OOC Into The Dark Out Of Character Chat

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Dabiene Caristiana

Your friendly neighborhood weirdo
    Time for me to post. But first... I'm getting a nice cup of tea. I just had a panic attack and broke down when I saw a huge daddy long leg house spider. Dad flushed it. It's official. That was my first panic attack and my first classification of having arachnophobia. The fact that it was in MY room, MY DOMAIN scares the crap out of me. Maybe I should keep my room at about 55 like my dad does. Maybe none of those devil things will wander in my room then... Meanwhile... I'm going to try and calm down.

Simus

An Excellent Site Member
    I'm so sorry that happened to you Dabs. Do you want Lilumae to try and help?

And this mat be inappropriate, but what were your symptoms? Before I posted Alice's panic attack I wikipedia'd panic attacks and the article seemed solid so I took that as sufficient research. It was interesting to read that panic attacks are most common in late teenage girls with above average intelligence. A demographic Alice, and you it seems, fit in perfectly.

My own scientific curiosity aside, you're gonna be okay. Spiders are big and scary. I'm scared of spiders. You had every reason to be terrified of one in your room. There's no need to feel ashamed hon (heh, Dabiene quote). It's over now. You're all right.

*hugs*

Madrar

The Shadow in the Dark.
    Hey, I didn't know you were an arachnaphobe! Me too! And I, apparently, look like a serial killer. So, if a big scary guy like me (though I'm not that big, only like 5'7-5'8", and about 125 lbs) can be scared of spiders...I lost my train of thought. Point is, I bought myself an electric fly clap. Whenever I see one, I fry that mother. Or just crush it with anything heavy that happens to be nearby.

Simus

An Excellent Site Member
    And then feast upon it's blood?

And you're Canadian aren't you Madrar? 'Cause I thought I heard you say once that you lived in the UK and Germany for awhile.

Dabiene Caristiana

As blown as my ego is (it's pretty much deflated right now), I'm pretty down at how a spider, the body the size of half a dime, and the whole leg length of a small softball could scare me. Just having it sit there staring at me on my room door was just... Too much.

At first the demon with freaky legs crawled across the floor. The movement caught my eye from my laptop and I freaked out, understandably. One something catches someone by surprise it usually startles them.

However, its freaky movements were creeping me out. It started to climb all over my backpack and tuck itself under the shoulder strap, hugging the backpack. MOCKING ME.

I got dad, much to his chagrin (Dads and their whole being macho saying, "Just kill it"), and he took it, supposedly crushed it between a toilet paper tube and some toilet paper. Then he threw it in the trash. He went to bed. I went back in my room, and five minutes later I felt a draw to look at my door. AND THERE HE WAS. Same little 8 freakishly legged demon on my door. MOCKING ME. "Neener neener! You can't get me!"

First I felt surprise, then anger (obviously), then all that vanished and then I... Well, froze. In the end, no matter how much I repeated my long held phrase that I held dear, "Only thing to fear is fear itself" over and over again, it wouldn't work. After banging on the wall (Dad's room is close to mine) and after starting to break down in tears (yes, TEARS, which never happened when in fear in about... Over a decade. Shocking. I have cried in pain yes, but in fear, no. Let alone scream in hysterics, which I also did) Dad finally came in and wondered what all the noise was about. I pointed to the fiend and just said, "It's right there.."

I couldn't move, couldn't say anything, just continued to shake and cry. Right embarrassing. After he got it and flushed it, he checked the trash can and concluded the thing must have fallen out of the tube. And I thought, if he fell out of the tube...

He was in my room the whole time. He could have crawled onto my foot, on my leg, etc.

Dad was astounded because I have never reacted in such a way before to an insect. I have never seen a daddy long leg that big before. And the fact it wasn't really dead... Well. Also when I was in my child years (5-10 or 11, take your pick) I would pick up the critters and play around with them without a care in the world.

I can handle snakes (I love snakes, beautiful things, their scales..) I've owned mice, lizards, turtles, dogs, cats. I've had a frog. (who died under the carpet after his grand escape. Stupid frog.) So the only thing I have in common with other stereotype woman who is afraid of seemingly everything, is spiders.

Yup. Might as well embrace it. If someone tried to entertain the thought of pranking me by putting a spider on me, I'd tell them I could be very... VENGEFUL.

So, that's my embarrassing story. Like it or not. Wonderful. Now to have enough strength to move downstairs to get some calming tea... Moral of the story, keep a nice pretty fly swatter in my room... Heheheheheh....

Madrar

The Shadow in the Dark.
    And then feast upon it's blood?

And you're Canadian aren't you Madrar? 'Cause I thought I heard you say once that you lived in the UK and Germany for awhile.

Yep, Canadian. Born in Cambridge, London, and my grandmother is german, so I spent pretty much every summer vacation there.

And Dabs, yeah, I used to have the same knee-jerk reaction. I think I was a kid, when my granddad was like, okay. It's okay to be afraid. But it's more afraid of you than you are of it. And if you feel you have to, just take something, and kill the bastard. Even if it scares you, you're still bigger and tougher. Spider bodies DO NOT hold up well against hard objects. Or soft objects, if you hit it right. They still creep the hell outta me, but I'm not catatonic or anything around them.

Simus

An Excellent Site Member
    As blown as my ego is (it's pretty much deflated right now), I'm pretty down at how a spider, the body the size of half a dime, and the whole leg length of a small softball could scare me. Just having it sit there staring at me on my room door was just... Too much.

At first the demon with freaky legs crawled across the floor. The movement caught my eye from my laptop and I freaked out, understandably. One something catches someone by surprise it usually startles them.

However, its freaky movements were creeping me out. It started to climb all over my backpack and tuck itself under the shoulder strap, hugging the backpack. MOCKING ME.

I got dad, much to his chagrin (Dads and their whole being macho saying, "Just kill it"), and he took it, supposedly crushed it between a toilet paper tube and some toilet paper. Then he threw it in the trash. He went to bed. I went back in my room, and five minutes later I felt a draw to look at my door. AND THERE HE WAS. Same little 8 freakishly legged demon on my door. MOCKING ME. "Neener neener! You can't get me!"

First I felt surprise, then anger (obviously), then all that vanished and then I... Well, froze. In the end, no matter how much I repeated my long held phrase that I held dear, "Only thing to fear is fear itself" over and over again, it wouldn't work. After banging on the wall (Dad's room is close to mine) and after starting to break down in tears (yes, TEARS, which never happened when in fear in about... Over a decade. Shocking. I have cried in pain yes, but in fear, no. Let alone scream in hysterics, which I also did) Dad finally came in and wondered what all the noise was about. I pointed to the fiend and just said, "It's right there.."

I couldn't move, couldn't say anything, just continued to shake and cry. Right embarrassing. After he got it and flushed it, he checked the trash can and concluded the thing must have fallen out of the tube. And I thought, if he fell out of the tube...

He was in my room the whole time. He could have crawled onto my foot, on my leg, etc.

Dad was astounded because I have never reacted in such a way before to an insect. I have never seen a daddy long leg that big before. And the fact it wasn't really dead... Well. Also when I was in my child years (5-10 or 11, take your pick) I would pick up the critters and play around with them without a care in the world.

I can handle snakes (I love snakes, beautiful things, their scales..) I've owned mice, lizards, turtles, dogs, cats. I've had a frog. (who died under the carpet after his grand escape. Stupid frog.) So the only thing I have in common with other stereotype woman who is afraid of seemingly everything, is spiders.

Yup. Might as well embrace it. If someone tried to entertain the thought of pranking me by putting a spider on me, I'd tell them I could be very... VENGEFUL.

So, that's my embarrassing story. Like it or not. Wonderful. Now to have enough strength to move downstairs to get some calming tea... Moral of the story, keep a nice pretty fly swatter in my room... Heheheheheh....

Did your dad at least give you a hug after all that?

Dabiene Caristiana

Nope. He had the look to show him concerned but... It's not as if he could anyway, I was huddled up at the farthest corner on my bed, far from the door. It's not like I could move or anything.

fellowknight

The Devil In The Details
    kill-a-spider1.jpg
    kill-a-spider2.jpg

Sorry, I had to post this.

I actually one time was going to school, back in elementary, and saw a spider and a roach run out from under the couch and start fighting! It was hilarious.......up until I sprayed both their asses with bugspray.

But in all seriousness, I'm terrified of spiders as well. I think I mainly got it from an...incident, in my childhood.

Bastard fell from the ceiling fan...on my head....and just sat there...

....while I was screaming.......like a....

ANNNYYYWAYYYSSS, gonna post another tomorrow (IC) and trying to get some rack now. See you guys tomorrow.

Simus

An Excellent Site Member
    For some reason I have this terrible fear if wild mushrooms. They sometimes sprout in our yard after a heavy rain. And when I say sprout I mean they go for nothing at all to a freakin' cocktail umbrella in a day. Three days and they're as talk as a coke bottle with a cap as big as a paper bowel. I kid you not. I remember when my mom and I examined a few after a rainstorm and she noticed I was keeping well away from them. She saw I was scare and called me a 10 year old girl. I was not about to touch this strange, possibly dangerous fungus in my yard. So what does she do? She throws one at me! A huge one, the size of a dinner bowel and I mud you not I JUMP AWAY AND YELP. Now I'm about as tall as Madrar and about 80 pounds heavier with a generous beer keg so I'm not small. And here I am jumping away from this mushroom. I 'very handled some pretty gross thing with my hands before. Raw meat, preserved brains, hearts, eyes, fetal pigs, even a preserved cat and I found it all exhilarating. This mushroom? Terrifying. I decided to examine one myself while out on a walk and it took enormous courage just to touch it. So if you ever want to really scare me, find a big wild mushroom and throw it at me or pit it in my chair. I will not be amused however. I have a very broad sense of humor but I cannot do giant mushrooms.

Mighty Pecan Pie

The secret American

Damn :sadface:

Good thing your dad atleast got him out. You don't have to be embarrassed.. I told you about my encounter with that spider in the bathroom right? I understand your fear. A while back I saw one too, in my room. That makes things way worse.. couldn't sleep normally for a few days, because I felt crawly all the time.

Kinda wished I was there to help you.. In the worst case, we would be scared together ;)

Simus

An Excellent Site Member
    Yeah, me too Dabs. He could have at least stayed with you until you were less curled up in a terrified ball. I certainly would have!

Dabiene Caristiana

Glad I'm not alone in my shared fear ;)

I had my tea, but after all that I'm completely drained. And I have a pounding headache. Delightful.

Mighty Pecan Pie

The secret American
    Glad I'm not alone in my shared fear ;)

I had my tea, but after all that I'm completely drained. And I have a pounding headache. Delightful.

This is the internet, you're never alone with something :)

Dabiene Caristiana

Also fellow, I would give rep but I have to give it to other people first -_- ugh. But that did make me laugh! Thanks! :)

T. Rakinson

A Brute among Beasts
    *Writes down for future Blackmailing*

I'm sorry to hear about your panic attack. Those things are terrible, especially when they're real (anybody had night terrors? Not fun). I hate spiders, not in a fearful way, but their cobwebs feel so sticky & weird... never had a fear of the actual arachnid, they just turn out to be more of a nuisance to get rid of due to my pacifist beliefs (IRL).

Mushrooms, eh? I dont mind them unless they are VISIBLY spewing out spores. My main phobia are eyeballs, I shat my pants watching that AOS episode a while back.

Simus

An Excellent Site Member
    I've been reading about night terrors too. Just yesterday in fact. Two of my friends have experienced both disorders I'm currently researching. How wonderfully unlikely is that?!

Mental disorders fascinate me you see, ever since I fought and won against depression. All the ways our fragile psyches can be harmed or broken and all the ways we learn to treat, heal or cope with them are fascinating. Absolutely fascinating.

Simus

An Excellent Site Member
    I've been reading about night terrors too. Just yesterday in fact. Two of my friends have experienced both disorders I'm currently researching. How wonderfully unlikely is that?!

Into The Dark Out Of Character Chat

Simus

An Excellent Site Member

Dabiene Caristiana

I've always been fascinated with the mind. How it works, why it works. Why it works a certain way for certain people. Amazing.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts