Is skyrim still fun without the new DLC?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Zippinboltz

Are any of the new DLC game changing? Are they absolutely required? I'm poor and can't really afford them these days. Will mods be able to cover up my losses?

Punz

Dark Lord of Skyrim
Of course it is. The DLCs add more content and, I imagine, more fun to the game. I play on PS3 and I still enjoy the game without the DLCs, although I yearn for Dawnguard...

Volanere

Grand Magister
Yeah I loved skyrim before all the dlcs

Tilse

Spellsword
I don't have ANY of the DLC, since I'm pretty much in the same situation as you. Skyrim is still enjoyable to me, even more so now that I have a new character, and am thinking about creating a third one.

Lady Imp

Rabid Wolverine
It's still a lot of fun. Use your imagination. Create a backstory for your character! That's what makes the game fun for me. :) Plus, Skyrim is HUUUUUGE there's TONS to explore, even without questing. And you can always make yourself a blacksmith enchanter and see what kind of weird stuff you can enchant weapons with. I like doing that. :)

Daedra'Mc'Bitch

Well, having just purchased Dragonborn, I can say that even without visiting Solstheim, or taking any part in the new content whatsoever, the game is still fun.

I just started a new build a couple of days ago that has no relation to either of the DLCs, and I'm having a great time.

On the other hand, I made a vampire slayer type build when Dawnguard came out, and the build was revolved entirely around the crossbow. In that case, I was dependent on the DLC for the build to even exist, and thus have fun with it.

When you find you have some cash in your pocket, and have a build in mind for one of the DLCs, that's when you should consider buying one or both.

Moonwort

I was losing interest in Skyrim and the Dragonborn DLC got me totally freakin hooked again. It's having new places to explore that did it. Dawnguard was fun and I enjoyed that, but exploring Solstheim is like my new fix.

Soloquendi

Pastor of Muppets
Hearthfire and Dawnguard aren't that great. There are a lot of mods out there that are better. Tytanis for one. Now I hear that Dragonborn actually adds new territory. That to me is a real expansion.

Hopefully it will be available for PC after the New Year.

JClarke1953

Are any of the new DLC game changing? Are they absolutely required? I'm poor and can't really afford them these days. Will mods be able to cover up my losses?

I hear the DLC adds a lot of stuff, places we can't access. Thing is, I've read about the many problem's it is causing, all kinds of glitches and bug's. a lot of crashes, stuff like that.

So, 8'm enjoying Skyrim as it is. Thing had enough bug's without adding more. I love this game, I do not like how it was allowed in the market. There are numerous problem's just in Skyrim alone without the DLC. I'm not putting any more $$$ in Bethesda's direction. They can't/won't fix the problem's now, and many are month's old.

So, what I'm doing is trying different routes to get ALL of the Shout's. so far, with three char's, I get stopped at Arcwind Point. So I'm on my 4th doing a whole different tactic to see. If not, I'll make another ya know? Wtheck, right?

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts