Imperials or Stormcloaks, what one?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Stormy

The right hand of Talos.
Stop the fighting!! i know something we can all find common ground on, Both questlines were terribly made and complete bags of plops. thanks for your time.

Uriel_Giordano

Well its up to you and i dont think that i can choose for you. Personaly i say as Laila Law-Giver (Jarl of Riften) that i feel Ulfric cause just but i don´t think Ulfric cares about others than himself so much, especially non-nords. I think that Skyrim should have their Independence, their right to believe in Talos and a true High King, but if the right man to do that is Ulfric Stormcloak, can be questioned. I would say Stormcloaks but if you are a Khajiit i would stay neutral.

Ozan

the Magnificent Bastard
But why be neutral when Brother Khajiit may choose sides?

Uriel_Giordano

Ozan: Well, you Khajiits are cool, no reason to enter the war, The Empire dont like you, the Stormcloaks does´nt, the Aldmeri Domionion is your hope or Thieves Guild.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
I agree. It is clear to me that the dragonborn's participation is necessary in order to end a civil war, and that neutrality merely extends the misery while aiding the Thalmor. In this way, either side is better than no side. Except for those among us who support the Dominion.
The traditional way Bethesda has dealt with side quests from a lore perspective is to have them accomplished by person who has no cross references to the player of each game, the implication being that the quests are fulfilled by someone other than the player's character. Therefore there's no reason to assume that the civil war doesn't end because you choose not to participate.

Gunnbjorn

Formerly known as Arillious
What, every Reachman is Forsworn? What about the leader of Karthwastern? Or is Nepos running around half naked? Lore-wise, the Forsworn are a subset of Reachmen, not the entirety. Read The "Madmen" of the Reach

See, this is why everyone says Nords are racist.

I can't argue with that last statement.

OckhamsFolly

I think that The Empire should give Markarth to the Forsworn. I mean they deserves it.

How cool would it have been if, in the event you gave the Stormcloaks Markarth in Season Unending, taking it back were instead a two part quest, the first of which required you to gain the aid and support of the Forsworn, and then Markarth ended up with a Reachman leader? Boss, I say.

Uriel_Giordano

How cool would it have been if, in the event you gave the Stormcloaks Markarth in Season Unending, taking it back were instead a two part quest, the first of which required you to gain the aid and support of the Forsworn, and then Markarth ended up with a Reachman leader? Boss, I say.
It would be cool, i mean instead of the threat of Forsworn all the time and terrorism isn´t it better to give up that territory and that all non-native bretons left for their own safety. i sided with Madanach.

Gunnbjorn

Formerly known as Arillious
I could go one further and say "Skyrim for the Elves!" After all, they were originally fought off the land by the Nord Migration led by Ysgramor... :p

(all of this is tongue in cheek, of course)

Atmoran Migration first of all. :p

Ysgramor and the Atmorans were just migrating to get away from Civil War in Atmora, then the Snow Elves decided to attack us because they thought that the Atmorans were threats. They didn't "fight us off," they randomly attacked us because they thought we were a threat. So Ysgramor and his sons fled back to Atmora and returned with 500 Companions who would slaughter half the Snow Elf population, and the rest would hide in the ground.

I'm sure the Atmorans wouldn't have minded the Snow Elves if they didn't attack us in the first place.

Either way, the Snow Elves are no more, thus Skyrim belongs it's next inhabitants, the Atmorans, and since we Nords are the direct descendents of Atmorans, Skyrim is ours.

OckhamsFolly

It would be cool, i mean instead of the threat of Forsworn all the time and terrorism isn´t it better to give up that territory and that all non-native bretons left for their own safety. i sided with Madanach.

Well, I personally question the veracity of the source, but according to The Bear of Markarth, the Reachmen were actually rather equitable and accepting leaders. They're not xenophobic. They just want to rule themselves again.

Uriel_Giordano

Well, I personally question the veracity of the source, but according to The Bear of Markarth, the Reachmen were actually rather equitable and accepting leaders. They're not xenophobic. They just want to rule themselves again.
That sounds good. But know 20 years after the Markarth Incident i think they are very angry at the nords so they cannot live together,

But that means that my character has to leave Markarth. Well i guess i could move to Riften.

OckhamsFolly

Atmoran Migration first of all. :p

Ysgramor and the Atmorans were just migrating to get away from Civil War in Atmora, then the Snow Elves decided to attack us because they thought that the Atmorans were threats. They didn't "fight us off," they randomly attacked us because they thought we were a threat. So Ysgramor and his sons fled back to Atmora and returned with 500 Companions who would slaughter half the Snow Elf population, and the rest would hide in the ground.

I'm sure the Atmorans wouldn't have minded the Snow Elves if they didn't attack us in the first place.

Either way, the Snow Elves are no more, thus Skyrim belongs it's next inhabitants, the Atmorans, and since we Nords are the direct descendents of Atmorans, Skyrim is ours.

Nonsense. The Nedes, ancestors of the Reachmen, were still there first.

Right about the Snow Elves, but you were illegal immigrants, and everyone knows they're bad news.