• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

dbukalski

was having discussion where I mentioned stacking potions and gear to make really powerful weapons. Someone derided me for using fortify restoration potions. Which at the time went over my head. I had no idea what he was talking about. I have recently learned about the fortify restoration exploit. But I am curios whether people consider this....

Craft a set of Fortify Alchemy GEAR at 25% boost.(use grand soul gem )
Craft several POTIONS of Fortify Enchanting at 30% boost.
Craft a new set of Fortify Alchemy GEAR at 28% boost using potions. Time passes while using the arcane enchanter so move quickly.
Craft several POTIONS of Fortify Enchanting at 32% boost using the new set of gear.
Craft a final set of Fortify Alchemy GEAR at 29% boost with the aid of the potions.
The final set of gear will not improve the results of a Fortify Enchanting potion but will improve the results of other potions. Additional potions can be brewed to improve enchantments of all types. One common application is to enchant a set of Fortify Smithing gear and combine it with a maximum strength Fortify Smithing potion to improve weapons and armor

cheating. Thougts?

Tactikul

Hardcore Button Masher
In my opinion this is using the mechanics of the game to make the best armor possible. I say more power to the people who sat down and worked out all the +crafting potions/gear to maximize stats. Of course, the game is not at all balanced and this can suck the fun out of "challenges" posed to the player. Maximizing the stats on a piece of armor cannot be considered cheating. If anything, the blame falls to Bethesda for making the game so unbalanced that it becomes to easy, even within the normal parameters of the game.

Couthful

Tamriel Adventurer
Since you are only following game mechanics which were not properly tested for balance concerns this is not cheating at all. Speaking from experience it will ruin your game if you prefer not to one hit everything, even some dragons. Of course you can apply all 3 crafting skills in moderation to avoid this.

ItsBenniBlack

Mehti Oba
just as a self challenge i limit myself in the game so that even if i am powerful i am not on a godly level so that the experience is way more fun. plus im on xbox 360 and so far i havent been in a situation where the balance is way off but probably by level 50 it might ill just have to see for myself.

Bytebrain

I did what you did, only not quite as high level potions, and the game was ruined after that for me...
Playing as a sneak assassin, everything died instantly after one or two hits.
I was level 44.
I had to start a new character, not just because of the exploits with enchants and potions, also because the sneak/dual wield perks is way overpowered in Skyrim. Not fun at all when you're all but invisible to bandits, even standing right on front of them in broad daylight.
Bethesda really should have worked harder on the balance of this game...

Started over with a sword and board char. with some restrictions on myself, and the game is much more fun now.

That being said, what you're doing is not a cheat, but an exploit, and a game ruining exploit..

I didnt go through all of the above as I didnt want to be too overpowered

I enchanted a set of gear with fortify smithig (every piece possible and a ring and amulet)
Used that set to make a new set of deadric and deadric war axe.......Im mighty powerful but not TOO powerful

Couthful

Tamriel Adventurer
A restriction of mine at times has been to only use dropped gear, don't buy it or make it. This makes you weaker and the game more challenging since very few unique items are dual enchanted. It also adds another layer of treasure hunting to get the best of the "naturally" appearing gear.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts