Imperials or Stormcloaks, what one?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

KingNLD

If you are talking about the Red Wedding it's not a Elder Scroll reference! :D

hmmm i thought i read it a long time ago on site it have something to do with hammerfall
but more i don't know! :$

KingNLD

It comes in Game of Thrones, Sorry if I confused you

ah wait minute that was i think when i look for awnsers for Imperials/Stormcloaks.
i think i read it then! on a why should i join the imperials side.

but what have it to do with Hammerfall then otherwise i don't get it.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
The problem would be that Xenophobic unwillingness to make dealings with other races, the no buying from anyone who isn't a Nord is one such example. Skyrim alone would take maybe a hundred years to be able to stand on it's own two feet, I don't think Ulfric will put aside hatred for the Empire to accept Imperial aid, this is a man who was hesitant to go to a truce because he thought it would make him appear weak. The Stormcloaks have gone to hostile lengths to remove Imperial influence from Skyrim, are we sure they would suddenly be accepting of Imperial aid. Ulfric found a cease fire to be a sign of weakness, what would he find accepting aid? That would be even worse in his mind.

Hammerfell was devastated from their conflict with the Aldmeri Dominion, it left the southern areas in bad shape. They may have a few cities up and running, their war did last another five years longer than the Great War. The state of their province could be in no shape to render aid to Skyrim, even if Hammerfell would even consider aiding Skyrim. The Empire may have let Hammerfell go, there is that betrayal between them, but it was Skyrim who had actually invaded them and taken many miles of land from the Redguards during the Imperial Simulacrum. Are the Nords willing to hand back that territory, or would Hammerfell take advantage of a weakened Skyrim. Skyrim hasn't been this weakened since the First Era, where they were picked apart by their enemies and they lost their holdings from their First Empire of the Nords.

Without Imperial influence, the provinces have a very hard time working together. Throughout history they have shown with low Imperial influence they would sooner invade and attack each other than work together for the benefit of Tamriel.

What we do know, is that the Empire does not like the Thalmor, they hate them as much as anyone else. The Empire can attack the Aldmeri Dominion, they have already deployed their armies along the Dominion's border. Preparing for this war, would it be wise to wait even longer to attack for Skyrim to rebuild without Imperial assistance or for them to come around and swallow that stubborn pride and join forces with the Empire, everything Ulfric has shown is that he hates the Empire with a passion. Every moment delayed gives the Thalmor longer to gain their strength, in thirty years the Thalmor have been able to cripple three provinces, two by invasion in the great war, another by a single Thalmor asset. What can they do in another thirty years or a hundred years. Their strategy has been divide and conquer, the loss of Summerset Isles, the loss of Valenwood, loss of Elsweyr, loss of Hammerfell and now perhaps the loss of Skyrim.

Three Province Armies doesn't make it stronger, the Aldmeri Dominion has one army, one force united, working together. Three divided armies wouldn't be an advantage for man, but one for the Thalmor.

Epic Keith

By Ysmir you're going to FREEZE to death!
ah wait minute that was i think when i look for awnsers for Imperials/Stormcloaks.
i think i read it then! on a why should i join the imperials side.

but what have it to do with Hammerfall then otherwise i don't get it.

Oh, I was just comparing the two. Hammerfell could turn on Skyrim. You never know!

Epic Keith

What we do know, is that the Empire does not like the Thalmor, they hate them as much as anyone else. The Empire can attack the Aldmeri Dominion, they have already deployed their armies along the Dominion's border. Preparing for this war, would it be wise to wait even longer to attack for Skyrim to rebuild without Imperial assistance or for them to come around and swallow that stubborn pride and join forces with the Empire, everything Ulfric has shown is that he hates the Empire with a passion. Every moment delayed gives the Thalmor longer to gain their strength, in thirty years the Thalmor have been able to cripple three provinces, two by invasion in the great war, another by a single Thalmor asset. What can they do in another thirty years or a hundred years. Their strategy has been divide and conquer, the loss of Summerset Isles, the loss of Valenwood, loss of Elsweyr, loss of Hammerfell and now perhaps the loss of Skyrim.

Three Province Armies doesn't make it stronger, the Aldmeri Dominion has one army, one force united, working together. Three divided armies wouldn't be an advantage for man, but one for the Thalmor.

Why not send your General with fifty Nords? :p

KingNLD

The problem would be that Xenophobic unwillingness to make dealings with other races, the no buying from anyone who isn't a Nord is one such example. Skyrim alone would take maybe a hundred years to be able to stand on it's own two feet, I don't think Ulfric will put aside hatred for the Empire to accept Imperial aid, this is a man who was hesitant to go to a truce because he thought it would make him appear weak. The Stormcloaks have gone to hostile lengths to remove Imperial influence from Skyrim, are we sure they would suddenly be accepting of Imperial aid. Ulfric found a cease fire to be a sign of weakness, what would he find accepting aid? That would be even worse in his mind.

Hammerfell was devastated from their conflict with the Aldmeri Dominion, it left the southern areas in bad shape. They may have a few cities up and running, their war did last another five years longer than the Great War. The state of their province could be in no shape to render aid to Skyrim, even if Hammerfell would even consider aiding Skyrim. The Empire may have let Hammerfell go, there is that betrayal between them, but it was Skyrim who had actually invaded them and taken many miles of land from the Redguards during the Imperial Simulacrum. Are the Nords willing to hand back that territory, or would Hammerfell take advantage of a weakened Skyrim. Skyrim hasn't been this weakened since the First Era, where they were picked apart by their enemies and they lost their holdings from their First Empire of the Nords.

Without Imperial influence, the provinces have a very hard time working together. Throughout history they have shown with low Imperial influence they would sooner invade and attack each other than work together for the benefit of Tamriel.

i agree with the most but not everything.

perhaps they are a one big army the Thalmor but if the empire skyrim and hammerfall fight and work together who knows?

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
I used translate Which can also mean "to explain in terms that can be more easily understood; interpret."
meaning yes you post in English, we then have to make it make sense in English.

Secondly a battle cry such as "Skyrim belongs to the Nords" doesn't really help your point. Also the fact that there's no Stormcloak from any other race. (the DB doesn't count, it a game mechanic)

Lastly you have no room to call someone "Childish", it can be irritating. It doesn't help if someone is already irritated either. My apologies if I've been short or rude...with the day I've had I might need to head over to the Vent/Rage thread. :)
I think it might be more accurate to say that there are no Stormcloaks of any other race with the exception of the character you are currently playing.

I was a Stormie and was an Imperial (type, not allegiance). I actually suffered very little razzing at the hands of the Stormies and even Ulfrich was duly grateful (as grateful as Ulfrich ever was about anyone doing anything for him).

Odd that, even with the xenophobic attitude of the Stormcloaks that our characters, regardless of race, would be able to join them. Wouldn't you think one of the game dynamics would be to force you to either be and Legionairre or skip the whole Civil War thing if you weren't Nord? You certainly shouldn't be able to joing the Stormcloaks. I would think it would be a major issue with the Stormies if your Dark Elf mage decided to join up with them considering their attitude towards all the rest of them or if your Breton (1/2 elf to them) or even my Imperial joined and just imagine a High Elf? Just a thought.

Epic Keith

i agree with the most but not everything.

perhaps they are a one big army the Thalmor but if the empire skyrim and hammerfall fight and work together who knows?
Have you ever seen those chinese movies where three thugs fight a karate master and lose? Thats exacly how ots going to be if sktrim hammerfell and the empire are dvoded

Daelon DuLac

And both were pretty badass! Look at the Roman Empire for instance.
Roman_Empire_Map.png

Back to topic, The Stormcloak is more skirty than the Legionnaire, just like Mage pointed out
Ah, but we wear fur c**ksocks under those skirts. We're modest sorts. STORMIES HO! Hold on... there's something shiny...

Daelon DuLac

Actually the last time had milk well... I can't remember and the closest I get to milk is milkshakes and we stormcloaks fight for the same reason you do but we fight with honour and even one of your very own worships what we allow and you ban (jarl of whiterun worships talos)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
Wait a minute. I'm a Stormcloak and I didn't know we fought with honour! I've been doing it all wrong then. I was just doin' it to kill everybody that wasn't a supporter! You mean there's really a reason why we're doing this. Shoot. Now I gotta tell my mom....

Daelon DuLac

you forget America :p british no they are weak england was almost dead!
but they fight well!
Actually, Britain was still surprisingly strong. I would have thought they were nearly whipped too after all they'd been through, but, from all the stories that my British family has told and from the history I've learned, despite all their losses, they still were able to front quite a combat force.