Is milk-drinking really negative?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Nocte Aeterna

Sir Not-Appearing-in-This-Film
Put it this way: If you drink milk, you'll end up with strong bones, reminiscent of an actual Nord.

In contrast, if you drink your weight in mead everyday, you'll end up with a shriveled liver.

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
Put it this way: If you drink milk, you'll end up with strong bones, reminiscent of an actual Nord.

In contrast, if you drink your weight in mead everyday, you'll end up with a shriveled liver.
Actually Nords probably drink very little milk and get most of their calcium from cheese. As there is no refrigeration, unless you drink it directly from the cow or soon after it's collected, you probably wouldn't have it at all. I do notice that there is an awful lot of cheese around!

Mead's good for you! It has honey, grain, fruit...

Actually Nords probably drink very little milk and get most of their calcium from cheese. As there is no refrigeration, unless you drink it directly from the cow or soon after it's collected, you probably wouldn't have it at all. I do notice that there is an awful lot of cheese around!

Mead's good for you! It has honey, grain, fruit...

Not saying they do, but hypothetically they could (and some survivalists and bushmen still do) would make storage areas raised off the ground which would preserve food a lot longer, keeping it out of the sun and away from animals, it's a cold climate already, there's no need for a fridge. Even in the less snowy parts of the land, the ground is probably still frost to a certain depth.
Through the documentary and book "Alone in the wilderness" I learned some people would even make underground "refrigerators".
http://www.empowernetwork.com/Benstarner1/blog/dick-proenneke-survivalist-extraordinaire/

"Their are a few things I find compelling about his story, one of which is that he built most of what he needed to survive himself, from off the land he lived upon. He built his cabin, he made wooden bowls and utensils and even constructed an underground “refrigerator” that kept his food cold even during the heat of summer."

Also, I can't remember for SURE if this is exactly what the loading screen said. But there was something about how the skyrim's cow is the most abundant animal in skyrim, which provides food, fur, and I could had swore I read milk too, but may have not have.

Kory Stukenborg

Proud Member of the Mercer County Facial Hair Club
I assume the nords are reffering to mother's milk. I mean milk in terms is super healthy. I am a teen bodybuilder and I drink craploads of milk. At least half gallon a day.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
Also, I can't remember for SURE if this is exactly what the loading screen said. But there was something about how the skyrim's cow is the most abundant animal in skyrim, which provides food, fur, and I could had swore I read milk too, but may have not have.
Moo....mooooo...

SR-load-The_cow.jpg

Moo? :confused:

Nighthiker77

Not saying they do, but hypothetically they could (and some survivalists and bushmen still do) would make storage areas raised off the ground which would preserve food a lot longer, keeping it out of the sun and away from animals, it's a cold climate already, there's no need for a fridge. Even in the less snowy parts of the land, the ground is probably still frost to a certain depth.
Through the documentary and book "Alone in the wilderness" I learned some people would even make underground "refrigerators".
http://www.empowernetwork.com/Benstarner1/blog/dick-proenneke-survivalist-extraordinaire/

"Their are a few things I find compelling about his story, one of which is that he built most of what he needed to survive himself, from off the land he lived upon. He built his cabin, he made wooden bowls and utensils and even constructed an underground “refrigerator” that kept his food cold even during the heat of summer."

I have some dvds of the footage he took in Alaska. Absolutely amazing. There are a few clips from it on YouTube. I would highly recommend them. I didn't know he did some books. I'll have to check that out.

I have some dvds of the footage he took in Alaska. Absolutely amazing. There are a few clips from it on YouTube. I would highly recommend them. I didn't know he did some books. I'll have to check that out.

Yeah man, I got all the DVD's, the footage is awesome but you can only fit so much in a few hours of film, he had journals he wrote in for years which was edited and published, with his permission of course. There is a couple books, one he was kind of urked about because the editor was voicing things as though it was his train of thought almost speaking for him, the one I got was actually right from his journals from the man himself, a long read but a good one. ;)

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts