Imperials or Stormcloaks, what one?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
J

Jeremius

So you admit Ulfricm is racist?

OF course I do, Just like I admit every other Nord is Racist, except for maybe Elisif, but she is just a puppet for the Empire. But I do not see how Ulfric being racist=him being a bad choice for Skyrim ruler.

azali100

OF course I do, Just like I admit every other Nord is Racist, except for maybe Elisif, but she is just a puppet for the Empire. But I do not see how Ulfric being racist=him being a bad choice for Skyrim ruler.

Racism is just part of what makes him a bad ruler. So many factors.

And you are always going on about "freedom" and such but you don't see why racism is bad???

J

Jeremius

Racism is just part of what makes him a bad ruler. So many factors.

And you are always going on about "freedom" and such but you don't see why racism is bad???

I know it is bad, but I can see his reasons for being racist, is all I am saying.

azali100

Now you sound like a jerk. Sometimes you just have to forget the qualities and look to what one person can do for the people.

Yes. What one person can do for all the people, not his chosen people.

Also...wut? I'm the jerk for being against racism? Okay, whatever you say lol.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
Not really. The subject is quite tiring.
It's tiring to you because you can't refute actual game content with anything except your wildly speculative and transparently biased opinions and roleplaying content that's purely a fabrication of your own mind.
I refuse to believe that Ulfric went around killing the elderly, children on purpose.
And Creationists refuse to believe in evolution and think that the Flintstones is basically a documentary film. It doesn't make the belief particularly persuasive or plausible.
Have it ever occurred to you that perhaps the natives to now known as the “forsworn” used the elderly and children as human shields? Same way like like the Taliban strapping bombs on children.
It never occurred to him because it never happened. The lore clearly indicates the Forsworn fled the city and Ulfric put the non-combatants who didn't actively aid his militia to the sword after the fighting was over. This is pure fabrication in contradiction to what the game presents to you. In short it's complete horsepl***. :rolleyes:

J

Jeremius

It's tiring to you because you can't refute actual game content with anything except your wildly speculative and transparently biased opinions and roleplaying content that's purely a fabrication of your own mind.

And Creationists refuse to believe in evolution and think that the Flintstones is basically a documentary film. It doesn't make the belief particularly persuasive or plausible.

It never occurred to him because it never happened. The lore clearly indicates the Forsworn fled the city and Ulfric put the non-combatants who didn't actively aid his militia to the sword after the fighting was over. This is pure fabrication in contradiction to what the game presents to you. In short it's complete horsepl***. :rolleyes:

In short, one should not listen to anything people say? good to know that I have another reason to avoid the war, the fact that it is complete lies on both sides.

Dagmar

In short, one should not listen to anything people say? good to know that I have another reason to avoid the war, the fact that it is complete lies on both sides.
In short all you've demonstrated (again) is an inability to coherently or logically respond to a post. There is absolutely nothing in my post that in any way supports the kind of total logic failure conclusion you're trying to draw from it.

J

Jeremius

In short all you've demonstrated (again) is an inability to coherently or logically respond to a post. There is absolutely nothing in my post that in any way supports the kind of total logic failure conclusion you're trying to draw from it.

I do not care, I do not trust anything either side says, and I do not need the war because nothing I do will change the next game.

J

Jeremius

Which again leads me to question why in the world you are posting in this thread.

I like the arguing in here, it's fun making this thread confusing. Also, If I can get people to realize that they aren't doing anything but switching Jarls, then these threads will die and I will never seen them pop up ever again.

feliciano182

I like the arguing in here, it's fun making this thread confusing. Also, If I can get people to realize that they aren't doing anything but switching Jarls, then these threads will die and I will never seen them pop up ever again.

Ban-Hammer, this person needs it.

J

Jeremius

Ban-Hammer, this person needs it.

I just do not like threads like this popping up, that is all. Plus, the war is only switching Jarls to me. To others it is more, I understand, just do not see any other reason to do it, except that you do not like a Jarl.

Dagmar

I like the arguing in here, it's fun making this thread confusing.
Posting incredibly stupid things doesn't make the thread confusing. It merely reflects poorly on the person who does it. It also begs the question as to whether the person is even capable of posting anything besides the same.
I just do not like threads like this popping up, that is all.
No one is forcing you to read them or post in them and yet I would hazard to guess that over 90% of your posts are in threads covering this subject in one form or another and that your presence here is largely predicated by their existence.

J

Jeremius

Posting incredibly stupid things doesn't make the thread confusing. It merely reflects poorly on the person who does it. It also begs the question as to whether the person is even capable of posting anything besides the same.

No one is forcing you to read them or post in them and yet I would hazard to guess that over 90% of your posts are in threads covering this subject in one form or another and that your presence here is largely predicated by their existence.
It was a joke, I have no Idea why I post in these threads, I just do.

Nobody gets me :sadface:

The Stormcloaks are more just in my opinion.

Some Stormcloaks are racist, but that is not what defines the cause. It is freedom, to have the freedom to worship whomever they choose, and to be free to govern their own land.

It's still the Nord's land. They don't own it, but it is significantly tied to their heritage and culture. In my opinion, the Stormcloaks are the Native Americans, and the Imperials are the British Colonists.

The Stormcloak cause is not about the exclusion of other races, it is about freedom. The Imperials are cruel and heartless, and even if the Stormcloaks favor Nords, they aren't genocidal, and they have more close ties to the land of Skyrim.

Thus, I say Stormcloaks.

Actually, after doing some more research, I've changed my mind.

The Imperials are the real heroes, I think. They don't enforce the ban on Talos, only the Thalmor do. Signing the treaty needed to happen to end the war and bring about the most peace there could ever be.

As much as I support the cause of freedom and rebellion, the Stormcloaks would cause far more bad than good. The Empire unites the provinces and maintains order. If Skyrim becomes independent, who's to say that soon the others will rebel too? It'd be nice if they could all be independent, but we know that won't happen in the lore.

boethiah'sbitch

Maybe Im the Dragonborn & I just dont know it yet
The Stormcloaks really don't like people who aren't Nords, so you may want to go with the Empire since they are more accepting of all races. There are no special abilities that you gain from joining one faction or the other; but you get rewarded with different kinds of weapons and armor for your contributions to the cause.

If you want to get involved more in the magic I would recommend joining the Mage's Guild.

The problem with the Imperials is they just came into Skyrim and took what wasn't theirs. Now they're trying to boss all the Nords around and telling them which gods to worship. I honestly don't think that's right. And its not that the Stormcloaks don't like anyone but Nords, they're just more favored towards their own people because of what's happening with the Empire

Niq

The problem with the Imperials is they just came into Skyrim and took what wasn't theirs. Now they're trying to boss all the Nords around and telling them which gods to worship. I honestly don't think that's right.
Whilst i respect your opinion i have to disagree with the statement -
The problem with the Imperials is they just came into Skyrim and took what wasn't theirs
As the norsds were part of the empire, and you will still find Nords who are loyal to the empire and believe in the empire as a whole...
I do agree about the fact that they should not inforce a religious ban on the nords though, although i can see that this choice was forced upon them by the thalmor.