Imperials or Stormcloaks, what one?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Raijin

A Mage that loves a Templar
TESV2012-10-0716-38-57-30.png

The Emperor treats his Empire as poorly as he treats his own family.

Docta Corvina

You know the Thalmor owns the Empire :) Don't deny it :) Banning the worship of the founding father of the Empire is solid prove that the Thalmor has control.

Oh, au contraire. As stated before in the words of a brilliant ancient strategist, all warfare is based on deception. After the Empire, particularly Cyrodiil, did a great deal of "bleeding" for all in the Great War, the taking of peace terms (those broadly accepted by most in the Empire because of the conflict's ferocity according to the lore, which in theory includes Skyrim) to staunch immediate bleeding was but the beginning of such an approach. The sun will set on the power and influence of the Dominion. Of that, I have no doubt.

Ulfric Stormcloak

Jarl of Windhelm
The Emperor treats his Empire as poorly as he treats his own family.

My father, the great Bear of Eastmarch, died during my imprisonment after the Markarth Incident.

I, his only son, forced to deliver his eulogy via letter I had smuggled out of prison. Such is the love of Titus Mede for his subjects.

Mr.Self Destruct

Chosen Undead
Not really. Base on the subtitles shes having a Jolly good time at the Thalmor party. She even wishes that Elenwen would hosts more parties. Ulfric is right. She would hand Skyrim over to the damn elves.

From the Thalmor Dossier
Status: Asset (uncooperative), Dormant, Emissary Level Approval
Description: Jarl of Windhelm, leader of Stormcloak rebellion, Imperial Legion veteran
Background:Ulfricfirst came to our attention during the First War Against the Empire, when he was taken as a prisoner of war during the campaign for theWhite-Gold Tower. Under interrogation, we learned of his potential value (son of the Jarl of Windhelm) and he was assigned as an asset to the interrogator, who is nowFirst Emissary Elenwen. He was made to believe information obtained during his interrogation was crucial in the capture of theImperial City(the city had in fact fallen before he had broken), and then allowed to escape. After the war, contact was established and he has proven his worth as an asset.

I'd much rather side with someone who enjoys Thalmor parties than someone who was a political asset to them.

Cosmic Storm

Whoosh.
What the hell has Vittoria done to herself? Blech.

Docta Corvina said:
The sun will set on the power and influence of the Dominion. Of that, I have no doubt.

If human history has taught us anything, it's that good is a force that evil cannot suppress for long. Even if a different evil may eventually take its place under the selfsame banner of wickedness (I might use that one), good will always triumph. That's just the truth. No, it's the troof.

I hereby take all credit for the phrase "selfsame banner of wickedness". If you use it, I will sue.

Deadpool.

OG Forum member
And why should I pick one over the other? So far neither have shown me that one is better or worse than the other, they both have their bad and good qualities. Many say Stormcloaks because the name sounds cool, but I want to side for a reason, not the name.

I'm a male Khajiit (Destruction mage)

Please help me D:

EDIT: I really want to keep being a mage so does one of them have classes or can I just stay been a mage.

I only started playing 4 days ago and i have never played any other TES.
well the choice is yours.

stormcloaks=more quests

imperials=money $$$

Moris

From the Thalmor Dossier

I'd much rather side with someone who enjoys Thalmor parties than someone who was a political asset to them.

As Dagmar says, a few pages back, "The term asset is used in espionage and counterespionage to desrcribe non-spies that are used as a means to an end. Most assets don't even know they are being used and they don't know that the agents that are manipulating them are anything other than what they are pretending to be."

Elisif serves Thalmor purposes, too. As does Tullius. Whether they are being directly manipulated is another question. So they are not assets per se. But it would not have served the Thalmor, for instance, if they had simply responded to the killing of Torygg by calling another Moot, and resolving the question peacefully.

Galmar Stone-Fist

Stormcloak General
The Empire is not an Empire because they ripped out it's very soul, and we Nords are nervous because our homeland is being taken away, and do you know what painful things Thalmor do to Nords in our own homeland! join the Stormcloaks we are not the rebels.

Raijin

A Mage that loves a Templar
From the Thalmor Dossier

Say wha?!?!??!?! And you don't think what the Thalmor are doing by inviting General Tullius and the other Jarls who supports the Empire not part of their political asset? Elenwen doesn't hosts these luxury parties for the wealthy people in Skyrim for nothing. It's all political motivated.

Ozan

the Magnificent Bastard
Ozan shall read the prophecies. He reads that one day, this thread shall end. That day, tensions shall flare like never before. Spite... anger... feuds unanswered. All shall break loose.

This is the thread... that ends all threads.

OrexxerO

What would you have done if you were the Emperor? Your army isn't even at half strength, every city is burning and needs protection, restore order. Morale would be fairly low, battle tired, worn out. You have masses of wounded, soldiers with broken minds from the horror of war. Families torn apart and wanting to be with their husbands, brothers, sisters, fathers and mothers who are serving in the Legion. To get to the Thalmor you need to invade the Summerset Isles, which isn't even connected by land. Infact Ulfric is alive because of the treaty. The Thalmor let him escape from their prison to serve their purposes, wouldn't need him if the war was still on.

Well, while I wasn't there at the signing of the treaty. I would still of thought that allowing the Thalmor to move throughout the lands as gestapo tools kidnapping random individuals for daring to believe differently and then torturing/killing them wouldn't of been allowed by the empire in any treaty they signed. My problem isn't with the Empire nor the Emperor, my problem is they are no longer the Empire, but a puppet state of the Dominion, meaning that those that align with the empire, are inadvertently aligning with the Thalmor, who are tyrants and must be destroyed.

Janus3003

Skyrim Marriage Counselor

Mr.Self Destruct

Chosen Undead
As Dagmar says, a few pages back, "The term asset is used in espionage and counterespionage to desrcribe non-spies that are used as a means to an end. Most assets don't even know they are being used and they don't know that the agents that are manipulating them are anything other than what they are pretending to be."

It states that Ulfric was in direct contact with the Thalmor until he broke it off following the Markarth Incident. Which implies a relationship between the two greater than what you've ascertained. Ulfric was communicating with the Thalmor, as far as whatever was communicated is unclear.

But it would not have served the Thalmor, for instance, if they had simply responded to the killing of Torygg by calling another Moot, and resolving the question peacefully.

I hardly see even a pre-great war Empire simply allowing pardon to Torygg's killer, Ulfric would be hunted down regardless of whether the Thalmor gave the order or the Emperor did.

General Tullius

Military Governor
You said it yourself.

And if I surrender?

I am indeed Ulfric Stormcloak, and indeed there are many that call me a hero. We're fighting because Skyrim needs heroes and there's no one else but us. We're fighting because our own Jarls, once strong wise men, have become fearful and blind to their people's suffering. We're fighting because we're done bleeding for the Empire that won't bleed for us.

Tell me, why do you fight?

This isn't a cause, this is a rebellion. I fight so the Empire doesn't need to waste resources on this side show rebellion. So we can refocus our efforts on on the Thalmor. Most of the Legion is tied down on the border of the Aldmeri Dominion. The Emperor can't afford to risk weakening Cyrodiil's defenses. From the Imperial City, our war here is just a sideshow. An interlude before the main event against the Thalmor resumes. If you really had Skyrim's best interest at heart, you would stop this rebellion and help take down the real threat.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts