Is it creepy for a guy to playa female character in skyrim?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
I have always played male, but i just made my first female character. I havent gotten far, but is it creepy to do that? I wont give her really skimpy armor or anything.

Scarheart

"Eternity isn't forever."
I have always played male, but i just made my first female character. I havent gotten far, but is it creepy to do that? I wont give her really skimpy armor or anything.

Only if you're extremely insecure.

M'aiqaelF

Male, 32 years old, Denver area, CO
I don't see how that would be creepy.....

Varra

It's a game. We play games to have fun. If making a girl character is what chu want, go for it. Nothing wrong with it. I've made guy characters before (and in MMOs too, fun to get on the mic and say "Hi guys" with my little girly voice XD)

And no offense to any of the guys out there, but girl clothing/armor is just often more appealing. The way it's designed often just curves and shows the body off while complementing it. Male clothes/armor can do this too but we most often see it for females (even though we wonder how their bodies are protected when most of it is bear.) I love giving my chicks (and guys) 'skimpy' clothes.

It's a game and games are meant to be enjoyed, and a single player game? No reason to even be concerned. If you took her to Role Play with other people- I don't see why not. Just like writing a story about a different gender, but often we are not the main characters in our own stories anyway.

Mercutio

Assistant Regional Manager
I like playing as a female in skyrim because the armor is sooooo much cooler I dunno why

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
Not any more creepy than a male author writing a female character. I suppose it would have to do with motivation, but I like playing female characters occassionally. Especially for us guys, it makes our RP a little more challenging.

snapzit

I am playing a male character, and he's as smooth as silk, quiet as an owl. He's good looking, talented at archery and fine, fine, fine. I'm perfectly comfortable playing the opposite gender, and I get to stretch my imagination with how a male would tackle a quest rather than how I would do it as a female.

Go for it. Stretch your mind.

Sean

lost somewhere
I haven't done it in Skyrim, but I have in a game like Saints Row because there are different voice actors, and a few different lines of dialogue.

So, it is always nice to switch things up a bit, so go ahead.

Raijin

A Mage that loves a Templar
The only issue that I have when I play as a female dovahkin is the way she walks. She looks as if she's walking on the catwalk. Fortunately you can download a masculine walk animation mod for your female characters, plus you can fix the feminine arm posture. Mods can fix a lot of problems.

Daelon DuLac

The only issue that I have when I play as a female dovahkin is the way she walks. She looks as if she's walking on the catwalk. Fortunately you can download a masculine walk animation mod for your female characters, plus you can fix the feminine arm posture. Mods can fix a lot of problems.
While I don't want my girls to move like guys, I wholeheartedly agree with you on the catwalk thing. Ysolda, sure - my Companion warrior, no.

Lightningfalcon

Seems khajit...
Well, mmo players at my high school like a year ago thought men who play females do so to jack off to them.

I remember someone at my college who played an orc female saying if i'm going to be staring at an ass for hours, it may as well be a female one.

While i don't think any of this myself, i do find it a bit weird but its not for me to judge.

Raijin

A Mage that loves a Templar
While I don't want my girls to move like guys, I wholeheartedly agree with you on the catwalk thing. Ysolda, sure - my Companion warrior, no.

Female Dragonborns shouldn't look like skinny skimpy barbie dolls. They're suppose to look like warriors. Realistically if a woman swings a sword all day fighting bandits, wild animals, and so on they will develop muscular feature on their arms, and abdominal area.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374181684.821027.jpg

Just take a look at my first female Nord, Sekhmet. She was once a warrior now a full time Mage. She still maintains her feature through vigorous of physical activities.

Daelon DuLac

Female Dragonborns shouldn't look like skinny skimpy barbie dolls. They're suppose to look like warriors. Realistically if a woman swings a sword all day fighting bandits, wild animals, and so on they will develop muscular feature on their arms, and abdominal area.

View attachment 6841

Just take a look at my first female Nord, Sekhmet. She was once a warrior now a full time Mage. She still maintains her feature through vigorous of physical activities.
While I agree with you, I don't think these girls are realistic. They are still females and would not develop musculature like this. Some of our female body builders may have this type of physique, but, from the ones that I know, they do note a lack of flexibility. A woman can certainly be strong, but, inherently, she would not develop such bulky muscles. Besides, in an RPG, why would yo want your female characters to be simply a man with makeup and long hair? I think they got it right with builds like Lydia & Mjol. Bulky enough to make it clear that they are warriors, but still, obviously women.

jarif

View attachment 6841

While I agree with you, I don't think these girls are realistic. They are still females and would not develop musculature like this. Some of our female body builders may have this type of physique, but, from the ones that I know, they do note a lack of flexibility. A woman can certainly be strong, but, inherently, she would not develop such bulky muscles. Besides, in an RPG, why would yo want your female characters to be simply a man with makeup and long hair? I think they got it right with builds like Lydia & Mjol. Bulky enough to make it clear that they are warriors, but still, obviously women.

it was supposed to be funny

Daelon DuLac

View attachment 6841

it was supposed to be funny
It was! It was! Sorry. I thought you were being serious. Those would be some scary ladies though, eh?

I'm really from a different time zone than most of you , In all my years of gaming I always roll the Male , and have never never created a Female . That being said some of my grandson's bout half the time go with the female character 's . To them they think it's no big deal so I feel it's a What generation did you come out of type thing. I feel ok with all that , but for me it's a no brainer , Always the Masculine type.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts