

Hildolfr

It's a big hammer.
I would think that the beast races aren't able to interbreed with each other and with the men/mer. Then again, I would have thought mer and men were incompatible, but they're clearly not (see Bretons).

Adam Warlock

I don`t know what you mean.
There are a number of mixed couples in Skyrim .

Most notably Rustleif and Seren in Dawnstar who are expecting a child.

Overcoming prejudice is something even our own "enlightened" modern society continues to deal with , so why not Tamriel ?
I have been role playing a bi-racial "Great War foundling" character .

Altmer by racial ability , his broad facial features and extremely stocky body strongly hint that one of his parents was a Nord , but he knows nothing about them.
A Nord at heart , he worships Talos and opposes the Thalmor.
Married to Ysolda , he has adopted a Nord girl and a Redguard boy.

ThriceHeart

Last Hunter of Toru-Manawa
I can see now that my question has confused some people so I will rephrase to what I was trying to get at.
Basically as some of you stated with the union of different races whichever they maybe be that put aside past rivalries, prejudice and discrimination. An example of this could be this story:Skyrim:Last Scabbard of Akrash - UESPWiki

People are people, some are trusting/worthy, some are not. While it's true that some races (nords, Altmer) tend to be more racist than others, there's plenty of examples of intermingling in this very thread. For instance, Irileth is the trusted, and loyal Housecarl of Jarl Balgruuf the greater, and so forth. I think if every one just got along, it would be a lot less interesting game. this kind of play thrives on conflict, whether open war, or more subtle intrigues like Daggerfall. One of the easiest ways to explain this is racial tention, especially in a world populated by ten vastly different peoples (not to mention the Non Playable Characters, like the Falmer.)

Moris

While interracial marriages and relationships are not the norm in Skyrim, they aren't all that uncommon either. I've found a few. There may be more.

Married couples in Skyrim include:

Sosia Tremilia (Imperial) and Skaggi Scar-Face (Nord) in Markarth
Bolli (Nord) and Nivenor (Bosmer) in Riften
Addvild (Nord) and Leonara Arius (Imperial) in Riften
Sayma (Redguard) and Beirand (Nord) in Solitude
Adrianne Avenicci (Imperial) and Ulfberth War-Bear (Nord) in Whiterun
Michel Lylvieve (Breton) and Azzada (Redguard) in Dragonbridge
Rustleif (Nord) and Seren (Redguard) in Dawnstar
Indara Caerellia (Imperial) and Mathies (Nord) in Falkreath

Non-married couples:

Ahtar (Redguard) and Jala (Nord) - not married but cohabit in Solitude
Vekel the Man (Nord) and Tonilia (Redguard) non-married couple in Riften
Aerin (Imperial) and Mjoll the Lioness (Nord) in Riften

Potential couples:

Fastred (Nord) and Bassianus Axius (Nord with an Imperial name -- not sure if that's intentional or just a mistake in UESPWiki) in Ivarstead
Faendal (Bosmer) and Camilla Valerius (Imperial) in Riverwood

According to Carlotta Valentia (Imperial), every male in Whiterun seems to want her

And when it comes to potential sexual relations, you can imagine Haelga (Nord) with just about any one else in Riften

Excellent list. he only disagreement I have is with:
Aerin (Imperial) and Mjoll the Lioness (Nord) in Riften
If there was any potential there, it would have happened all ready. He's her Ducky, has an unrequited crush, and annoys the hell out of her to show it. To Mjoll, he's "Just a friend" despite allegedly dragging her half dead out of a Dwemer Ruin, apparently in the same room as a Steam Centurion. Face it dude,
Not
Gonna
Happen.
Not to mention the fact the the Dragonborn, regardless of race can marry various Wo/men, and mer throughout the region, though there's no beasties that are eligible.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts