Imperials or Stormcloaks, what one?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
Join the Shadow Legion.

Epic Keith

By Ysmir you're going to FREEZE to death!
Recant. This is an Imperial order. Recant. Now. All your loyalties are belong to us.

YEAH!

Epic Keith

Actually this is the oath

Upon my honor I do swear undying loyalty to the Emperor, [reigning; during the Dragon Crisis - ] Titus Mede II, and unwavering obedience to the officers of his great Empire. May those above judge me, and those below take me, if I fail in my duty. Long live the Emperor! Long live the Empire!"

Mookie

Actually this is the oath

Upon my honor I do swear undying loyalty to the Emperor, [reigning; during the Dragon Crisis - ] Titus Mede II, and unwavering obedience to the officers of his great Empire. May those above judge me, and those below take me, if I fail in my duty. Long live the Emperor! Long live the Empire!"
AUS BAH BEIN BRUNIIK!

Epic Keith

But your decision is based on missunerstanding of the dossiers -_-
Markarth Incident? Ulfric's a warmongering Viking
Playing into the Thalmor's plot by weakening the Empire. Stupid.

The list goes on but this is all I can remember for the moment. I had a rough day taking the oath

Mookie

Markarth Incident? Ulfric's a warmongering Viking
Playing into the Thalmor's plot by weakening the Empire. Stupid.

The list goes on but this is all I can remember for the moment. I had a rough day taking the oath

But if he wins Thalmor are hurt as much as with empires victory :D
They just need quagmire to continue

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
The Thalmor problem is actually because of Ulfric, they didn't used to drag people in the middle of the night for worship in secret until the rise of the 'True Sons of Skyrim' The Thalmor use Ulfric, using his rebellion as an excuse for an increase in their inquisition. It once took them an entire week of someone singing Talos in public to arrest them, now since the rebellion Thalmor are everywhere since the Empire didn't enforce the treaty, they were nice and lazy as Lokir put it. They were busy preparing for the next great war. Ulfric's rebellion takes pressure off the Thalmor as the Empire has to turn it's eye internally and quell a rebellion, instead of preparing for war with the Aldmeri Dominion.

"We didn't pay much attention to it when I was a boy - everyone still had their little shrine to Talos. But then Ulfric and his "Sons of Skyrim" started agitating about it, and sure enough the Emperor had to crack down." - Alvor

"From the Imperial City, our war here is just a sideshow. An interlude before the main event against the Thalmor resumes." - Tullius

A weakened unprepared Empire destroyed all Aldmeri forces in Cyrodiil. A strong prepared Empire will destroy them all.

Mookie

The Thalmor problem is actually because of Ulfric, they didn't used to drag people in the middle of the night for worship in secret until the rise of the 'True Sons of Skyrim' The Thalmor use Ulfric, using his rebellion as an excuse for an increase in their inquisition. It once took them an entire week of someone singing Talos in public to arrest them, now since the rebellion Thalmor are everywhere since the Empire didn't enforce the treaty, they were nice and lazy as Lokir put it. They were busy preparing for the next great war. Ulfric's rebellion takes pressure off the Thalmor as the Empire has to turn it's eye internally and quell a rebellion, instead of preparing for war with the Aldmeri Dominion.

"We didn't pay much attention to it when I was a boy - everyone still had their little shrine to Talos. But then Ulfric and his "Sons of Skyrim" started agitating about it, and sure enough the Emperor had to crack down." - Alvor

"From the Imperial City, our war here is just a sideshow. An interlude before the main event against the Thalmor resumes." - Tullius

A weakened unprepared Empire destroyed all Aldmeri forces in Cyrodiil. A strong prepared Empire will destroy them all.

Still I suport the Stormcloaks. I want nords walking around in the Ancient Nord Armor again :D

But my complete loyalty lies with Greybeards, and this

Lingrah krosis saraan Strundu'ul, voth nid balaan klov praan nau. Naal Thu'umu, mu ofan nii nu, Dovahkiin, naal suleyk do Kaan, naal suleyk do Shor, ahrk naal suleyk do Atmorasewuth. Meyz nu Ysmir, Dovahsebrom. Dahmaan daar rok

Harken to it !

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
Still I suport the Stormcloaks. I want nords walking around in the Ancient Nord Armor again :D

But my complete loyalty lies with Greybeards, and this

Lingrah krosis saraan Strundu'ul, voth nid balaan klov praan nau. Naal Thu'umu, mu ofan nii nu, Dovahkiin, naal suleyk do Kaan, naal suleyk do Shor, ahrk naal suleyk do Atmorasewuth. Meyz nu Ysmir, Dovahsebrom. Dahmaan daar rok

Harken to it !

Except Ulfric stands for everything the way of the voice is against. So you're betraying the Greybeards, you know what happened to the last Nord war lord who used the voice for his own personal gain? His entire army was destroyed, strong voices failed. So he went into exile to figure out how that could be, it was then he realized his force was destroyed by the Gods for his misuse of the voice. Now looking into history of everyone who used their voice for violence and personal gain were punished, even Talos, he had his throat slit. The first guy who used it for personal gain his entire army was destroyed, there was a mention of another fellow he had an arrow to his throat, draugr were cursed to never enter Sovngarde or find peace. Any mention of the voice in TES history shows death or punishment to those who misuse it.

There is only one exception, during time of true need such as against Alduin. So the dragonborn is fine since it is in a time of true need. Ulfric used his voice to kill for personal gain to become High King, that is a no go to Greybeard and strong Nordic belief. The way of the voice began during the First Era I believe, so abusing an ancient custom is not very Nordic. Then again Ulfric tends to only care for tradition when it suits him.

Mookie

Except Ulfric stands for everything the way of the voice is against. So you're betraying the Greybeards, you know what happened to the last Nord war lord who used the voice for his own personal gain? His entire army was destroyed, strong voices failed. So he went into exile to figure out how that could be, it was then he realized his force was destroyed by the Gods for his misuse of the voice. Now looking into history of everyone who used their voice for violence and personal gain were punished, even Talos, he had his throat slit. The first guy who used it for personal gain his entire army was destroyed, there was a mention of another fellow he had an arrow to his throat, draugr were cursed to never enter Sovngarde or find peace. Any mention of the voice in TES history shows death to those who misuse it.

I am a role-player so I dont use shouts in combat except when absolutely necesary. I also take a trip to the greybeards and that tower behind and do some good old worshiping, the greybeard style (LOK VAH KOOR ;) )
As for Ulfric, I dont suport him as a personality. But I am the dragon of the northm and I need to "harken to it". The Ulfric gives me the means to liberate Skyrim. What hapens to Ulfric, I dont care. Personaly, I wish if Balgruf could be fought for. He had great ancestors, too bad he gave up on them, and suports empire which makes fun of his greatest ancestor and burns his efigy every year. Why Balgruf, WHY!!!?!?!?! :D

Mookie

And Talos slit his own throat, but he acidentaly lost the power of the voice :D

Mookie

That is one story though, there is also the theory a Breton Nightblade slit his throat.

With what he did to Ysmir I doubt it :sadface:
My heart was broken when I found out what J*rk he was :sadface:((

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts