Is oblivion that good of a game compared to skyrim?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

stertyy

Is oblivion good compared to skyrim? im asking this because i want it on my pc, not on a disc of course because i dont want the disc to become unreadable after just playing the damn game, like with my skyrim disc to xbox.

chelz0r

Yes, it's not worse, put it that way. There's less eye candy, but still loads of things to do and factions to join. The map is about the same size as skyrim.

VolenKiller

The Idealist
It's is a head load of fun, and for every small thing you do every one knows it and recognizes you for it. Th egame of the yea edition is even MORE fun. And the questlines are short aren't for nothing. They take a wlittle while and they're fun. I mean look at arena and compare it to Skyrim. they add less and lesss things every game

Xiomn

The quests are actually fun and memorable, especially the thieves guild and dark brotherhood, i still remember the last thieves guild quest and several of the dark brotherhood quests for example the ship and adamus philida or whatever his name was with the finger.

Monolith

The Progeny of Vikings
Oblivion definitely had its moments. If modded properly, I'd say it comes very close to Skyrim. There's even a mod that makes the leveling system much better. Though Skyrim looks prettier, has a better leveling system, better combat and arguably more content, Oblivion shines in many areas: for instance the soundtrack, overall mood and ambience, and many of the quests were really memorable. Oblivion felt more challenging, too. Plus the Imperial City was really and truly staggering in size, much grander than any city found in Skyrim, even if its inhabitants did keep spouting the same inane nonsense in the vein of "I just saw a mudcrab the other day".. "ahem ,yes!". Hehe, that reminds me of a moment in Oblivion that almost made me choke with laughter: the innkeeper of Luther Broad's Boarding House (at least I think that was the place) in the Imperial City was talking to his servant. The dialogue went like this: (luther): "Whenever I have guests who visit the Imperial City overnight, I direct them to the King and Queen Tavern". (servant): "that's the only sensible thing to do, really". =DD I guess Mr. Broad didn't want any customers!

Anyways, one could also argue the land of Oblivion was more diverse than Skyrim, with subtropical swamps, temperate forests, rolling hill-lands, grassy highlands and snowy mountains, not to mention the hellish dimensions of Oblivion. Skyrim on the other hand has a million varieties and degrees of cold, but it's rather limited thematically. Whether that's a good thing or bad thing depends on your preferences.

Lee

Rasta-For-I
I got a really good deal the other day. I bought a pre-owned copy of Oblvion, got it home and it wouldn't play. I inspected the disc and it was evident why. I took it back to the shop and was told that the copy I bought was the only one they had in store. However, they have another branch in my town and after a quick phone call the other branch reserved a cop they had. I got to the other store and was well pleased to find that the copy they had was the game of the year addition at no extra cost. Get in!

Anyway, the reason I was buying Oblivion is because I'd played it in the past, long before Skyrim came out and couldn't really get into it. However, after playing Skyrim, I decided to revisit Oblvion. I'm enjoying it so far, but feel that the menus are clunky and not very intuitive (maybe when i've played more I'll get used to them better) and also the combat feels a bit lightweight compared to Skyrim. One adavantage over Skyrim is being able to use the right bumper for magic therefore being able to use it whilst having a weapon equipped.

So far, so good though.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts