Interracial affairs (let's keep this clean ladies and gentlemen).

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Gore gro-Gijakudob

This is actually a lore question as Skyrim is really my first foray into the Elder Scrolls in an in-depth way. I am surprised there are no mixed races out there. I can understand that a Kajiit and an Argonian would not be able to breed but an orc and a human seems very plausible. A dark elf and a wood elf even more so. Is there any official standpoint on mixed races in Skyrim? Was there ever any Half-Orcs in the earlier titles for example. Would be very interested to know.

treasurehunter

Lol.... Whut?
lol I know what you're talking about. I've often considered what would happen if a Khajiit went off and married a Dark Elf. I try to keep myself from thinking things that I don't want to be thinking about, so I just think about what you'd call them.
Khadmer.
Argmer.
Nordonian.
Khord.
... I'm going to stop now.

Gore gro-Gijakudob

lol I know what you're talking about. I've often considered what would happen if a Khajiit went off and married a Dark Elf. I try to keep myself from thinking things that I don't want to be thinking about, so I just think about what you'd call them.
Khadmer.
Argmer.
Nordonian.
Khord.
... I'm going to stop now.

From some of the books you can read it is certainly true that the different races can marry and indeed have sex (Hey, if you are a consenting lizard who am I to stop you) but I wondered if any mixed races could actually have offspring. Argonians are not mammals so I guess not for them, Kajiit is pushing it but the other races are generally humanoid based on physiology. Half-Orcs are prevalent in many other fantasy worlds (My character being an Orc this interests me the most) but not in Skyrim. This is either for cultural or physiological reasons, that's really what I want to know, I'm sure somebody must have an official source on this.

treasurehunter

Lol.... Whut?
Well, if you think about basic biology and such and such, it would depend on which gene would be more prominent in the offspring of the child. You could have a half-orc that looks like an orc, but still have the mentalities of an elf. The High elves are selective about their breeding based solely on their offspring's outcome.
I know reptiles and amphibians (not sure which one the Argonian would be) lay eggs, so I have no idea how a cross breed could happen unless you an elf coming out of an egg.
Some would argue the father would show more dominent features in their male offspring while the females would resemble their mother. So it could be that a Khajiit married to a dark elf could have two children, one looking like a cat person and the other running around as an elf.

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!
It's a fantasy game. In my eyes, anything can happen. Even a cat and lizard boinking and making a kid.

Gehenna

Dazed & Confused
There's a book in both Oblivion and Skyrim that explain this, "Racial Phylogeny." It basically states that the child of such a union would be born the same race as the mother. I guess it ends up being similar to how Bioware decided that elf+human always equals human. Personally I like the idea of half races more.

And there are some interracial marriages in the game. The couple that live in the farmhouse near where Cicero's wagon breaks down comes to mind (wife is a high elf and the husband is a human - not sure which variety of human). If you go to Markarth, the little girl who is the daughter of the silversmith is the child of an interracial couple. The father appears to be a redguard and the mother one of the other human races. The girl is white like the mom.

Personally I think they did it that way so they wouldn't have to make so many character models and textures. :eek:

Edit: Oh yeah.. and can't forget the Grey Prince from Oblivion. Mother was an orc and the dad an imperial vampire.

Skullrattla

Button Pusher
Most of the people in Skyrim are more or less racist and don't mix with other races too much. Just like most people in the real world.

SKYRIM BELONGS TO THE fNORDS

Skullrattla

Button Pusher
Some sort of breeding would be pretty much necessary for the next game, but pet breeding is more likely than anything even remotely connected to sex and possible bestiality connotations. (furries would go wild)

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts