Imperials or Stormcloaks, what one?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Templar of Talos

Bane of Elves and Vampires
You'll be suprised just how well different factions can pull together in a crisis.

Sorry, Did I not make that clear enough in my last post, or do you just not understand the concept of community in crisis?

Also, you seem to know a hell of a lot about events in a game that is yet to happen... Todd? Todd Howard? Is that YOU!!!!?

Flint firestorm

The leading man, who else?
I wouldn't be a crisis for the DB Or Thievse guild. And if you'll recall I drop this part of the argument but epic nord brought it up again.

Epic Keith

By Ysmir you're going to FREEZE to death!
Those guilds all exist in Cyrodiil. Heck, I'm pretty sure they've shown up in each land featured in each TES game.
Well it's their problem. What we are talking about is Thalmor Invasion of Skyrim.
If Thalmor took over, imagine what wrong could happen

Templar of Talos

I wouldn't be a crisis for the DB Or Thievse guild. And if you'll recall I drop this part of the argument but epic nord brought it up again.
Of course it would be. If the ThalmOr are as powerful as you seem to think they are, then everyone would be in danger...

Yes and being killed by deadra wasn't the cyoidil guilds problem
No, because the Empire during the Oblivion Crisis had a strong army, the Fighter's, Mages, Thieve's Guilds and Dark Brotherhood weren't affected. It well handled by the Champion of Cyrodiil and the Imperial Army, plus they had an army of Battlemages fighting along the regulars...

Flint firestorm

A strong army? I had to do every thing myself in that game!

Anyway we are off subject. Tell me why is an independent skyrim better then a united empire?

Epic Keith

By Ysmir you're going to FREEZE to death!
An independent Skyrim is better because the Empire is weak now. It can't even protect it's own people from the Thalmor! If Skyrim is independent, it will have the freedom from a weak empire and yada yada yada

I don't feel like talking to you right now due to Dawnguard Depression. Talk to Templar of Talos

Templar of Talos

An independent Skyrim is better because the Empire is weak now. It can't even protect it's own people from the Thalmor! If Skyrim is independent, it will have the freedom from a weak empire and yada yada yada

I don't feel like talking to you right now due to Dawnguard Depression. Talk to Templar of Talos

What is this 'Dawnguard Depression' you speak of???

Flint firestorm

Well the empire is skyrim and cryiodil. So then skyrim is no stronger. Plus the empire has four times the army size

Templar of Talos

I'm unable to download Dawnguard because I don't have any Marketplace here to buy Micropoints

Damn!! Thats just pants, mate. Hope you can get some soon

Well the empire is skyrim and cryiodil. So then skyrim is no stronger. Plus the empire has four times the army size

Not in my game it ain't... Cyrodiil is the Empire and Skyrim is free of them in my game. Skyrim doesn't need the Empire, not with the dire state it's in now. You think that it's as strong as Septim's Empire? It's dying, that was stated when Skyrim was first announced. No wonder the Nords are frustrated with them. Quite rightly so, and the Talos ban was the final straw. The Thalmor killed it, and now it's trying to kill all races of man, not just Nords so they can ascend themselves. They treat all man races with utter contempt and THAT will be their undoing. Even if I have to FUS DO RAH every one of the Dagger-Eared bastards off a cliff and into a giants camp myself...

nomorepork

That was a left at Dragonbridge, right?
Chose the Imperials...lesser of two evils, IMO. Don't care much for a bloated, bureaucratic central government but the Taliban...er, I mean...Stormcloaks, just don't fit in my (decidedly warped) vision of the world.

Next time through I think I may try the peacemaker path...a little less blood on my hands. But only a little...

Templar of Talos

Okay, this is my theory on the whole subject... Feel free to debate this in a civillised maner...

The Thalmor, during the great war captured Ulfric, interrogated him, found out he was the son of a Jarl and released him after learning of his strong faith of Talos and his Defiant nature. Knowing he was going to reach a position of some power in the near future.

After the War, the Thalmor forced the defeated Empire to sign the White-Gold Concordat which as we all know, outlaws the worship of Talos. And knowing full well of what they learned from Ulfric that he would voice the strongest objections and plan a rebellion. So far so good. Ulfric becomes a Jarl and begins the construction of the Stormcloak Rebellion.

Ulfric kills King Toyrrg, forcing the Empire to place Skyrim under Martial law untill Ulfric is caught, tried and executed. Knowing that many Imperial soldiers will die hunting for him therefore weakening the already weak Empire. Eventually they capture Ulfric and he's about to be beheaded. However, Alduin shows up, an unexpected factor, Ulfric is free and ready to launch his all out civil war. This is good for the Thalmor because a civil war will weaken the Empire even further (when I say weaken, I don't just mean reducing their numbers, I mean weakening their morale also). But, they still expect the Empire to win the war.

Okay, at this point, lets say you the player choose to fight with the Stormcloaks...

The Stormcloaks win the war. What do the Thalmor have? Nothing they wanted. If the Empire had won, they'd still have some degree of control over Skyrim through the Empire. However, all they have is a loose cannon on the deck, unpredictable and in command of a bunch of savage warriors who would rather die than give up their man-god. Now the Thalmor have a problem. They can't fight the Stormcloaks effectively on Nord turf because of the rugged terrain, the cold weather, giants, dragons and some man or woman with a magic power far greater thant their own, running about the place slaying every Thalmor Justiciar in sight, rallying Nords all over the province to arms.

By choosing the Empire, you keep the chain of events flowing in favor of the Thalmor, who will eventually stab you in the back. Choose the Stormcloaks, you shatter that chain and force the Thalmor to re-think their strategy, and while they're doing that. Ulfric creates a United Front, possibly signs an alliance with Hammerfell and generally making themselves ready for war with the Thalmor.

In my opinion, the Stormcloaks do the most damage to the Thalmor, whilst aiding the Empire helps their plans come to fruitition...

J

Jeremius

Templar of Talos, did you read any of those thing in the Thalmor Embassy? they even say that the do not want an Imperial victory as much as they do not want a Stormcloak victory...