Imperials or Stormcloaks, what one?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Raijin

A Mage that loves a Templar
For 1, there is no comma after first, so maybe you should practice what you preach. 2, who was I criticizing? 3, I like that when can't come up with a fresh comeback you have to criticize other peoples grammar. :rolleyes:

Thank you professor Farnsworth for pretending to be masters of the English language.Why don't you spell 1 with One and 2 with two, and finally 3 with three? Don't be lazy about it now :) After all in this thread was built only for those who has the degree in masters of the English language. It's all compelling argument to use proper English, right? Dr Sheldon Cooper would agree with me if he was here right now :)

Grogmar Ghrobash

'Tis better to be alone, then of bad company.
Thank you professor Farnsworth for pretending to be masters of the English language.Why don't you spell 1 with One and 2 with two, and finally 3 with three? Don't be lazy about it now :) After all in this thread was built only for those who has the degree in masters of the English language. It's all compelling argument to use proper English, right? Dr Sheldon Cooper would agree with me if he was here right now :)

Yet you reply to me with tons of grammar errors...do you understand what you post?

Raijin

[quote="Grogmar Ghrobash, post: 262670, member: 9762"]You give me negative/neutral ratings all the time. I do it to you once and you start whining about it. And by your logic, you too are abusing the rating system as you gave a equal number of dislikes.[/quote]

Prove it.

Moris

There's not a lot to support the notion that it stung sufficiently to motivate reasonable people to take up arms if they were complacent enough not to do anything about it until the Stormcloaks stir the veritable hornet's nest to create a substantially different environment to wit:
That's not what I take from Alvor's dialogues. It's highly improbable that the Justiciars haven't been detaining people for Talos worship since at least the Markarth Incident, but the point of Alvor's dialogue isn't about whether they arrested anyone over the course of time, it's that the Stormcloak rebellion is the catalyst for the extremely heightened level of enforcement. The Sons of Skyrim is another term that's used for the Stormcloaks and Alvor is stating that people were inconspicuously worshiping Talos up until the Stormcloak rebellion largely without incident.

My perception of Ulfric is that he orchestrated the civil war with a fair amount of planning and manipulation. He chooses to kill Torygg not only so he can ultimately claim the throne of the High King for himself but as a symbolic gesture of his declaration of war against the Empire. He knows that the Justiciars are going to react and he knows that their reaction will result in an environment that will push an appreciable number of Nords to his side (including my character in my Stormcloak play-through notwithstanding that she has the same perception of Ulfric).

This is in accord with my own impressions.

I think the original argument got lost about 60 pages back, but I believe I took issue with the idea that the Thalmor did not enforce the terms of the WGC at all, until Ulfric's rebellion stirred them up.

Grogmar stated: "People only started being prosecuted when Ulfric pointed out they were worshiping Talos."

Imperials or Stormcloaks, what one? | Page 306 | Skyrim Forums

Since Grogmar claims that that he never contradicts the lore (edited for precision) nothing he's said about the lore has been untrue, I wanted to know if that was, in fact, true.

Grogmar Ghrobash

[quote="Grogmar Ghrobash, post: 262670, member: 9762"]You give me negative/neutral ratings all the time. I do it to you once and you start whining about it. And by your logic, you too are abusing the rating system as you gave a equal number of dislikes.

Prove it.[/quote]

It's in my news feed...? Are you trying to act like you have the upperhand? This is getting sad, Raijin.

Grogmar Ghrobash

Does it really bother you that my grammar isn't the best in the world? For god sakes don't get a cerebral hemorrhage over it.

Again, do you understand what it is you post?

Grogmar Ghrobash

This is in accord with my own impressions.

I think the original argument got lost about 60 pages back, but I believe I took issue with the idea that the Thalmor did not enforce the terms of the WGC at all, until Ulfric's rebellion stirred them up.

Grogmar stated: "People only started being prosecuted when Ulfric pointed out they were worshiping Talos."

Imperials or Stormcloaks, what one? | Page 306 | Skyrim Forums

Since Grogmar states that he never contradicts the lore, I wanted to know if that was, in fact, true.

Lol, never said I never contradicted the lore. I said that I haven't made up what I've said about the lore. Way to bend my words some more. :rolleyes:

Grogmar Ghrobash

You just said some strong accusation "You give me negative/neutral ratings all the time." and I want you to back it up with with solid proof. If it's in your news feed then please submit a screenshot so I can see it for my own set of eyes.

How bout I don't and just put you on ignore, if it bothers you so much look for it yourself. The post are on this thread. I can't take screenshots on my xbox anyways. Bye.

Moris

Lol, never said I never contradicted the lore. I said that I haven't made up what I've said about the lore. Way to bend my words some more. :rolleyes:

You said: "Actually nothing I've said about lore has been untrue."

Imperials or Stormcloaks, what one? | Page 332 | Skyrim Forums

No, you didn't say exactly in those precise words, "I have never contradicted the lore." But it means the same thing.

Shall I edit my post to say, "Since Grogmar claims that nothing he's said about the lore has been untrue...." then? Because it's just a paraphrase.

ETA: I edited. LOL. Hope that's better.

Grogmar Ghrobash

You said: "Actually nothing I've said about lore has been untrue."

Imperials or Stormcloaks, what one? | Page 332 | Skyrim Forums

No, you didn't say exactly in those precise words, "I have never contradicted the lore." But it means the same thing.

Shall I edit my post to say, "Since Grogmar claims that nothing he's said about the lore has been untrue...." then? Because it's just a paraphrase.

It actually doesn't. I've never been proven wrong on this thread about the lore, that doesn't mean I've never contradicted the lore before. So yes, change it.

Raijin

How bout I don't and just put you on ignore, if it bothers you so much look for it yourself. The post are on this thread. I can't take screenshots on my xbox anyways. Bye.

citizen_cane.gif

Why must I do your homework for you? And don't you have a phone that can take pictures? Use that and then upload it to an image hosting site. This is your way of avoiding your accusation that I'm abusing the rating system. Unless if you can back it up you just pictured yourself as a liar.

Moris

It actually doesn't. I've never been proven wrong on this thread about the lore, that doesn't mean I've never contradicted the lore before. So yes, change it.

What on earth are you on about? You're finding distinctions in meaning that aren't relevant.

You said, "Actually nothing I've said about the lore has been untrue."

Contradicting the lore = saying something about the lore that is untrue. What does "contradicting the lore" mean to you if not that?

Whether anyone has proved anything about you or not isn't relevant either. If you tell a falsehood, it's still a falsehood, even if everyone believes it.

ETA: In any case, since to me the words have the same meaning, it does not matter if I change them.

Grogmar Ghrobash

Why must I do your homework for you? And don't you have a phone that can take pictures? Use that and then upload it to an image hosting site. This is your way of avoiding your accusation that I'm abusing the rating system. Unless if you can back it up you just pictured yourself as a liar.

I said by your logic, you are abusing the rating system. Do you have some sort of mental impairment that prevents you from comprehending the simplist sentences? And I actually don't have anything to take a picture with, I'm hardly what you'd call rich. So yes, call me a liar I don't care. Just please fluff off, you're officially on ignore now.

Grogmar Ghrobash

ETA: In any case, since to me the words have the same meaning, it does not matter if I change them.

Then don't bother asking me what I'd prefer.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
Where's the hysterical hyperbole?
For clarity this wasn't directed at you. In point of fact I now realize that I accidentally jumped back several pages and was looking at significantly older posts in this thread from others. Oops :oops:

Raijin

I said by your logic, you are abusing the rating system. Do you have some sort of mental impairment that prevents you from comprehending the simplist sentences? And I actually don't have anything to take a picture with, I'm hardly what you'd call rich. So yes, call me a liar I don't care. Just please fluff off, you're officially on ignore now.

You're full of crap. You can't back things up, and so you go into a total avoidance all together. When the kitchen gets heated up you run out in panic. And poor people cant afford Xbox with internet, and can afford games like Skyrim so I find it hard to believe that you don't have any kind of photo taking technology to prove your point. Again you're full of crap and go into total defense when things get heated up.

Oh and your threats of putting me on ignore... oh how childish you are.

Moris

Then don't bother asking me what I'd prefer.

Changing words in a previous post takes a bit of effort. More effort than typing a question about your preferences in the box that is already open. If you hadn't cared, then it would have saved me 30 seconds.

In future, though, I won't even bother to ask, since I think you are going to rant over any paraphrasing of your words at all. Arguing with you is going to require hunting down old posts in a 330 page thread just so all the quotes are perfect and precise, and you know what? At this point in time, I just don't dislike you quite enough to bother.