Imperials or Stormcloaks, what one?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Ozan

the Magnificent Bastard
I actually like the uniforms from both sides. However, the Stormcloak Officer armor is more fantasy than the other armors because having spikes on something you have to carry and wear tends to be a bad idea. Especially when using that something to take blows from weapons.

Lewsean

I actually like the uniforms from both sides. However, the Stormcloak Officer armor is more fantasy than the other armors because having spikes on something you have to carry and wear tends to be a bad idea. Especially when using that something to take blows from weapons.
Fully spiked body armor was actually used for bear bating/hunting in the 1800's in Siberia. And if you do a bit of research you will find that helmets/gauntlets/boots throughout history did actually have spikes/pointed edges.

LegateFasendil

Imperial Legate
True, the Empire is no spring chicken but... it doesn't matter. Everyone for right now has to stand together and find common ground or else everything will be destroyed.

Whatever happens after that, happens. I wouldn't expect the Empire to last forever, however, without the Empire everyone will be gobbled up a piece at a time by the Thalmor, as is their proven MO.
I don't agree that the Empire is needed, right now more of the human races in Tamriel would stand together in their common distaste for the Empire than anything else. Before the Empire, Tamriel has dealt with much larger problems than the Thalmor and managed to get through it just fine. It's rather annoying that most people think Tamriel must unite under the Empire or fail, rather than the Empire failing because it refuses to do what the rest of us want. The Empire has already shown it doesn't have what it takes to deal with this particular problem(This is not an insult to the Empire, the Oblivion crisis was solved in large part thanks to them). The Empire just doesn't have the stones to make that extra step, the Thalmor could've been dealt with at the end of the Great War, but the Emperor chose the safe way out instead, which doesn't solve anything.

All in all, the Empire dug it's own grave by caving to demands that the people would never accept.

Hmmm. I wonder if the Empire shouldn't go ahead and just cut all ties with Skyrim. From Oblivion I knew Nords were full of it, couldn't stop talking about themselves.

Fort however, at least half of Skyrim does NOT share your point of view.

Lewsean

True, the Empire is no spring chicken but... it doesn't matter. Everyone for right now has to stand together and find common ground or else everything will be destroyed.

Whatever happens after that, happens. I wouldn't expect the Empire to last forever, however, without the Empire everyone will be gobbled up a piece at a time by the Thalmor, as is their proven MO.
I don't agree that the Empire is needed, right now more of the human races in Tamriel would stand together in their common distaste for the Empire than anything else. Before the Empire, Tamriel has dealt with much larger problems than the Thalmor and managed to get through it just fine. It's rather annoying that most people think Tamriel must unite under the Empire or fail, rather than the Empire failing because it refuses to do what the rest of us want. The Empire has already shown it doesn't have what it takes to deal with this particular problem(This is not an insult to the Empire, the Oblivion crisis was solved in large part thanks to them). The Empire just doesn't have the stones to make that extra step, the Thalmor could've been dealt with at the end of the Great War, but the Emperor chose the safe way out instead, which doesn't solve anything.

All in all, the Empire dug it's own grave by caving to demands that the people would never accept.

Hmmm. I wonder if the Empire shouldn't go ahead and just cut all ties with Skyrim. From Oblivion I knew Nords were full of it, couldn't stop talking about themselves.

I've been over this numerous times, more than half DOES, the ones you claim don't, really just don't give a damn. Whiterun was on the fence and only allows Imperial support after receiving false documents, Falkreath's Jarl was overthrown and replaced with a corrupt pro-Imperial Jarl, Markarth is OWNED by the Silver-Bloods, a pro-Stormcloak family, and Morthal just doesn't care.

LegateFasendil

Imperial Legate

I've been over this numerous times, more than half DOES, the ones you claim don't, really just don't give a damn. Whiterun was on the fence and only allows Imperial support after receiving false documents, Falkreath's Jarl was overthrown and replaced with a corrupt pro-Imperial Jarl, Markarth is OWNED by the Silver-Bloods, a pro-Stormcloak family, and Morthal just doesn't care.

State your opinion a 1000 times if it will make you feel better. The blood of those who will not follow Ulfric or surrender Skyrim stains your Halo. Simply put, Stormcloaks are the weakest link. The Empire made concessions but didn't give up. By turning on your Imperial brethren in the face of the Thalmor you are pulling the pin on the grenade, doing the Thalmor's dirty work, bringing shame to the game.

If this was any other time I would say such Nords are unworthy of calling themselves Imperial citizens.

No sacrifice - No victory. If you are unwilling to sacrifice your comfort so the Empire can fight this thing with you - you will never win on your own. Like a spoiled child, all the Thalmor has to do is give you everything you want until there's nothing left.

And another thing ~ Stop telling people the Empire lied about the Intel it gave Jarl B.

#1) We don't really know what it was
#2) Ulfric did attack Whiterun, was preparing to do so for some time and had a forw ops base in Whiterun Hold.

Had the Empire not been there to stop Ulfric, Whiterun would have fallen. So you have no grounds to say the Empire was lieing, esp when it was the Stormcloaks who made the fist move by attacking the Hold.

Embellishing something is not a bad thing, Ulfric gave quite a few speeches himself. It's a common technique used in Speechcraft esp on Diplomatic channels. Unless you're going to sit there and lie about Ulfric not being biased - I don't believe you.

Last edited:

Lewsean

State your opinion a 1000 times if it will make you feel better. The blood of those who will not follow Ulfric or surrender Skyrim stains your Halo. Simply put, Stormcloaks are the weakest link. The Empire made concessions but didn't give up. By turning on your Imperial brethren in the face of the Thalmor you are pulling the pin on the grenade, doing the Thalmor's dirty work, bringing shame to the game.

If this was any other time I would say such Nords are unworthy of calling themselves Imperial citizens.

No sacrifice - No victory. If you are unwilling to sacrifice your comfort so the Empire can fight this thing with you - you will never win on your own. All the Thalmor has to do is give you everything you want until there's nothing left.
It's not an opinion lmao, play the game, walk around the towns and you will see. You can't speak about sacrifice, the Empire hasn't sacrificed anything except it's people.. What has Cyrodill given up? NOTHING. The Empire doesn't want to fight WITH anyone, you want everyone to do as they're told regardless of how it effects them. You have no qualms in signing treatys that screw over your citizens, you don't deserve to rule anything.

LegateFasendil

Imperial Legate

No sacrifice - No victory. If you are unwilling to sacrifice your comfort so the Empire can fight this thing with you - you will never win on your own. All the Thalmor has to do is give you everything you want until there's nothing left.
It's not an opinion lmao, play the game, walk around the towns and you will see. You can't speak about sacrifice, the Empire hasn't sacrificed anything except it's people.. What has Cyrodill given up? NOTHING. The Empire doesn't want to fight WITH anyone, you want everyone to do as they're told regardless of how it effects them. You have no qualms in signing treatys that screw over your citizens, you don't deserve to rule anything.

Another thing please stop telling me and others 'to go play the game'. Truth be told I've prob put in more hours than most people here. :cool:

Most of the war was fought down in Cyrodil. Thalmor occupied cities and tore the place apart - Skyrim was spared this for the most part.

Legions from all over the Empire were crushed trying to hold the Thalmor back... Not just Nords, but Orcs, Altmer, Imperials, Bretons, Redguards, Rick James, everyone in the Legion threw themselves under the bus to protect Skyrim's freedom(s) from the Thalmor.

What was learned however, was that Skyrim's freedoms weren't the only thing at stake but the Empire itself as the Thalmor's objective changed during the War.

