Imperials or Stormcloaks, what one?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Flint firestorm

The leading man, who else?
Since a lot of the jarls who support ulfric don't actually like him I'd say that there's a fair chance that even if he wins he won't be high king.

Flint firestorm

True, most don't like him but, he wants to be High King and nobody is going to get in his way. He's letting the Moot decide not because he wants the best for Skyrim but because he wants to bring back the "Old Nord Ways". (Stormcloak supporters please don't jump on my back, Iam one of you) :D
The jarl of winter hold clearly wants to be high king. Also since eslif is still a jarl she still has a chance.
I personally never finished the stormcloack(or imperial) quest line so could someone tell me how the storm cloak jarls of maerkearth, morthal falkreath and whithrun feel about him as high king.
Solitude, the rift and winterhold won't back him that's for sure.

J

Jeremius

The jarl of winter hold clearly wants to be high king. Also since eslif is still a jarl she still has a chance.
I personally never finished the stormcloack(or imperial) quest line so could someone tell me how the storm cloak jarls of maerkearth, morthal falkreath and whithrun feel about him as high king.
Solitude, the rift and winterhold won't back him that's for sure.

If you fight for the stormcloaks, in the end Elisif swears fealty to Ulfric, so unless Elisif wants to lose her seat as Jarl she will choose Ulfric for high king.

Flint firestorm

If you fight for the stormcloaks, in the end Elisif swears fealty to Ulfric, so unless Elisif wants to lose her seat as Jarl she will choose Ulfric for high king.
Not if she makes a deal with another jarl that, if she backs them and they become high king/queen they will protect her

Unit7

Not if she makes a deal with another jarl that, if she backs them and they become high king/queen they will protect her

Sure but it would have to be Markarth who protects them. Right now Ulfric has the only viable army witnin Skyrim by the moot. Ulfric has already captured Whiterun and Solitude.

Markarth is the only city I can see that would stand a chance of protecting Elisif. That or flee from Skyrim. Riften... well I wouldn't put my hopes up.

But Markarth probably has the best defense against an army. Then again... it would help if Markarth had a secret route in and out of the city. Probably through some Dwemer ruins.

The rest of the Jarls? Well there is a reason Uflric probably never put much thought into Falkreath, Morthal, and Dawnstar. he'd figure a dragon or 2 would wipe them out fairly easy. That and they have no real power.

I suppose Winterhold could work. Not so much the town, gods no, but the College... eh. Maybe.

I just don't see that being a smart move. Most of the Jarls are going to be supportive of Ulfric on the basis that he has a army.

Of course. If someone were to become High King. Uflric would just challenge them to a duel. If the High King or Queen were to decline that would give Ulfric grounds to challenge the High King's posistion.

Unless you side with the Imperials and crush Ulfric's army and kill the man the cycle will continue over and over again. But even if you side with the Imperials chances are you just have a bunch of Forsworn wanna bes as the remaining Stormcloaks continue to try and wage war.

Unless of course the dragoborn were given the option to protect Elisif. Sure you joined the Stormcloaks but... people have change of heart.

MMZephyr

In Oblivion I began in jail at the hands of the Imperials. In Skyrim my head was on the chopping block at the hands of the Imperials. Just me, but Stormcloaks all the way!

It's a misunderstanding. Whereas Ulfric just wants to be high king and kills people like some kind of maniac. He's also pretty racist. I'd go with imperials.

However, I haven't actually pursued that story line, I didn't pick a side. If I see an imperial or stormcloak patrol out in the wild, I usually just kill them all and loot them to sell their stuff. No need to even pick a side :)

J

Jeremius

sooner or later the Thalmor are going to find some reason to force the empire to denounce Skyrim as a province of the empire and Skyrim will be free anyways.

J

Jeremius

even after the CW, the Thalmor the call the entirety of Skyrim in Breach of the WGC and threaten Cyrodil with war if Mede or whoever is the emperor does not denounce them as a province. do not forget an imperial Skyrim hurts their position there just as much as an independent one does, but they could get all the human races mad at each other and then kill them all.

J

Jeremius

They already have all the human races mad at each other, besides than the Bretons. If the Empire wins the Civil War then I see it pointless for the Thalmor to force the Empire to denounce Skyrim as a province. That means an extra war for the Thalmor if they beat the Empire in the Second Great War.

Destroy the empire, destroy any chance of the humans coming together and they can pick off their enemies one by one.

J

Jeremius

What are you talking about? Making the Empire denounce Skyrim as a province after the Skyrim Civil War won by the Empire is extremely pointless. That just means another war, on another front vs a group of people better suited for guerilla warfare.

you know what, Your right, it would be better for the Thalmor to fight an army of angry imperials, bretons and nords all at once. Much safer than three separate wars where in between they can recoup and build their forces. /sarcasm

clastix

Dragonborn is straying from the path of good.
I lack the faith to believe the Empire would ever try to overthrow the Thalmor.

J

Jeremius

For once a person who admits when they were wrong. Given you some rep for being a good person :D. We know there are many people on these forums that would never do that.

you do know i was being sarcastic right? hence the /sarcasm. Anyways, it is often better to go the pointless route an have three separate wars where they can focus on one province at a time, instead of facing an angry army of all three races still in the empire as provinces where they stand very little chance of winning.

Just saying.

Tosh Raka

Tiger Dragon of Ka'Po'Tun
For the empire!

Guys. The great thing is that either way the Thalmor aren't as tough as they think. Sure they took the imperial city and sacked the white gold tower. But what high elf, wood elf or Khajiit didn't know the intimate details of the imperial province? How many of each race served in the imperial army?? They knew their tactics, there ground and they're weaknesses... Infighting. But two provinces can and have made a difference. When Mede reclaimed the capital, he did so with nord warriors. When he signed the treaty Hammerfell refused to cede their land and fought for 5 years on their turf and eventually beat back the thalmor. It's all about guerilla warfare and if the thalmor want to invade skyrim, imperial, or storm cloak... There pansy magic flinging ways are no match for sky forge steel! Well maybe sly forge is kinda bad... But dragonbone...

And I'm going to assume that any thalmor that happen to cross into forsworn territory will sure to get a hag raven claw up the ass...

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!
I lack the faith to believe the Empire would ever try to overthrow the Thalmor.

And I lack the faith that Ulfric would make a decent High King and and really put the people of Skyrim before himself. Oh wait, I know he wouldn't make a decent High King. I have more faith in a government that is willing to make compromises in order to not shed more blood versus a power hungry racist. But, that's just me.

J

Jeremius

And I lack the faith that Ulfric would make a decent High King and and really put the people of Skyrim before himself. Oh wait, I know he wouldn't make a decent High King. I have more faith in a government that is willing to make compromises in order to not shed more blood versus a power hungry racist. But, that's just me.

but we all know that the dominion is really in charge of the empire because the emperor is too afraid to do anything to defy them and would eliminate the position of high king if it meant saving his own province rather than doing what he knows is right.

Jersey Dagmar

but we all know that the dominion is really in charge of the empire because the emperor is too afraid to do anything to defy them and would eliminate the position of high king if it meant saving his own province rather than doing what he knows is right.

How do you know what the Emperor is doing? Are you within his inner circle? Instead of being able to build up resources to take the fight to the Thalmor, the Empire has to waste time, money, men, weapons, and other resources to the fight the Stormcloaks.

J

Jeremius

How do you know what the Emperor is doing? Are you within his inner circle? Instead of being able to build up resources to take the fight to the Thalmor, the Empire has to waste time, money, men, weapons, and other resources to the fight the Stormcloaks.

All i am saying is that the Thalmor, if they threaten war, would likely get the Emperor to make more concessions to them.

Jersey Dagmar

other than the obvious, what is your proof that the empire is in control of anything, perhaps the control of Skyrim is the Thalmor's idea in the first place.

i could ask you the same thing, but the Emperor id the DB final (i did the chain before) points to that he knows what he is doing but seems like the cowardly type, letting his assassin kill him instead of fighting back.

Considering the Thalmor want the Civil War to go on as long as possible, and that an Imperial victory would not be much in the Dominion's flavor, I'd say the Empire still has a chance.

And there's nothing cowardly about accepting your fate. The Emperor knew he'd never stand a chance against a trained Assassin. Instead, he accepted it. And asked if the person responsible for the contract could be brought to justice.

J

Jeremius

Considering the Thalmor want the Civil War to go on as long as possible, and that an Imperial victory would not be much in the Dominion's flavor, I'd say the Empire still has a chance.

And there's nothing cowardly about accepting your fate. The Emperor knew he'd never stand a chance against a trained Assassin. Instead, he accepted it. And asked if the person responsible for the contract could be brought to justice.

the only way the empire would have a chance is if the Emperor who came after mede grew a backbone. and Mede is only accepting his fate because he knew he would be defeated. Torygg knew the same thing, but still fought Ulfric. Point is: Mede is a coward who will not fight because he sees things as hopeless and would likely make concessions to the Thalmor if they were to push him.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts