Imperials or Stormcloaks, what one?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
Ulfric keeps demanding more and more and more but doesn't want to give anything in return, at least tulius was willing to trade one town for another ulfric while ulfric was like "its not fair wahhhhhhhh"

theoperation

Hero of Jorvasskr
Ulfric keeps demanding more and more and more but doesn't want to give anything in return, at least tulius was willing to trade one town for another ulfric while ulfric was like "its not fair wahhhhhhhh"

well I undid the disagree rating because I can see how you got to that conclusion now, I thought you were referring to his reaction to Elenwen. I've done this quest twice now, one time they came to agreement easily, the next Tulius was the one who kept demanding more and more, and then accused me of making a deal that favours the Stormcloaks. I think it all depends on how the talks actually go. In reality they both act like children, and Esbern calls them out on this.

Ulfric demanded Markarth so I gave it to him in exchange for Riften, then he demanded Morthal as well and I denied him since Tulius didn't ask for anything more.

theoperation

Hero of Jorvasskr
Ulfric demanded Markarth so I gave it to him in exchange for Riften, then he demanded Morthal as well and I denied him since Tulius didn't ask for anything more.

Did you insist Elenwen stay? Because that counts as a +1 for the empire. So after swapping Markarth for Riften, both +2 cities, he was down 1. If there hasn't been a massacre occured yet, then he'll want a +1 city to even it up. If you denied him that, then he would have walked away down one and butt hurt.
When I did it, I told Elenwen to GTFO so it was +1 Stormcloaks. After the city swapping it was still +1 Stormcloaks, hence butt hurt for Tulius

theoperation

Hero of Jorvasskr
Ah I see, well I still hate his racist attitude so I will always hate Ulfric :p

I have a little sympathy for him and the Stormcloak cause to be honest, but my main beef with him is how he treated the Forsworn in the Markarth incident. Which of course was supported by the Imperials.

I guess I'm trying to say is that both sides are wrong, but I sympathize with the Stormcloaks.

theoperation

Hero of Jorvasskr
I got more sympathy for the Empire, at least they don't treat Argonians like slaves and force them to sleep outside the city walls.

They are less racist, that's for sure. However my problem with the Empire is that they're essentially Thalmor puppets. And the Thalmor is far more racist than any Stormcloak.

Yes they are puppets for now, they are too weak at the moment to fight against them, and Ulfric is only making them weaker, and in the end the thalmor will come for skyrim and ultimately they will lose cause if a unified empire nearly lost then a broken empire stands no chance.

Docta Corvina

Gotta be honest, every time I read the phrase "Thalmor puppet," in regards to the Empire, I read it in Galmar's voice. And that really doesn't help my rage. :p

ReaperHemingway

I got more sympathy for the Empire, at least they don't treat Argonians like slaves and force them to sleep outside the city walls.
It's odd, when I first got Skyrim, I was excited to join a rebel group because I had wanted to fight the Empire ever since I first played Morrowind, where the Empire allowed the Dunmer to use the Argonians and Khajiit as slaves. Not just treat them as slaves, actually use them as slaves.
Hated the Empire ever since and now they're suddenly the good guys(goodish I suppose).

Gotta be honest, every time I read the phrase "Thalmor puppet," in regards to the Empire, I read it in Galmar's voice. And that really doesn't help my rage. :p
My current character has been killing a lot of Thalmor, and every time I see them, I always hear Galmar's voice saying "Thalmor puppet" or something like that.
Something about that guy just sticks with me.

theoperation

Hero of Jorvasskr

250px-Galmar_Stone-Fist.png

My hatred for the Empire is exceeded only by my hatred for their witch-elf puppet-masters!
Galmar is awesome! :p

J

Jeremius

just leaving this here:
for the hilarity level of this thread.

I am going to throw a hypothetical scenario at you all. For this activity, I want you all to forget what you learned, put yourself inside your character's shoes. Knowing nothing of what is going on except that the one Imperial officer wants to cut your head off, which side you choose at the start?

Mr.Self Destruct

Chosen Undead
just leaving this here:
for the hilarity level of this thread.

I am going to throw a hypothetical scenario at you all. For this activity, I want you all to forget what you learned, put yourself inside your character's shoes. Knowing nothing of what is going on except that the one Imperial officer wants to cut your head off, which side you choose at the start?

So the Empire is a melting pot of villainous tyrants because a single captain ordered your execution?

Emphasis on "forget what you learned," obviously including common sense.

Howarthee

Qa'Darri - The unknown thief
So the Empire is a melting pot of villainous tyrants because a single captain ordered your execution?

I think you're putting words in Jeremius's post that aren't there. I didn't read anything about villainous tyrants...
But if someone was just seconds away from killing you not even five minutes ago, would you seriously trust them with your life after? It doesn't seem like common sense at all, especially since a lower ranking person in the military must listen to their commander. So their commander could easily order your death again if you come back..

stagnant94

i was just looking at the forums and decided i'd read this entire thread. i assumed it was only a couple of pages long.

i'm 780 years old now. and i can finally die knowing that once i've read that final post i'll have finished. just as long as i don't die and smack my head on the keyboaratjfrcl,gjsrdzmfjesikjfrekejgrdfgj,9hyaertmsc ,cpkwa

Raijin

A Mage that loves a Templar

I know you weren't addressing me, but I feel the need to respond anyways :)
Yeah the empire is a melting pot of villainous tyrants. Is it no wonder people want Emperor Titus mede II dead? Don't sit here and tell me that General Tullius did not see you in Helgan because if you claim that he didn't, well then my friend you either aren't listening what is told you in the game or you're lying, one or another.

General Tullius acknowledge your presence at Helgan. <~~~ a wav file of this claim.

Either way the captain there was not in charge at the time, and it wasn't up to her to decide your faith. General Tullius on the other hand had that final choice, and the captain failed to report to her boss regarding to an important manner. The fact to the matter is that he recognized you when you went to solitude, and spoken to him about joining the legion. The audacity of it all was he was willing to recruit you to become a soldier of the imperial legion. Why would General Tullius do something like that if he thought your “supposed crimes” was so bad that it warrant an execution? Does this means that the legion recruits criminals? Might as well recruit bandits.

I think you're putting words in Jeremius's post that aren't there. I didn't read anything about villainous tyrants...
But if someone was just seconds away from killing you not even five minutes ago, would you seriously trust them with your life after? It doesn't seem like common sense at all, especially since a lower ranking person in the military must listen to their commander. So their commander could easily order your death again if you come back..

I could never truly understand the psyche of the mind when you're inches away from death, and then having the unexplainable reason of trusting the very same group of people, when you go and ask to be part of the legion. Why do you want to fight for the imperial legion when the legion was inches away of killing you? Wasn't the stove hot enough at the time?

And people talk down to Ulfric and the Stormcloaks for the way they treat the Dark elves in windhelm LOL that is so funny.

J

Jeremius

I will explain. You are about to be executed, then a dragon shows up. Are you going to be thinking rationally? I doubt it, so answer the scenario, at the start, knowing nothing you know now, who do you choose, Ralof (Stormcloaks) or Hadvar (Legion)?