Imperials or Stormcloaks, what one?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Rimfaxe96

It wasn't thought out well, since as someone as already stated Stormcloaks are very much against non-nords or anybody who doesn't think Talos is the end all to be all. I do find it hard to believe that none people that worked on the game brought it up, as to how a dark or high elf could join the stormcloaks it makes no sense from a role playing aspect. Of course by the time they had the homer simpson light bulb go off, and the D'Oh come out it had already came out, and no one would admit it was a dumb idea.

Skyrim was rushed to release because of the epic 11.11.11 date, so a vast majority of big questlines lost much of their 'juice'. If you search for unused game content you'll find a lot, even this whole pit arena thing wasn't added (that's basically like they'd released Oblivion without the Fighters Guild, but yeah, thankfully we got the Companions in Skyrim Bethesda gave the title to; just without the fighting...)
Still hoping for people to make mods to restore all that game content. There already are a few but many have been abandoned, I think the biggest project of that sort was also made by people who required/demanded/asked for donations.

To be honest each group are one cheek of an ass, put them together and you have a complete ass, the problem with either a dark elf or high elf joining Ulfric, it would make him a hypocrite, even if he's doing it for power alone, true believers would question his real belief in the cause, it would also make your character a traitor to his people. Same thing with doing dark brotherhood first then doing Imp side. Rping means your character stays true, well unless the character suffers from a split personality and hears voices. Best just leave carnage in your wake and kill them all, and let the gods sort it out.

Jurgarik Greycloak

Techno master of Tamriel.
To be honest each group are one cheek of an ass, put them together and you have a complete ass, the problem with either a dark elf or high elf joining Ulfric, it would make him a hypocrite, even if he's doing it for power alone, true believers would question his real belief in the cause, it would also make your character a traitor to his people. Same thing with doing dark brotherhood first then doing Imp side. Rping means your character stays true, well unless the character suffers from a split personality and hears voices. Best just leave carnage in your wake and kill them all, and let the gods sort it out.

There are several reasons an assassin would kill the Emperor then join the legion. Also a few reasons an Elf would join the Stormcloaks. Maybe the elf feels that the Nords have lost the meaning of their people and decided that what the Empire did to the Nords is just as bad as the Nords allowing it to happen.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
People seem to forget that there were Legionnaires plotting to kill Emperor Uriel VII. I could always see an assassin joining the Empire, the Talos Cult is one RP aspect. They're always plotting to kill an Emperor they consider weak so a stronger person can take the throne.

Probably why Titus Mede was loved by his men, he was a strong Emperor and the Legions respected him. Titus Mede plopss on Talos, he took the Imperial City with 1000 men, then crushed an rebellion with barely twice that. He won Skyrim through respect, not by being Dragonborn.

Dar'Roch

I don't even know, I've never really done either part of the civil war. Honestly though I feel like I'd pick the Stormcloaks. If they weren't so anti- everything else.

Epic Keith

By Ysmir you're going to FREEZE to death!
I don't even know, I've never really done either part of the civil war. Honestly though I feel like I'd pick the Stormcloaks. If they weren't so anti- everything else.

Don't start the civil war quest. Or else you'd be attracted to this thread like a moth. ALso the civil war quest was really sucky. the main reason I downloaded a mod for it

Raijin

A Mage that loves a Templar

Don't start the civil war quest. Or else you'd be attracted to this thread like a moth. ALso the civil war quest was really sucky. the main reason I downloaded a mod for it

Yeah the civil war questline is sucky sucky. Thank the maker for mods.

Dar'Roch

Yeah the civil war questline is sucky sucky. Thank the maker for mods.

Thanks guys :)

Raijin

Jurgarik Greycloak

Mage are you back on the Legion's side or something?

I do not think DrunkenMage has a side. Think the "side" is whichever side is losing, just to keep the thread going.

When will DrunkenMage realize that siding with the Empire is like selling your soul to the devil? Because that's exactly what you're doing when you join forces with the Imperials.

Like I said, I think that DrunkenMage just goes with whichever side is losing the thread just to keep it going. Addiction to the thread is as bad as any real addiction.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
I can debate both sides. I switched to the Stormcloaks for something new to try, then later went back to Imperial because I got bored. I favor Imperials, am drawn to them while playing Skyrim.

When will DrunkenMage realize that siding with the Empire is like selling your soul to the devil? Because that's exactly what you're doing when you join forces with the Imperials.

I'm not overly fond of siding with a faction that depends on Ulfric Stormcloak, who seeks to be made a martyr. Most likely why he surrendered to Tullius in the beginning, so not to die in the forest.

I guess it could be a personal thing? I just dislike a leader who seeks glory, songs and wants to die a hero. Those types of people tend to get those who follow them killed in war. Besides you kill Tullius, the Empire still stands. Kill Ulfric Stormcloak and the Stormcloaks are all but done, the last of them in hidden camps.

Jurgarik Greycloak

I can debate both sides. I switched to the Stormcloaks for something new to try, then later went back to Imperial because I got bored. I favor Imperials, am drawn to them while playing Skyrim.

I'm not overly fond of siding with a faction that depends on Ulfric Stormcloak, who seeks to be made a martyr. Most likely why he surrendered to Tullius in the beginning, so not to die in the forest.

I guess it could be a personal thing? I just dislike a leader who seeks glory, songs and wants to die a hero. Those types of people tend to get those who follow them killed in war. Besides you kill Tullius, the Empire still stands. Kill Ulfric Stormcloak and the Stormcloaks are all but done, the last of them in hidden camps.

And I dislike a faction who just gives into the same terms that started the great war in the first place without any attempt at a negotiation. but I can side with either one on any character. You know why? Because I do not rely on lore or facts to guide what my character is.

Epic Keith

SO you'd rather side with the one that strips away your rights. The one that led to a war that had no gain?

Jurgarik Greycloak

SO you'd rather side with the one that strips away your rights. The one that led to a war that had no gain?

The Greybeards are the right side.

Epic Keith

Yeah I know...main reason I'm now a neutral party. But if I had to take a side I would take the Stormcloaks

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage

Thanks to that side you still have rights. Actually all your rights are from that side, so what are you getting at? If it wasn't for the Empire, what rights would you have? To worship any God? No, they were quite intolerant of other religions before the Empire. Quite violently if I remember correctly, the Nords would burn temples and put Priests to the stake.

The Empire didn't lead anyone to war, their hand was forced by the Thalmor. They were attacked and yes, they ended up losing too much to continue fighting. So the Emperor chose peace, instead of a good song.

You'd rather leave your fate in the hands of Ulfric? He who commanded his men to put their swords down so he might not have to die in a forest? That he could become a martyr? So his men could be killed without swords in their hands.

He puts himself first. Can you name one thing Ulfric has done that hasn't been to further his ambitions or image?

The Stormcloaks are just a rebellion twenty years too late. Not once did the Jarls make a move against Istlod. Wait until the Legions move south to prepare for war against the Aldmeri Dominion to strike? Making the problems they now fight against. It is one thing for the Stormcloaks to be fighting out of necessity, another to be fighting the actions they caused.

Frozen Nord

I'm honestly torn. I sympathize with both sides. When I first started playing Skyrim when it launched, I always went with the Stormcloaks. But now I tend to go with the Imperials. In either case, it's really the Thalmor that are the real threat. One thing that really troubles me is how Torygg looked up to Ulfric and, according to Sybille Stentor, probably would have declared independence if Ulfric asked him to.

Generally I feel that... the Empire is the least intolerant power in Tamriel. And they've just been forced into a difficult and unpleasent situation that they hate being in. Just the way Ulfric regards the dunmer makes me uneasy.

I also think that the more divided the rest of Tamriel is, the less able it'd be to defend against the Thalmor. But... in my own personal head-canon, I always imagine that, after Skyrim, the Dragonborn reconstitutes the Empire, regardless of which side they supported (either by taking charge of the Empire if they supported it, or taking over it if they supported the Stormcloaks), and starts a new dragon-blooded dynasty of emperors declares war on the Dominion, and even manages to convince Hammerfell to rejoin the empire (since they'd be happy to with the war declaration), and at least get Morrowind and Black Marsh to form military alliances against the Thalmor. But that's just my wishful thinking.

Raijin

I'm not overly fond with a government who allows another government to put harms way against their own people over a treaty that doesn't benefit much from the people but to clearly favor the government whose working hard to take over the world. So far in Skyrim I've seen nothing but destruction that is resulted of the White-Gold Concordat that the Emperor signed just so that he can still be on the throne and live the life of luxury from the taxes that he collects from the hard working Nords.

We have bards who are being kidnapped late at night by the Thalmor because the only crime that they did was to sing about Talos.

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Flight_from_the_Thalmor

The Emperor betrayed the blades as he signed (when he agreed with the White-Gold Concordat) a massive genocide of all of the blades members.

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Bolar's_Writ

Thalmor are given OK by the Empire to slaughter innocent Talos worshipers.

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Shrine_of_Talos_Massacre

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Lorcalin's_Orders

And so much more.

So please tell me again why you dislike Ulfric Stormcloak so much and compare that to what the Empire has done to the people that they're suppose to protect.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts