• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Lanconite

Tonight we dine in Hell.
I sided with the Empire, though I would rather just stay out of the war altogether. I don't believe Ulfric is selfish; he clearly believes "freeing" Skyrim will better the lives of his kin. I also do not agree with the outlaw of Talos worship. It's religion, and to each his or her own, right? If one wishes to worship a certain God, or in this case "person", they should be able to freely. However, what of the idea to maybe team up and take out the Thalmor? I really don't think the Empire likes the Dominion anymore than Ulfric does, but separating will only weaken the Empire more, and strengthen the Thalmor.

Solitude

Inactive
it would be good if you could get togeather your own army.... and take on both imperials and stormcloaks.. and the thalmor.

Flint firestorm

The leading man, who else?
One thing I hate is that the stormcloacks keep saying the empire should not have surrender.
What do they know? The war never even made it to skyrim thanks to the empire.

imaginepageant

Slytherin Alumni
One thing I hate is that the stormcloacks keep saying the empire should not have surrender.
What do they know? The war never even made it to skyrim thanks to the empire.

No, but Ulfric and some of his supporters fought for the Legion in the Great War, and so have first-hand experience with what occurred in Cyrodiil.

Flint firestorm

The leading man, who else?
No, but Ulfric and some of his supporters fought for the Legion in the Great War, and so have first-hand experience with what occurred in Cyrodiil.
Ulfric spent most of his time captured, and upon escape fled to skyrim. How would he know what it was like when they signed the treaty

dadagan

I play a Bosmer. who originally fled with the Stormcloaks as the empire were about to execute him; but after seeing the degradation & squalor that the Dunmer & Argonians in Windhelm live in & the general Racism of the Stormcloaks. it was a general downward spiral after that.
Also when you consider that Ulfric wont help the non nord towns & Khajiit caravans that are raided by bandits, that's another black mark against them & a few of Ulfric's supporters seem to be a bit odd (see Skald the elder)

Compare that to the well kept & cosmopolitan cities of Solitude & Whiterun, where everyone seems to get an equal chance with little or no racism, except for the Kahjiit not being allowed into the cities.
Also it seems very dumb to start a civil war when a greater threat exists in the Aldmeri Dominion , who would like nothing more than to destroy the empire & turn all the human kingdoms into slave states like the Aylieds did before them.

Dylansauce02

Slaying Trolls and taking names.
I just killed Ulfric Stormcloak. So who wins now? xD

MushroomGenius

Jarl of Fungi, Great Khal of the Mushraki

Grey Fox

Wow! What a wonderfully informative thread. Thanks for all the info people:D

Gandalf The Boss

Pupil of Nienna. Defender of Middle Earth
I will not write a wall of text here.
My opinion is that.
Empire Good - Stormcloaks Bad
Thalmor EVIL

The Empire had to surrender to the Thalmor because for the good of the people.
As we all know that the Thalmor likes to kill people that do not think as they do and if I where the Emperor I would have done the same thing.

The Empire had to surrender to the Thalmor because for the good of the people.
One could argue that it was so the emperor could keep his crown, and if not, still a stupid decision.

As we all know that the Thalmor likes to kill people that do not think as they do and if I where the Emperor I would have done the same thing.
Yeah, and the Thalmor are doing just that. The empire gives them free reign to do just about anything they want. The empire betrayed the old and loyal blades, my favorite faction since I saw them in Oblivion, and for that alone, for destroying possibly their greatest chances of beating back the Thalmor I will never support them.

So my updated pros and cons of both factions:

Stormcloaks:
Pros; They fight against the Thalmor
Cons; they are a little racey, but nothing (at least not indiscriminately) genocidal. This is subject to change through the dragonborn's counsel. Compared to the Thalmor's indiscriminate murder torture and oppression of anyone is isn't elven, and who worships Talos, this is nothing.

Empire:
Pros; basically nothing
Cons; They betrayed the blades, their own people, and the blades (arguably their greatest asset). The Thalmor control all of the empire with the emperor a mere puppet. Also consider that the empire has no plans to conquest against the Aldmeri.

Summary: Aside from a few npcs that reside on the imperial side that are actually good at heart despite choosing the wrong side, the empire is indeed long dead. The bittersweet ending of the stormcloak civil war quest was enough to get me to try out the empire's side, but ultimately the truth is that much more obvious and I see it even more clearly.

Anything truly good that remained with the empire died with the Blades. The empire basically ordered their execution. In the end the stormcloaks are the only logical choice. Skyrim is not weaker without the empire, but stronger. If the empire truly does have any fight left in them, any hidden desire to drive out the thalmor, they will side with Skyrim against the Thalmor after Ulfric is made high king.

Also I updated my OP.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
How do you kill both?
The Emperor is not the Imperial faction leader in the game. General Tullius of the Imperial Legion is the Imperial faction leader. The Emperor is merely a plot device NPC for the Dark Brotherhood quest line. If you don't do the Dark Brotherhood quest line he doesn't even show up in the game.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts