Is there a way to calculate Damage output of a weapon?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

TGW

Usually when I play an RPG, it's a simple formula of STR + Base Dam of weapon + any Enhancements.

Does anyone know exactly what gets added together in order to figure out the total damage output of a weapon?
For example, I have a Legendary Elven Bow that I made myself and am using glass arrows (dam 18). The only enchantment I have on the bow right now is Soul Trap but I'm considering making a Glass Bow, improving it and then enchanting with Frost Damage.

If there is any kind of a formula for figuring this out, it'd be super helpful so many thanks to anyone that can help. :)

TGW

I'd just like to add this question to the above: Does the dam rating of the bow itself get added to the arrow's dam rating? So, Lengendary Elven bow 49 iirc + glass arrow 18 = a minimum of 67 per shot?

Drazker

Son of Sithis
I'm not sure about the exact formula, but I can provide a list of potential factors.

-Respective weapon's skill-type's level ( This is the only one I am unsure of )
-Weapon's base damage
-Enchantments
-Skill perks relevant to the weapon

Anyways, trying googling it if you haven't already.

And yes, I do believe the arrows are additive to the bow's damage. However, I don't believe enchantments have any effect on them. And if you read the perk Overdraw's description, it's unlikely that affects the arrow's damage, either.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
Credit given where credit is due. This comes from the awesome player testers that contribute to the UESP Skyrim Wiki and the UESP Skyrim Wiki article on Weapons:

UESP Skyrim Wiki said:
Weapon damage forumula:
displayed damage = (base damage + smithing increase) * (1 + 0.5 * skill/100) * (1 + perk effects) * (1 + item effects)
Perk Effects = .2 * Barbarian/Armsman/Overdraw rank level

Damage =
((Right Hand displayed Damage * (1 + Power Attack Bonus) * (1 + Dual Power Attack Bonus) * (1 + Power Attack Perk) * (1 + Dual Power Attack perk)) * Dual Power Attack Mod)
+ ((Left Hand displayed Damage * (1 + Power Attack Bonus) * (1 + Dual Power Attack Bonus) * (1 + Power Attack Perk) * (1 + Dual Power Attack perk)) * Dual Power Attack Mod)

Power Attack Bonus = 1 if power attacking
Dual Power Attack Bonus = 0.125 if power attacking with dual weapons
Power Attack Perk = 0.25 if power attacking and you have Savage Strike or Devastating Blow
Dual Power Attack Perk = 0.5 if power attacking with two weapons and you have Dual Savagery
Dual Power Attack Mod is 2/3 for the right and 1/3 for the left hand

Note on Dual Savagery, you don't have to be power attacking with both weapons. Single power attacks get this bonus as long as there is a weapon in both hands.
And yes the damage of archery attacks is the sum of the bow damage and the arrow damage.

TGW

Wow! Based on that, my Glass Mace (Legendary) is doing over 400 damage! Sounds like a lot at least... :p

Thank you for sharing that. :)

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts