Imperials or Stormcloaks, what one?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Moris

But the majority appears to be SC supporters. I'm aware there are people like that Order of Talos guy who can't spell.

Well, I disagree. Until someone with fairly flawless grammar does a thorough content analysis to show which posts have more grammatical errors in this thread, it's just your opinion. Your posts aren't free from common mistakes either. Almost no one can escape the occasional "it's" possessive or the use of "alot" instead of "a lot" or "should of" instead of "should have". If I were to judge arguments on this basis, I'd have to listen to the Docta and Dagmar and Ockham's Folly and ignore just about everyone else.

Come to think of it, that's probably the wisest policy, after all.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage

Grogmar Ghrobash

'Tis better to be alone, then of bad company.
Well, I disagree. Until someone with fairly flawless grammar does a thorough content analysis to show which posts have more grammatical errors in this thread, it's just your opinion. Your posts aren't free from common mistakes either. Almost no one can escape the occasional "it's" possessive or the use of "alot" instead of "a lot" or "should of" instead of "should have". If I were to judge arguments on this basis, I'd have to listen to the Docta and Dagmar and Ockham's Folly and ignore just about everyone else.

Come to think of it, that's probably the wisest policy, after all.

I'm telling you what I've observed since joining, not my opinion.

Moris

I'm telling you what I've observed since joining, not my opinion.

If you don't have the numbers to prove that it's not merely your impression, then it is, indeed, just your opinion.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
Thalmor don't rule skyrim yet. If they did you'd get a beating for everything.

Thalmor educational video on what happens when you act up.

Grogmar Ghrobash

When someone is fresh out of ideas to think during a debate they always tend to go after someones grammar and spelling. I find that hilarious.

Are you compltely oblivious to the conversation that is going on right now? We're not debating. Why do you bother replying to my post with ignorant statements?

Moris

I thought the thread died when Galmar Stone-Fist showed up. At least, I hoped fervently that it would evolve into something much more fun.

Alas.

Grogmar Ghrobash

And I like how you're acting like a child and going through my post and disliking it (2 times) because I've happen to disliked your post, twice. Grogmar Ghrobash stop acting like a spoiled brat. Why do you take revenge so seriously? Rayven might like to hear your ratings abuse.

I'm not allowed to dislike your post but you are?

Grogmar Ghrobash

compltely? you mean completely. If you're going to criticize peoples spelling and grammar you might want to fix your own, first.

For 1, there is no comma after first, so maybe you should practice what you preach. 2, who was I criticizing? 3, I like that when you can't come up with a fresh comeback you have to criticize other peoples grammar. :rolleyes:

Raijin

A Mage that loves a Templar
What he's doing is hardly rating abuse, nor was it necessary to tag Rayven here.

It was rating abuse. I disliked his post when he brought up grammar, and so he decided to hunt down my 2 posts that was unnecessary marked down as disliked. Funny how he rated 2 of my posts when I disliked 2 of his. Is that isn't revenge then I don't know what is.

Imperials or Stormcloaks, what one? | Page 334 | Skyrim Forums (334 pages)
Imperials or Stormcloaks, what one? | Page 333 | Skyrim Forums (333 pages)

Grogmar Ghrobash

I know exactly what you're doing. Don't play these silly games with me.

You give me negative/neutral ratings all the time. I do it to you once and you start whining about it. And by your logic, you too are abusing the rating system as you gave a equal number of dislikes.

Grogmar Ghrobash

It was rating abuse. I disliked his post when he brought up grammar, and so he decided to hunt down my 2 posts that was unnecessary marked down as disliked. Funny how he rated 2 of my posts when I disliked 2 of his. Is that isn't revenge then I don't know what is.

Imperials or Stormcloaks, what one? | Page 334 | Skyrim Forums (334 pages)
Imperials or Stormcloaks, what one? | Page 333 | Skyrim Forums (333 pages)

Is there anything to prove that I simply didn't just disagree with your post because I disagreed?

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
Enforced poorly, but enforced.

Isn't any enforcement going to sting, if you are at all devout?
There's not a lot to support the notion that it stung sufficiently to motivate reasonable people to take up arms if they were complacent enough not to do anything about it until the Stormcloaks stir the veritable hornet's nest to create a substantially different environment to wit:
So we have Alvor, and it seems pretty clear from what he says that the Thalmor have been arresting people for Talos worship for quite some time (decades maybe?) though not until after Ulfric's release from prison and the rise of the Sons of Skyrim.
That's not what I take from Alvor's dialogues. It's highly improbable that the Justiciars haven't been detaining people for Talos worship since at least the Markarth Incident, but the point of Alvor's dialogue isn't about whether they arrested anyone over the course of time, it's that the Stormcloak rebellion is the catalyst for the extremely heightened level of enforcement. The Sons of Skyrim is another term that's used for the Stormcloaks and Alvor is stating that people were inconspicuously worshiping Talos up until the Stormcloak rebellion largely without incident.

My perception of Ulfric is that he orchestrated the civil war with a fair amount of planning and manipulation. He chooses to kill Torygg not only so he can ultimately claim the throne of the High King for himself but as a symbolic gesture of his declaration of war against the Empire. He knows that the Justiciars are going to react and he knows that their reaction will result in an environment that will push an appreciable number of Nords to his side (including my character in my Stormcloak play-through notwithstanding that she has the same perception of Ulfric).