So we can speak about sacrifice, as both the Empire AND Cyrodil sacrificed everything for Skyrim whereas... had Cyrodil not done so, Skyrim wouldn't be where it is now, it would be a war zone like Southern Hammerfell. Furthermore, all Provincial leadership including the High King of Skyrim at the time (whom Ulfric says was a true Nord), approved the WGC.

Now about this 'doing what you're told' - That's you guys. Ulfric is very heavy handed towards the other Jarls at the end of game, not to mention towards 'his' own people. Who is it that's stopping the Moot from meeting, Ulfric. Who is it that's oppressing non-Nords, Ulfric.

Given the pl*psty job he's done at Windhelm - He doesn't deserve to rule anything.

The Nords of old were always oppressive towards each other and everyone else, it was the Empire of Talos that brought freedom and money into Skyrim.

Last edited:

Raijin

A Mage that loves a Templar
Ironically, the Empire signed the WGC because they did win. Timing. Timing is everything by dear Raijin. And destroying an Empire to win a war is no victory. Talos would understand this.

What are you talking about? The Empire did not win the Great war. They didn't get nothing out of it other than a treaty that pissed off a lot of people. Destroying an empire to win a war is in fact a victory. What kind of Skooma have you been using?

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:White-Gold_Concordat

Emperor Titus Mede II made these concessions to the Thalmor hierarchy in order to give the Imperial Legion time to recover its strength, as it had been decimated in the Battle of the Red Ring.

Nice try thought.

The Redguards of Hammerfell, however, refused to accept the terms of the White-Gold Concordat, and continued to resist the Thalmor. This forced Titus Mede to officially renounce Hammerfell as a province of the Empire in order to preserve the peace stipulated in the treaty. Viewing this as a betrayal, Hammerfell became an independent state, and managed to fight the Dominion to a standstill, culminating in the signing of the Second Treaty of Stros M'Kai five years later in 4E 180, which stipulated that all Aldmeri forces withdraw from Hammerfell.

Losing an entire province over a treaty is not winning but losing. The Empire no longer has Hammerfell at their side because of their betrayal.

Face it Imperial... you lost!

LegateFasendil

Imperial Legate
Ironically, the Empire signed the WGC because they did win. Timing. Timing is everything by dear Raijin. And destroying an Empire to win a war is no victory. Talos would understand this.

What are you talking about? The Empire did not win the Great war. They didn't get nothing out of it other than a treaty that pissed off a lot of people. Destroying an empire to win a war is in fact a victory. What kind of Skooma have you been using?

Emperor Titus Mede II made these concessions to the Thalmor hierarchy in order to give the Imperial Legion time to recover its strength, as it had been decimated in the Battle of the Red Ring.

Nice try thought.

The Redguards of Hammerfell, however, refused to accept the terms of the White-Gold Concordat, and continued to resist the Thalmor. This forced Titus Mede to officially renounce Hammerfell as a province of the Empire in order to preserve the peace stipulated in the treaty. Viewing this as a betrayal, Hammerfell became an independent state, and managed to fight the Dominion to a standstill, culminating in the signing of the Second Treaty of Stros M'Kai five years later in 4E 180, which stipulated that all Aldmeri forces withdraw from Hammerfell.

Losing an entire province over a treaty is not winning but losing. The Empire no longer has Hammerfell at their side because of their betrayal.

You know, the inexperience at solving life-problems is blatantly obvious on the Stormcloak side.

Life is not black and white. If you feel that way - You will always lose something.

The problem with Ulfric and you guys - There is no middle ground with you. And anyone who doesn't agree with you is beneath you.

By that right alone - You are not fit to rule.

Last edited:

LegateFasendil

Imperial Legate

Nice try thought.

Again - What is wrong with you? Hammerfell never really was an Imperial Province. The Empire lost nothing by letting them go. Besides, like Morrowind, they wanted to leave anyways. Would Ulfric let say... 'Riften' or 'Whiterun' just leave?

Lost? The Empire survived. That is what they won. They won the right to live. The Thalmor are using you to do what they cannot. Thalmor Dossier on Ulfric confirms this.

Every day the Empire lives, the Thalmor lose.

LONG LIVE THE EMPIRE

Last edited:

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
I don't agree that the Empire is needed, right now more of the human races in Tamriel would stand together in their common distaste for the Empire than anything else. Before the Empire, Tamriel has dealt with much larger problems than the Thalmor and managed to get through it just fine.

Actually majority of the problems in Tamriel arise when an Empire falls and the gap between another rising. The more provinces break away from the Empire (All three Empires), the more they lose the common focus and ultimately end up caring about/doing their own thing. The Nords have a very conflicting nature, Ulfric controlling all of Skyrim with his soldiers from the Old Holds spreads his forces too thin. Not even Jorunn Skald-King ruled all of Skyrim.

The Thalmor represent the greatest threat to mankind, their skill in espionage and creating dissent is unmatched. They were able to cause a Civil War in Skyrim, manipulate the Khajiit after they assassinated the Mane, take Valenwood in a small and bloody effective coup and were able to cause the Stormcrown Interregnum which fractured the Empire into total war for seven long years. They crippled Cyrodiil and devastated Hammerfell in the Great War, and Skyrim is now greatly weakened from the rebellion.

Which larger problem was there? Name me one faction that can compare to what they've been able to achieve in the last two hundred years?

Whiterun's Court is heavily Imperial favored. Dengeir was removed by his own nobles, Silver-Bloods are crap and the man with intelligence in the family is drug/potion influenced. (Besides Riften is controlled by Maven so that swings both ways) Morthal doesn't care either side. Dawnstar citizens prefer Brina, Winterhold doesn't care but the College is on better terms with the Imperial sided Jarl.

Quarter of Ulfric's city is in a state of unrest, if he keeps going his current course he'll end up like Jarl Elgryr the Unminded of Windhelm.

Ozan

the Magnificent Bastard

Nice try thought.

Again - What is wrong with you? Hammerfell never really was an Imperial Province. The Empire lost nothing by letting them go. Besides, like Morrowind, they wanted to leave anyways. Would Ulfric let say... 'Riften' or 'Whiterun' just leave?

Lost? The Empire survived. That is what they won. They won the right to live. The Thalmor are using you to do what they cannot. Thalmor Dossier on Ulfric confirms this.

LONG LIVE THE EMPIRE

Oh, so Morrowind and Hammerfell can govern themselves but Skyrim can't? That's Racist.

J

Jeremius

Oh, so Morrowind and Hammerfell can govern themselves but Skyrim can't? That's Racist.

I believe that Morrowind was able to govern itself because it was never a subject of the Empire, but a part via a treaty. Unsure of Morrowind, but @DrunkenMage says they were not, so I think they also had a treaty.

Ozan

the Magnificent Bastard

I believe that Morrowind was able to govern itself because it was never a subject of the Empire, but a part via a treaty. Unsure of Morrowind, but @DrunkenMage says they were not, so I think they also had a treaty.

Drunken Mage says a lot of things. Saying they were not part of the empire is incorrect. They were a part of the empire but had a far larger degree of autonomy.

"Much to the surprise of almost everyone, no such conflict occurred at the rise of the Third Empire, and Tiber Septim's ambitions of conquest were fulfilled through diplomacy. Vivec and Tiber Septim reached an agreement in the Armistice around 2E 896. The Dunmer became Imperial citizens and submitted to Imperial occupation and the incursion of Cyrodilic institutions and business interests, but retained self-rule, house traditions, and religious practices. Vivec secretly supplied the Emperor's agents with the golem Numidium as part of this deal."

-uesp

Morrowind left the Empire after the Oblivion Crisis in which the Imperial Legion practically abandoned Morrowind and other provinces to defend Cyrodiil. Hlaalu, which had very close ties with the Imperials, were cast down as a Great House simply because of those ties.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage

Hammerfell felt it wasn't a subject. While Hammerfell's status as a province remained, a remark from almost two hundred years later stated that the Redguards felt that they "are part of the Empire, but not a subject."

Tell me when was the last time Skyrim was able to govern itself, united and independent? It isn't being racist, the Nords have a conflicting nature. They were split in half at the fall of the Second Empire, most likely stayed split for 465 years until Tiber united Tamriel under the Third Empire.

The Stormcloaks require Ulfric, none of the other Jarls would be suited for the crown on their side. It is very likely Tullius and Ulfric will die, and it is very doubtful the Moot will be able to name a successor of this new independent Skyrim. What happens when the Moot is unable to name a new King? Right now a Civil War for the throne, same thing that happened in the Second Era the province split in half, same thing that happened in the First Era with the fifty year long War of Succession. Probably also the same damn thing that was happening over in Atmora with a Civil War during the Merethic Era.

Skyrim has every right being independent, but splitting away on the brink of a second war between the Empire and Aldmeri Dominion? Over the White-Gold Concordat that was poorly enforced and isn't going to remain for much longer? Stormcloaks offer a short term solution, isolation of their province and open the door to greater Thalmor espionage.

Drunken Mage says a lot of things.

Indeed I do, what happened to being a Khajiit?

Last edited:

Raijin

You know, the inexperience at solving life-problems is blatantly obvious on the Stormcloak side.

Life is not black and white. If you feel that way - You will always lose something.

The problem with Ulfric and you guys - There is no middle ground with you. And anyone who doesn't agree with you is beneath you.

By that right alone - You are not fit to rule.

Are you getting mad now? The overwhelming frustrations must be getting to you considering the fact that the Lore strongly disagrees with you, yet you want to pretend that what I'm saying is inconstant. You seem to be incapable of facing reality. You are so Pro Imperial/Empire that you can't even comprehend the idea that they can lose to a fight.

Actually that is your logic considering the fact that the Empire seems to believe that a province would fall so deep into barbarism and lawlessness without Imperial intervention.

http://cs.uesp.net/index.php?game=sr&formid=0x000c347c

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
You can't speak about sacrifice, the Empire hasn't sacrificed anything except it's people.. What has Cyrodill given up? NOTHING. The Empire doesn't want to fight WITH anyone, you want everyone to do as they're told regardless of how it effects them. You have no qualms in signing treatys that screw over your citizens, you don't deserve to rule anything.

Cyrodiil is just the seat of the Empire, every sacrifice made by others within the Empire is still a sacrifice the Empire has made. The fact remains that Talos is a God in the Imperial religion, and the Empire can do whatever it wants with their religion. Talos is an important God to Imperials too.

Cyrodiil during the Great War suffered greatly, sacrificed many lives trying to preserve the Empire. People making sacrifices for the Empire, are the Empire. Entire cities were razed and looted, villages were destroyed, innocent men, women and children were slaughtered. The province was in flames, those who fled Cyrodiil make mention that the Thalmor destroyed everything. So besides Cyrodiil giving up city after city, village after village, thousands of lives lost trying to defend themselves in the Great War, also agreeing to ban the worship of the Talos who is very important to them too. Besides all that, they've sacrificed nothing...

What did Skyrim give up? What did the Nords sacrifice? Their cities weren't burning, their citizens weren't fleeing and being slaughtered by the thousands. They agreed to a poorly enforced Talos ban? Where no one even paid much attention to, having their little shrines. Only those screaming about Talos in public being arrested.

Raijin

LONG LIVE THE EMPIRE

I'm starting to get a migraine from reading this inconsistent post of yours. Are you going to tell me that Hammerfell wasn't really an Imperial own province? Is that what you're trying to tell me? The Empire lost nothing by letting them go? Are you serious bro? You can't be. I may not be a General but losing an entire province is BAD NEWS and bad for the Empire as far as power and strength goes.