• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Twiffle

This is the only part missing from my playthroughs, the problem is, i just cant make my mind up, wether to side with an arrogant racist b*****d, or with a group of civilised people who walk hand in hand with Nazis. :cool:

TheOOB

Honestly, I personally see the imperials as the lesser of two evils.

Ulfric is fairly power hungry, and cares more about being High King than his people. Most of their gripes with the Empire are relevant, but they are actually problems they have with the Thalmor, who the Empire doesn't like either.

If the Stormcloaks win the war, Skyrim will become Isolationist, it will become a land of Nords for Nords, and I wouldn't want to be a non Nord(or a mage, or anyone who doesn't fit the classic Nord image), living there. A lot of non-Nords live in Skyrim, and the country is better off for it. Further, an isolationist Skyrim would not be able to fight off the Thalmor, the entire Empire could not beat the Domain, what hope does a weakened Skyrim have.

The Empire may be working with the Thalmor, but they don't like it. The Domain will try to conquer the Empire if it becomes weak enough, and the Empire will fight the Domain if they become powerful enough. Sure the Empire with it's magic and elves and beastmen may change skyrim from is traditional way of life, but that's not a bad thing. Windhelm is one of the more depressing cities in Skyrim, and it's a good sign of what all of Skyrim would look like.

Naturally Skyrim is open enough that there are many sides of the issue, but I find it interesting that Skyrim tries to paint the Empire in a bad light in the early game, and then does it's best to show that the Stormcloaks are also pretty bad and see if the player notices.

Elgorym

Skillful Bosmer Hunter seeking Adventure