Xbox 360 Inhabitable Areas in Skyrim

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Blitzz

A Friendly Brit
I know there are plenty of homes in Skyrim. There are cabins you can find in the wild that you can live in safely, there are the houses themselves, there are guild homes, and there are NPC homes you can live in. But are there any areas, like forts and caves, that a character can safely live in without containers resetting? Has anyone ever lived in one of these dungeons or areas?

LotusEater

I brake for blue butterflies
I lived in Blackreach off and on many times and the house down there never seemed to reset any of it's containers.

800px-SR-place-Sinderion%27s_Field_Laboratory.jpg

Egress in and out can be a pain but definitely my favorite house in the wilds.

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass
UESP wiki page has a master list of most if not all of these safe areas

ColleenG

When in doubt, follow the fox.
Before I buy my first home, I join the Companions and stash my stuff in a dresser where the whelps sleep. Other than that, I really like finding different places to sleep every night. The creepier the better.

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass
Before I buy my first home, I join the Companions and stash my stuff in a dresser where the whelps sleep. Other than that, I really like finding different places to sleep every night. The creepier the better.
Is there anything creepier than sleeping in Breezehome with Lydia staring at you sleep from her corner chair?

I do tend to move around a lot too. Jorrvaskr always feel like a homecoming no matter how long I've been away. Probably because it was the first place in Skyrim my character felt like he fit.

I tend to try out a lot of mod homes, most have good and bad things about them and usually I get bored and move on. I have been in my current one for a good while now and still really like it, and that's the converted Dwemer house @ Mzadahrk. Doesn't appear to be up at Nexus or Steam any more, but I really like it. It's not too big like some of the other Dwemer house mods and feels more "homey" (for lack of a better term) than some of the other mods I've seen. Also considering Raido's place of birth, Stros M'Kai was pretty much one giant Dwemer ruin, this house makes sense RP-wise

TESV 2014-03-20 19-15-02-41.pngTESV 2014-03-18 20-05-03-76.pngTESV 2014-03-18 20-05-05-87.pngTESV 2014-03-18 19-55-51-97.pngTESV 2014-03-18 19-53-08-69.pngTESV 2014-03-18 20-10-16-10.png

elias

I've lived in giant camps before, but typically I don't go too long without messing with my stuff, so it doesn't reset.

Kinda off topic, but has anyone here been able to use Drelas' cottage? Its a really good home for a mage, but it always says I'm trespassing when I'm inside.

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
Glenmoral Covern: is the cave you clear out of hagravens and take their heads. It does not respawn, all storage is safe, and it has an Arcane Enchanter. It has the one area as well, so no going through annoying load screens to get to another room.
For Dark and gloomy characters.

Helgen has no respawn time either, so anything you store there is safe, but you will encounter bandits. But apparently these bandits have morals and wont loot your stuff, they just want to kill you..lol.

Twiffle

All the treasure map chests dont respawn, i use the one in riverwood until i find permanent. also the wardrobe on the right in your quarters of the Mages college doesnt respawn (tested) which i use for my mage until become Arch mage. Im unsure about your chest in the TG as i havnt tested it much so i cant comment.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts