Imperials or Stormcloaks, what one?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

NENALATA

Last King of the Ayleids - RETIRED
It's very simple. Sources from Lore confirm the Dominion conquered those cities. Some say Chorrol, but that's ok. We'll let you have that one. :)

Stands to reason, the Dominion wouldn't have just left the cities without any kind of guard(s). That's why when they say, "All Available" forces were sent to Red Ring, that's what they mean. Guards and whatever occupying those cities weren't going to just leave them empty.

Mr.Self Destruct

Chosen Undead
All AVAILABLE soldiers were thrown into battle at Red Ring. Not the entire Thalmor army.

It says clear as day that the Thalmor army in Cyrodiil was completely wiped out. That includes any and all troops that might have been garrisoned in cities. The fact is that after the Battle of the Red Ring, the Thalmor armies in Cyrodiil simply fell apart. There's nothing to indicate that there was enough Thalmor troops left after the Battle of the Red Ring in Cyrodiil to continue the war.

When Lord Naarifin was hung from the tower and the Imperial City was retaken, the Thalmor's ranks in Cyrodiil collapsed.

Furthermore, it's debatable whether or not the Thalmor really left Cyrodil at all. Cicero's journal talks about fire bolts taking out the speaker. Could be the Thalmor still hold souther and western Cyrodil (Colovia) and the Emperor just wanted to stop the war.

This hardly proves anything, being able to use basic spells like fire bolts isn't a rare sight in Tamriel. Hell, your character in Oblivion starts off with it.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
In 4E 174, the Thalmor leadership committed all available forces to the campaign in Cyrodiil, gambling on a decisive victory to end the war once and for all.

The Dominion didn't hold Chorrol, else they would have noticed a giant army next to them. One army, with the legions from Hammerfell under General Decianus, was hidden in the Colovian Highlands near Chorrol.

The Aldmeri Dominion's forces that held Bravil and Skingrad were defeated. Lord Naarifin was taken by surprise by Decianus's assault, but Jonna's troops faced bitter resistance as the Aldmeri counterattacked from Bravil and Skingrad. The heroic Nord legionnaires held firm, however, beating off the piecemeal Aldmeri attacks.

Their forces were blocked so they couldn't have retreated to go reoccupy those cities.

An attempt by the Aldmeri to break out of the city to the south was blocked by the unbreakable shieldwall of General Jonna's battered legions.

In the end, the main Aldmeri army in Cyrodiil was completely destroyed.

Do you understand what completely destroyed means? You can't suddenly be in occupation with nothing left. Be like saying the Empire occupied Summerset isles still, false and contradicts lore.

Cicero's Journal mentions Bravil erupting into violence between two Skooma gang factions.

The situation in Bravil grows more dire. The city has erupted in violence, due to a war of control being waged by Cyrodiil's two largest skooma traffickers.

NENALATA

@Dawnstar Breton

Hmmm. Oh Really?!?

Think so eh? The truth is I've recently been pondering this very thing and ult I came to the conclusion that High Elves really are Superior.

- We're Taller
- We start with more Magic than Bretons, 100 vs 50. This means, I can cast 1) Higher lvl spells sooner, 2) More magic over you so I have the high ground
- Your 50% Res to Mag ability is amazing! But is your strength only in the short term. We start with a bonus to enchanting and all magical schools. Creating a strong Res to Magic whether by spell or armor is only a matter of time
- You have no starting bonus to Destr or Ench
- Your Dragonskin ability is redundant and obsolete. All I have to do is wait you out, once your 60 sec is up, you're mine. Furthermore, Highborn is far more useful and gives me the extra Magic I need on top of what I already have, to use my mind to annihilate entire armies... of Imperial Legions. Like what we did to them in the war.
- We're also virtually immune to Disease, but not poison unfort. So our Genes are more advanced than yours.

I also FORGOT to mention we're masters of Illusion. Seriously, no joke, I just fought my way thru Helgen and you know the massive group of Stormcloaks at the end? Using Fury I had them so screwed up and turning on each other! :) It was off the shizzle fo rizzle. I had them so confused, by the time they snapped out of it, everyone one of them was dead.

So yes, we are Superior to men, even half-breeds such as yourself.

NENALATA

In 4E 174, the Thalmor leadership committed all available forces to the campaign in Cyrodiil, gambling on a decisive victory to end the war once and for all.

The Dominion didn't hold Chorrol, else they would have noticed a giant army next to them. One army, with the legions from Hammerfell under General Decianus, was hidden in the Colovian Highlands near Chorrol.

The Aldmeri Dominion's forces that held Bravil and Skingrad were defeated. Lord Naarifin was taken by surprise by Decianus's assault, but Jonna's troops faced bitter resistance as the Aldmeri counterattacked from Bravil and Skingrad. The heroic Nord legionnaires held firm, however, beating off the piecemeal Aldmeri attacks.

Their forces were blocked so they couldn't have retreated to go reoccupy those cities.

An attempt by the Aldmeri to break out of the city to the south was blocked by the unbreakable shieldwall of General Jonna's battered legions.

In the end, the main Aldmeri army in Cyrodiil was completely destroyed.

Do you understand what completely destroyed means? You can't suddenly be in occupation with nothing left. Be like saying the Empire occupied Summerset isles still, false and contradicts lore.

Cicero's Journal mentions Bravil erupting into violence between two Skooma gang factions.

The situation in Bravil grows more dire. The city has erupted in violence, due to a war of control being waged by Cyrodiil's two largest skooma traffickers.

It says we committed "ALL AVAILABLE FORCES" to this battle at Red Ring. Do you understand what AVAILABLE means? As opposed to EVERY or ALL FORCES. You gots to learns how to reed in between the lines "Drunken Mage".

I had already said we didn't have Chorrol.

"The Aldmeri Dominion's forces that held Bravil and Skingrad were defeated" Oh were they. :) Source please.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
Thalmor leadership committed all available forces into Cyrodiil. Forces from Valenwood, not little cities.

In 4E 174, the Thalmor leadership committed all available forces to the campaign in Cyrodiil, gambling on a decisive victory to end the war once and for all. During the spring, Aldmeri reinforcements gathered in southern Cyrodiil, and on 12th of Second Seed, they launched a massive assault on the Imperial City itself.

Dawnstar Guard

Defender of the Pale
@Dawnstar Breton

Hmmm. Oh Really?!?

Think so eh? The truth is I've recently been pondering this very thing and ult I came to the conclusion that High Elves really are Superior.

- We're Taller
- We start with more Magic than Bretons, 100 vs 50. This means, I can cast 1) Higher lvl spells sooner, 2) More magic over you so I have the high ground
- Your 50% Res to Mag ability is amazing! But is your strength only in the short term. We start with a bonus to enchanting and all magical schools. Creating a strong Res to Magic whether by spell or armor is only a matter of time
- You have no starting bonus to Destr or Ench
- Your Dragonskin ability is redundant and obsolete. All I have to do is wait you out, once your 60 sec is up, you're mine. Furthermore, Highborn is far more useful and gives me the extra Magic I need on top of what I already have, to use my mind to annihilate entire armies... of Imperial Legions. Like what we did to them in the war.
- We're also virtually immune to Disease, but not poison unfort. So our Genes are more advanced than yours.

So yes, we are Superior to men, even half-breeds such as yourself.

well you think a breton battlemage would just let you stand there for a minute you would die before you try to use your petty elven weapons

NENALATA

Dawnstar Guard

I believe the Necromancer in Oblivion said it best when she said: "You will dance for me little one, yes you will. Then I'll make your corpse tear itself apart."

So no, I don't expect you to just stand there. ;)

NENALATA

Thalmor leadership committed all available forces into Cyrodiil. Forces from Valenwood, not little cities.

In 4E 174, the Thalmor leadership committed all available forces to the campaign in Cyrodiil, gambling on a decisive victory to end the war once and for all. During the spring, Aldmeri reinforcements gathered in southern Cyrodiil, and on 12th of Second Seed, they launched a massive assault on the Imperial City itself.

Not necessarily. Furthermore, it appears you've jumped from the battle of Red Ring, to the actual invasion of the White Gold Tower. With more or less a year's time difference between events. :/

Mr.Self Destruct

Chosen Undead
What difference would it even make if a few Thalmor stragglers were left in the cities? The fact is that Aldmeri armies which had been preparing for the better part of a century suffered decisive military defeat against an unprepared and weakened Imperial Legion.

NENALATA

What difference would it even make if a few Thalmor stragglers were left in the cities? The fact is that Aldmeri armies which had been preparing for the better part of a century suffered decisive military defeat against an unprepared and weakened Imperial Legion.

Ask your Emperor. His Legions were to run down to perform effectively and with these cities still under our Administration, he would have been forced to try and Siege them one by one. Meanwhile, fresh troops would have arrived and while TMII is Sieging say... "Bravil", we could have started more trouble in Cheydinhal.

The Imperial army would have died a slow, agonizing death as we sat back and watched you chase your tails all over Cyrodil. :)

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage

Ask your Emperor. His Legions were to run down to perform effectively and with these cities still under our Administration, he would have been forced to try and Siege them one by one. Meanwhile, fresh troops would have arrived and while TMII is Sieging say... "Bravil", we could have started more trouble in Cheydinhal.

The Imperial army would have died a slow, agonizing death as we sat back and watched you chase your tails all over Cyrodil. :)

Do you even have one actual argument that isn't your own personal head canon?

NENALATA

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Battle_of_the_Red_Ring

What it actually says is that more forces were sent from the cities of Bravil and Skingrad to try and open back up the road so we could evacuate the Primary force in Imperial city.

So there you go, Thank You Drunken Mage for helping to prove two or my points.

1) That every Thalmor soldier left in Cyrodil was not at IC
2) That the Thalmor had forces guarding the cities still which could have held out longer for fresh troops to arrive from the Dominion.

NENALATA

30811.jpg
NENALATA said:
What difference would it even make if a few Thalmor stragglers were left in the cities? The fact is that Aldmeri armies which had been preparing for the better part of a century suffered decisive military defeat against an unprepared and weakened Imperial Legion.​

Ask your Emperor. His Legions were to run down to perform effectively and with these cities still under our Administration, he would have been forced to try and Siege them one by one. Meanwhile, fresh troops would have arrived and while TMII is Sieging say... "Bravil", we could have started more trouble in Cheydinhal.​
Do you even have one actual argument that isn't your own personal head canon?

Do you? Everything I've said is supported by Lore. Everything. And not just Wiki's either. Please don't be mad at me for stating the facts.

Now, Dagmar would always resort to referring to other's arguments as "Headcannon" whenever she was losing.

Therefore, I would ask, are you ready to sign the WGC Drunken Mage?

I would think the Empire is use to... losing by now, but you never know.

Dawnstar Guard

Defender of the Pale
Dawnstar Guard

I believe the Necromancer in Oblivion said it best when she said: "You will dance for me little one, yes you will. Then I'll make your corpse tear itself apart."

So no, I don't expect you to just stand there. ;)

pfff you may be a worthy foe but your attitude has made you to many foes in the barracks all the other men want to drive your kind to the ground. a breton can just simply go to a nord and make him fight your people. your skill in battle is no match to the many orcs,bretons,nords,dummer,redguards,imperials, and even the bosmer and kajiit hate you a lot but are forced to join your army.

NENALATA

"@Dawnstar Breton"

We only wish to improve quality of life, for all of Tamriel, why do you resist us?

I also FORGOT to mention we're masters of Illusion. Seriously, no joke, I just fought my way thru Helgen and you know the massive group of Stormcloaks at the end? Using Fury I had them so screwed up and turning on each other! :) It was off the shizzle fo rizzle. I had them so confused, by the time they snapped out of it, everyone one of them was dead.

And not just one or two, I owned their minds ALL OF THEM and they danced until their bodies tore themselves apart. Then Hadvar and Knuclehead showed up and we cleaned shop. No doubt, no doubt.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage

What it actually says is that more forces were sent from the cities of Bravil and Skingrad to try and open back up the road so we could evacuate the Primary force in Imperial city.

2) That the Thalmor had forces guarding the cities still which could have held out longer for fresh troops to arrive from the Dominion.

What the actual lore source says is that reinforcements from Bravil and Skingrad counter attacked the Nord Legions and were defeated. It does not say at all, that the Dominion still held anything in Cyrodiil, nor does it say they were trying to open a road. The Aldmeri were counter attacking the Legions that now threatened Lord Naarifin's forces. The Thalmor Lord was facing not one, not two, but all three armies of the Empire.

Also it doesn't say that the Thalmor had any forces remaining to guard Bravil or Skingrad, nor does it say they could have held out until reinforcements. What the lore source does show us, is that the Aldmeri Dominion couldn't even reinforce their soldiers in Hammerfell, so what makes you believe they would magically have more soldiers for Cyrodiil without leaving Valenwood completely defenseless.

NENALATA

30811.jpg
NENALATA said:

2) That the Thalmor had forces guarding the cities still which could have held out longer for fresh troops to arrive from the Dominion.​
What the actual lore source says is that reinforcements from Bravil and
Skingrad counter attacked the Nord Legions and were defeated. It does not say at all, that the Dominion still held anything in Cyrodiil, nor does it say they were trying to open a road. The Aldmeri were counter attacking the Legions that now threatened Lord Naarifin's forces. The Thalmor Lord was facing not one, not two, but all three armies of the Empire.

Also it doesn't say that the Thalmor had any forces remaining to guard Bravil or Skingrad, nor does it say they could have held out until reinforcements. What the lore source does show us, is that the Aldmeri Dominion couldn't even reinforce their soldiers in Hammerfell, so what makes you believe they would magically have more soldiers for Cyrodiil without leaving Valenwood completely defenseless.

It doesn't have to. You can't prove we didn't, but I can (and have proven) we did. If those forces were indeed coming up from the South and we were trying to escape, then by critical thinking, one could understand the situation better.

Furthermore those Southern Re-forcements were not attacking everone, just trying to loosen up Jodana's? lines to get our people out. It should have worked because the Imperial army was divided an over-zealous in their attack on IC, same as us really. :)

NENALATA

Ok, then by that kind of thinking, I'm sure the Empire left Chorrol, Bravil and Cheydinhal empty, sending everything at Red Ring. Doesn't make sense does it? Of course they're not going to just leave the cities empty. lol We could also suggest that Men Soldiers were conscripted or ordered to help the Thalmor against the Imperial Army at Red Ring or in other places.