OOC Intangible Force [RECRUITING!]

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Leseras

Darkness guides me.
    You do not understand what has happened. Nothing was perfect yes. Nothing was the fairy tale that many wanted to live. But it still wasn't too bad. Life was decent and everyday carried on like usual. However, almost like the universe shifted, you felt as if something had changed. You couldn't explain it at all. It was almost like there was no balancing point anymore, Everywhere you looked there was utter chaos, and it seemed almost like someone or something was forcing the change.

In Riften, the once proud and prestigious thieves guild fell apart. While they may have been thieving scum, the absence of a thieves guild caused many of the unsanctioned thieves to have a feast at each store. There were simply too many for the guards to stop.

The once proud families of Graymane and Battle-born were now rivals, squabbling about the most trivial of issues. Their rival has become almost as legendary as their lost friendship. The Jarl has been at a quandary each and everyday because of them.

Forsworn have suddenly found the courage to become much more bold. Rather then hide in their caverns, they have opted to outright murder in the middle of Markath's markets. And the guards do not do anything about it, almost pretending the issue does not exist.

Once brave orcs have turned into sniveling wimps. Giants encroach on their territory and the orcs do nothing to stop them. Some have turned suicidal, driven mad by their companions. They loiter the streets, asking of death from any who would hear their pleas.

Ulfric Stormcloak. a man who was once honorable and proud went mad with power. For the sake of his ideals, the Jarl has decided to start a country wide civil war. Thousands upon thousands have died on his crusade against the Empire.

Someone has been interfering with the balance of things. You aren't sure who has been doing such a thing, but you do know that he wields great power to do these things. Whether you guide that power to salvation or destruction, I leave it up to you.

So a few things you should know about the RP itself.
    1. There is no dragon-born. Tiber Septim was a dragon-born but none exists in this era.
    2. Alduin was sealed forever. The only dragons that exist are the odd ones like Paarthunax and Durneveir. You will most likely not encounter any of them.
    3. My character is the main antagonist along with the Deadric Prince Mephala. Read the CC to find out more back story.
    4. You will all start out in Whiterun, in Dragonsreach. I leave it to your creativity for the reasoning. You could be a war hero, collecting a bounty, a servant or maybe a guard. I give you permission to replace his court wizard and housecarl.

Without further ado, I present my CC to you.

Name: Leseras Braveheart

Religion: Servitude to Mephala

Race: Breton

Class: Leseras is a master at weaving illusions. He does not require casting spells to place an illusion on anyone. His voice is the focus that channels his illusions into the minds of the unsuspecting. Only the most skilled and strong-willed are able to break out from his illusions. The types of illusions he is able to cast vary and are not limited to those that other illusionists are able to produce. Most times, they are subtle, affecting only the depth perception of the afflicted causing him to miss with every arrow. Others are full blown nightmares, turning grown man into sniveling whelps. However, the skill that he uses the most often is the transformation illusion. In the name of Mephala, he casts an illusion on himself to change his appearance in order to sow dissent among the living populace.

Physical Description:
    TESV2013-03-0116-01-26-62.png

History: The son that nobody ever spoke of; that was who Leseras was. Each day, they would pass in and out of the general store, listening to the poor jokes of the Breton merchant, none the wiser. Because nobody spoke of Leseras, nobody ever would. The day of the incident was covered up so well that only three people remembered what happened. The first, the Breton merchant whom suffered the brunt of the damage. The second, the Jarl of Whiterun, who is getting his just deserts for his part. And last, the steward of the keep, the man who hushed everything up. This is of course, excluding the man who performed the deed itself, Leseras.

For you see, Leseras was an unassuming Breton who lived a pampered life in the Plains district of Whiterun. He was a fairly unassuming young man who helped in his father's store. At times, he would go to the nearby farms to buy cheaper produce that his mother and sister would cook. Leseras was a happy Breton who had everything in life that many in the realm of Skyrim would desire. Yet...after all that it was not enough. He desired...something more. As each day passed, he felt life turn more and more monotonous. The people of Whiterun started to turn into scenery to him. Like the strong trees of the forest, they never changed. It was always the same thing day in and out.

Sometimes he would toy with the idea of leaving the safety of the city on an adventure. He wanted to see new things and experience life to the fullest. But then again, once he saw those new things they would turn old. And when they turned old, they would become boring and monotonous, just like his life. Incredibly let down, he wandered into the Wind district and came upon a most curious sight. Two families, Graymane and Battle-born, were happily conversing with each other. They looked so happy. But of course, he knew that already. They were, after all part of the scenery that plagued his life. At that moment, something changed in him fundamentally. A malicious grin stretched across his face. If the scenery didn't want to change, he would change it!

But oh what would he do? How could he change this sickening portrait of love and happiness? It was going to be hard he figured, and the question plagued his mind as he stumbled into his home. Running on auto-pilot, he slipped into his bed and lay there, pondering his next move. Just as sleep took-over, he heard the pitter patter of rain falling outside. The boom of thunder echoed throughout Whiterun. Leseras felt a warmth around his mid-section and sighed. Slowly, he peeked down and saw the visage of his little sister, Sophia, clinging fearfully to his body. She was afraid of lightning and thunder, and she would always do this when it rained. He moved his hand and rubbed the scalp of her head endearingly, causing her to look up at him with puppy eyes.

"Scared of the thunder again Sophia?" He whispered. She hesitated but answered. "Yes Brother..." His sister looked down. "It's okay right?" Instead of answering, he moved his arm over her and pulled his sister closer. Though it rained, he felt warmth radiating from his sister. With a smile on his face, the lull of sleep ensnared him in. And he dreamed...dreamed of darkness and of Daedric Princes...dreamed of his demise

The surroundings were dark and grim. There was no light. He could not see himself or any other. Glancing around, he felt a tinge of fear. This was the fear of the unknown. A voice boomed out, causing him to fall on his behind. "Welcome to my realm...mortal." His eyes widened in fear. That voice...it was not normal. It was so malicious and evil, he felt the shivers crawl up his spine. In fact he felt them crawl up his hands and legs and...wait a minute. He grasped onto his forearm and felt...a spider. Screaming in fear, Leseras leaped upwards and scrambled around, trying to get rid of the spiders crawling on his body. However, the more he moved the more he felt his mobility get restricted. Eventually, he came to a stop in mid-air, suspended by strands of stickiness.

"Are you done, mortal? The voice sounded put off yet amused. "Now if you are done with your...sniveling, I have a proposition for you. I heard the delicious thoughts in your head just now. They were sooo sinfully delightful. Tell me...if I gave you the abilities to carry out your wish, what would you do with them?"Slowly, the features on his face morphed from fear to glee. He thought long and hard. It was fortunate the Daedra has no concept of time, or she would have vaporized him for testing her patience. Eventually he looked up and smirked.

"I would stir trouble everywhere. Interfere with affairs where I'm not needed." He swept his hand to the side. "I want to change everything around me into my plaything. If it isn't interesting enough, I WILL MAKE IT SO! That is my wish, my desire! Grant it to me, and you will see it happen!"

The voice chuckled with mirth. "You had my curiosity...now you have my attention. Very well mortal. You shall have your wish, in return you will serve me forever. Do you accept?" His mobility no longer hindered, Leseras flailed his arms upwards and screamed. "Yes! Give it to me!"

"You bend to me?
    "Yes!"
    "You pledge your soul to me?"
    "Yes!"
    "You renounce those pathetic Aedra that you serve?"
    "Yes mistress!"
    "Then rise my servant, and receive the gifts I bestow upon you. First, is the ebony blade, used to slay the innocent and unsuspecting. Next, my powers of illusion, at which you will have no equal. Go my servant, spread dissent in MY NAME!"

He awoke with a start. No longer was he in his bed, but laying behind the house of the Graymanes. Besides him, lay a long blade crafted in ebony. An evil shine seemed to gleam off the metal. Hefting the blade upwards, he observed his surroundings. It was still nighttime and the guards were no where to be seen. Grinning in victory, he cast an illusion on himself and walked into the Graymane house. The family was asleep. Perfect. He walked to each on and cast a deep seated illusion on their minds. "Dream my pretties...dream of death and destruction. Make things more, interesting!"

Night turned to day, and he awoke to the sounds of screaming. Gleefully, he jolt from his bed into the Winds district to find that his wish had come through. Oh what delicious sorrow it is, to see the buffoons of Graymane and nitwits of Battle-born tearing each other up over a small bag of septims. The scenery was different, changed into something much more INTERESTING! Leseras whistled a jaunty tune as he strolled back home, ushering his beloved sister in when she questioned him about the ruckus. "It's nothing my dear...now come inside and cook me something will you?"

Suddenly, the ebony blade appeared in his hands. Without him willing it, the blade swooped down on. Blood splattered across the walls of the store. His mother heard the noise and came down to see what happened. She screamed, but was silenced soon after. Leseras fell to the ground, eyes wide in horror. What is this! He didn't mean to do anything like that! The blade...it moved on its own.

"Oh I just love messing with affairs of mortals...don't you, my servant?" His mouth stood agape as he heard her. Slowly, Leseras raised his trembling, blood stained hands and stared at them. The fear in the air seemed almost palpable. Just then, the guards burst in. They were stock still at the sight. Their duty soon set in and they dragged Leseras into the dungeons.
    Days later, Belethor was in the dungeons, glaring mercilessly at the boy. He slapped him, hard. And walked away. "I have no son..." Leseras heard him mutter.

The blade was brought before the Jarl who examined it closely with his trusted steward. He did not dare show it to the court magician, for he might give in to temptation. Both the Jarl and Proventus came to the same conclusion, the blade was evil. For what reason they didn't know but it was cursed and should not come into the hands of any man, mortal or not. So the locked it away, and locked the incident away as well. No one needed to know, nobody should know of this travesty that happened in their fair city. They decided that the boy deserved nothing but the worst death possible, but settled on a quiet execution.

However, when they went to retrieve him, the boy was gone...

Personality: Scarred and broken by his past, Leseras doesn't like social contact. Any and all warmth from him is an illusion that will bite you in the butt later on. He is forced to cause problems with people at the behest of his master. And like a robot, he mechanically and systemically will destroy the lives of many, for no reason but the whims of a Deadra.

Now just a few general rules.

1. Proper grammar, punctuation etc. The one thing I cannot tolerate is incoherent English.
    2. You can re-use characters from another RP. Simply alter it slightly to fit the scenario presented above.
    3. There will be a limit to the vacancy. This is because I do not want to be overly ambitious and manage a large group of people. That said, anyone can apply.
    4. Please have a good CC. A good start is half the battle won.
    5. No god-modding. I will not god-mod either. Rather I'll present you with a set of circumstances. How you navigate through them is up to you.
    6. Real life can get in the way, and it is perfectly fine to suspend your character. Simply inform me. You will be welcome back anytime.
    7. Enough of the rules, let's have some fun with this RP.

SkyrimFreak

Name: Silvi

Race: Wood Elf (Bosmer)

Class: Enchanter/Assassin (normally thief/assassin but there's too many of those)

Looks: (her face is in my profile pic) Very slim, not super strong but is very agile which often gives her an edge. 5'2

Personality: Quick temper (doesn't show that she's angry), very cautious, prefers not to ever draw attention to herself (something that has helped her many times before)

History: Silvi was born in Valenwood, but her parents were killed by the Thalmor at a young age. The Thalmor took her with them to the Summerset Isles and until she was 12, she thought that she always had lived in Summerset Isles. She was very good at getting into places she shouldn't be, and one day she happened to get into their secret "library" of reports on Valenwood. Silvi saw her name on one of them, and couldn't resist taking a look at it. She was shocked that for her entire life she had believed the very people who killed her parents (which is why even as an adult, she still is very distrusting).

Silvi said nothing about this, and came up with a plan to escape. Soon, they were going to Skyrim to see how things were going along at the Thalmor Embassy. While everyone was sleeping, she slipped away. Silvi came across a little cave where she stayed for a while. She was glad she had thought to bring a cloak and her hunting bow with her, because they would prove essential for her survival.

She lived several years like this, never staying in one place too long. Eventually she came to Winterhold where she learned about enchanting and some alchemy (mostly poisons), being suspicious but curious about the College. She lived in the college for a while, getting quite bored, so one day she left. She had made many enemies in running away from the Thalmor and simply because she had been seen at the College of Winterhold, and she knew if anyone could do something about that, she could.

Silvi brewed a special poison which she was going to use on a group of guards that was making her life a misery. They came to wait for their meal, yelling drunkenly for her to make it. She had been waiting until they would do this, and slipped the poison into the apple cabbage stew she made. When they had finished, they realized that she had poisoned them. Upon realizing that, they died a slow painful death.

Silvi realized that she quite enjoyed hearing them scream in agony for what they had done to her. She decided that being an assassin would be quite fun with her skills, so became a freelance assassin, but only if they payed a large sum for her services (because she wanted it to be quite worth her time, and worth potentially being betrayed).

Misc: Uses an elven bow with a shock enchantment, preferring to use elven arrows, but if possible she uses daedric or ebony arrows. When in close combat she uses two ebony daggers, her left hand one with a soul trap enchantment, the right with an absorb health enchant.

Silvi has went to Dragonsreach hoping that someone there has use for her skills, knowing that many people who went there were quite wealthy and could give her a very large amount of money whether it be for enchanting (not likely, seeing as the court wizard was much more convenient) or if they needed someone killed and didn't want word getting out (the Dark Brotherhood [before the Listener, of course] did rely on word getting out so she made sure that she didn't let that happen with her own murders).

Character Profiles

Leseras

Darkness guides me.
    Not bad for a first timer. I only ask three things. First, in future, segregate your CC into paragraphs. It will look more appealing and people will like you a lot because it is easier to read. Second, I know it's in your history, but for reference sake, add a short description of your abilities. Eg, (Class: Leseras is a skilled illusionist. He is also able to....) Third, please add in a reason for you to be at dragonsreach as I've stated in the original post. I understand you may have missed it, so please add it when you can. Other then that, not bad, not bad at all.

SkyrimFreak

Not bad for a first timer. I only ask three things. First, in future, segregate your CC into paragraphs. It will look more appealing and people will like you a lot because it is easier to read. Second, I know it's in your history, but for reference sake, add a short description of your abilities. Eg, (Class: Leseras is a skilled illusionist. He is also able to....) Third, please add in a reason for you to be at dragonsreach as I've stated in the original post. I understand you may have missed it, so please add it when you can. Other then that, not bad, not bad at all.
    Thanks for telling me, this really helps me out alot :)

Mesmerize

Your favorite cajun
    So will we be having two small groups of characters: one good and one bad? It's your RP, but I think that'll make it interesting. I'll post a CC in a bit because this seems good for my evil vampire character

before my cc i wanted to ask as molag bal is included in my bio if that was ok and i will be using my char Llok if possible
    slight discription in my sig

Mesmerize

Your favorite cajun
    Molag Bal can be involved with your character if you want to. Just be sure not to overpower your character. For example, instead of using full Daedric armor and weapons use steel or dwarven.

Didn't mean to give negative rating lol.

Also, if his character has a legitimate story behind how he got his full Daedric set then it should be fine, IMO. Like take a look at my CC for Jadier Dolbanitte. He acquired his Dragonplate armor and weapon sets from his family.

By the way, I'll post his CC on here in a bit. I was gonna use Jadoric, but that was only if he could be evil too :p I'll post the CC after school

awesome this is what i wrote before i even found your group its short as i was gona add to it depending on rp neads

Name: Llok
    Race: Bosmer
    Class: Warrior
    Weapons: Daedric Sword and War Axe
    Armor: full daedric
    Looks: bosmer brown skin, his right eye is blind with scar underneath (warwound) and a scar on the back of his neck in the shape of the oblivion sign
    BIO:
    Llok is a weird name for a Bosmer but his name is given to him by daedric lord molag bal along with the weapons and Armour he uses. Llok has no memory of his past before he met the power that is molag bal and seaches for answers day in and day out. Llok is a warrior he joind the imperial legion almost a year ago not to fight ulfric but to be on the front lines and taste the blood of victory

i was thinking i find more of my past and turns out molag killed my familly and was just using my for his own gain?

i can change it to mephla i was thinking of starting with daedric and When/if he join the light side someone gives him a set of steelplate as the daedric burns his skin when i wear it

and all in sig is what they wear in the game

sorry f multiple posts but forgot the age is around 27-30 as he cant remember being born

Leseras

Darkness guides me.
    I was just wondering... how many people are we going to have in the rp before we start?
    4-5 Including me. I don't want too many so that it's manageable.
    awesome this is what i wrote before i even found your group its short as i was gona add to it depending on rp neads

Name: Llok
    Race: Bosmer
    Class: Warrior
    Weapons: Daedric Sword and War Axe
    Armor: full daedric
    Looks: bosmer brown skin, his right eye is blind with scar underneath (warwound) and a scar on the back of his neck in the shape of the oblivion sign
    BIO:
    Llok is a weird name for a Bosmer but his name is given to him by daedric lord molag bal along with the weapons and Armour he uses. Llok has no memory of his past before he met the power that is molag bal and seaches for answers day in and day out. Llok is a warrior he joind the imperial legion almost a year ago not to fight ulfric but to be on the front lines and taste the blood of victory

i was thinking i find more of my past and turns out molag killed my familly and was just using my for his own gain?
    Dorian, not to be highly critical or anything but your CC is very short and lacking in details. Take SkyrimFreak's for example. His/Her CC while not so detailed to the point of spectacular, is also detailed enough to give me a good idea on what character Silvi is. Also please check for spelling errors and grammar errors etc... before you post. IT does help.

4-5 Including me. I don't want too many so that it's manageable.

Dorian, not to be highly critical or anything but your CC is very short and lacking in details. Take SkyrimFreak's for example. His/Her CC while not so detailed to the point of spectacular, is also detailed enough to give me a good idea on what character Silvi is. Also please check for spelling errors and grammar errors etc... before you post. IT does help.
    thank you

Phoenix Knight

Unofficial awesome dude
    I'd like to enter my character if you're still taking entries.

Name: Dimitri Casator

Title: Dimitri the Night Shadow

Race: Breton

Hometown: Solitude, Skyrim

Religion: has sold his soul to Nocturnal

Allegiance: he was once a Nightingale crescent agent for the Thieves Guild before it collapsed, now he is a rogue thief, hunted constantly but otherwise unable to be captured.

Class: he is a warrior thief.
    He is one of the few remaining Nightingales from the no longer existent Thieves Guild. Dimitri is also a dabbler in the arcane arts, utilizing illusions and some destruction spells like shock runes to disguise his presence and escape from captivity. Dimitri’s weapons include magic, a silver sword enchanted with frost damage, the nightingale bow, and various knives.

Physical Description: (I will add a picture ASAP) Dimitri has pale white skin and reaches 6’3 in height. He is of average build if not slightly stronger. He has a scar on his right cheek from a bar fight, you should see the other guy.
    His hair is a shade of mud brown and has a wild and rugged look to it. Dimitri has eyes like pools of melted chocolate with flecks of gold in them (he has, on occasion, been told they are quite spectacular). Dimitri often has a playful look on his face but if no one is around it will show evidence of his tired and sometimes sad state of mind.

Personality Description: Dimitri is quite playful and looks for entertainment wherever he may go, though he won't admit it he does this in search of something to stop the boredom presented by everyday life. His greatest fear is that he will be forced into a normal life somehow. After the guild fell apart he took on a Robin Hood type of persona, protecting poor shopkeepers from thieves.
    This doesn't mean Dimitri has turned a new leaf, he is just more protective of the people (if he lets people get robbed blind how’s he going to make money?). Despite his usual attitude he is hiding his true feelings of sadness and his tired view of life. One of the few people able to see through this masquerade is Robin Knightfall (More on her next).

History: Dimitri was cast away as a four year old child, forcing him to live on the streets. By the age of six it was clear Dimitri wasn't going to make it to seven on the streets. He was barely getting enough food and drink to make a meal a day. That was when he met her.
    Her name was Robin Selina Knightfall. She was a two years older than him and had been homeless for twice as long. She took him under her wing, teaching him how to prey on good samaritans by taking enough septims to thrive in the scum filled streets. By age seven Dimitri was better than ever. When he was doing better, no longer in danger of dying, Robin left.
    Dimitri became a notorious thief in Skyrim, and he eventually drew the attention of the Thieve’s Guild. After joining they helped him refine his skills and he quickly rose the ladder in the guild, becoming a Nightingale of Nocturnal with ease.
    Robin however took a different path.
    She had begun work as an assassin for the Dark Brotherhood. The two’s paths crossed multiple times, their friendship becoming something more. But with one of them an assassin and the other a Nightingale there were complications. They had different ideals and moral codes. They became enemies, though their feelings had not changed.
    Then Skyrim began changing. The Thieves Guild crumbled and the Dark brotherhood’s power rose. Dimitri became a guardian of the poor, protecting them from the uncontrollable thieves that ran wild, while still stealing himself. Dimitri still meets Robin on occasion but now there are complications.

SkyrimFreak

Finally! Another member yay! (and yes we are accepting but I think we can start soon now) Anyway... that CC is awesome :D I think you just need to add a reason to be at Dragonsreach then it should be good
    (did I mention your sig is awesome? I do that all the time :p)