• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
Well I get tired of it and I have stopped. Between Assassin's Creed 3 and Halo 4, I haven't played much. But Skyrim is honestly the best open world RPG I've played in a long time. It's not perfect and I'm disappointed TES:O isn't going to be a "full" MMO... but I think ahead to TES6 and I just... wonder.

My issue is that I've never fully experienced the game. It's hilarious that I've had this game for over a year, I've bought all the DLC packs on the day they came out, and I've done nothing. But I don't consider it a waste at all. I enjoy playing this game. I just wanna finish the damn thing. But I really like this backstory I've put together and like others said, maybe just accepting that I always end up playing a stealth archer type will allow me to just push through.

Also, the giant white box in your sig bothers me, so I inverted it and cleaned it up.

Tell me about it. Its kind of silly when i think about it too.. Im always looking at the back of my characters head so I honestly dont know what the urge is to create a new one so bad..
I have so many new games from xmas and have yet to go through any of them. I feel like i have to put a restrain on myself. I have promised myself that I will not create a character until I finish the Stormcloak storyline with my female Nord Sabre-Heart. Ive thought about a new character twice today, but i stopped myself and just went on to to do the quests from Winterhold college. Seriously if i dont stop myself then Ill just get side tracked thinking about a new character with a new backstory lol.. FOCUS is what I been trying to do. Its hard but i shall conquer this game lol:D

Katastrophe

King of Tales
This thread is now a support group for chronic rerollers, I think.

:p

Edit: Still not sure if this write up should be done as a narrative or just a somewhat lengthy journal...

Yeah, I restarted again today. I had 2 pre-saves, inside the Ralof, and Alvor doors, but I have so many files that I went through the Execution again, and saved outside in the courtyard. Just`showracemenu` and take it from there...

I have an excuse, polishing out my Dualist build for maximum efficiency. Yesterday, I ran it non-magical, and just Steel Smithy for Skyforge, and Valdr's Lucky Dagger. Then, this morning I went and ground up Enchanting by sweeping all the best swords, and daggers (Too bad there's not a decent premade handaxe to keep charged) With the lessons learned from that, I went back to Helgen for lunch, and dialed it in for the Ur combo.

I don't have a problem, how else was I supposed to lean how to Master Conjuration in 6 hours? (Bound Swords, and Flaming Familiar up to Bound Bow/Dremora Lord. Recast after every battle, and know which order to run the juciest fights. Imperial to the Jagged Crown, then switch sides to Stormcloaks.) Practice makes perfect. ;)

Yeah, I restarted again today. I had 2 pre-saves, inside the Ralof, and Alvor doors, but I have so many files that I went through the Execution again, and saved outside in the courtyard. Just`showracemenu` and take it from there...

hahaha I have a save file right at the execution on the character build as well lol Makes it so much easier. The beginning of the game is about 10 minutes long.. and who wants to wait that long everytime you strat a new character lol

No matter what character i choose i feel the necessity to always raise archery and smithing.. Those are two things I level up no matter which storyline i decide to run. Which in turn leaves me with heavy armor not matter what.. Getting a pair of boots with muffle though makes the Light armor so unappealing and unnecessary.

Im not going to lie, I have been staying away from the 1 handed skill. I feel like i do very minimal damage. Even with a mage build I still resort to two handed weapons when being swarmed by enemies.

Im temped to build on all of the things Im not comfortable with, and thats no easy task.. You know the saying. Old habits die hard lol:rolleyes:

Twiffle

O M G, i have re-rolled twice in the last 24 hours, , i need a lie down and a cuddle, i think i have cronic re-rollitis, , but hey, ive just come up with an OP build from about level 4 on any difficulty, , yaaaaaaaa

:D:D:D

Tyrone

Well I get tired of it and I have stopped. Between Assassin's Creed 3 and Halo 4, I haven't played much. But Skyrim is honestly the best open world RPG I've played in a long time. It's not perfect and I'm disappointed TES:O isn't going to be a "full" MMO... but I think ahead to TES6 and I just... wonder.

My issue is that I've never fully experienced the game. It's hilarious that I've had this game for over a year, I've bought all the DLC packs on the day they came out, and I've done nothing. But I don't consider it a waste at all. I enjoy playing this game. I just wanna finish the damn thing. But I really like this backstory I've put together and like others said, maybe just accepting that I always end up playing a stealth archer type will allow me to just push through.

Also, the giant white box in your sig bothers me, so I inverted it and cleaned it up.
DIfrd.png

Finishing the game isn't necessarily everything. I've gotten every item, every shout, got to the 81, and I feel an extreme emptiness. I long to start a new character and actually stick with it, but I keep going back to my old ones.

Finishing the game isn't necessarily everything. I've gotten every item, every shout, got to the 81, and I feel an extreme emptiness. I long to start a new character and actually stick with it, but I keep going back to my old ones.

I like that word you used "emptiness". Thats how I feel when I have played with a certain character for a while.. Its a void something there is missing perhaps with a character I havent tried to play with, or with a different backstory but other than that i NEVER know what that "void" is lol!

I believe we do need help lol or maybe its like Mr. Twiffle said its cronic re-rollitis :D

Tyrone

I like that word you used "emptiness". Thats how I feel when I have played with a certain character for a while.. Its a void something there is missing perhaps with a character I havent tried to play with, or with a different backstory but other than that i NEVER know what that "void" is lol!

I believe we do need help lol or maybe its like Mr. Twiffle said its cronic re-rollitis :D

I usually keep starting over because I want to roleplay something new or do something else, but my characters always turn out good guys for some reason. I've yet to play an actually evil person who doesn't turn good.

I usually keep starting over because I want to roleplay something new or do something else, but my characters always turn out good guys for some reason. I've yet to play an actually evil person who doesn't turn good.

I agree with you sir. I have a naturally good aura lol. My fable character was so Angelic :D I cant play the evil role either. I will however make an exception for Sithis lol. I believe in all my charcters the only one I comitted crimes againts the citizens was my first one. I didnt know what I was doing but all the guards in Whiterun kicked my ass lol. That was a long time ago, now I prefer to stick to the squeaky clean record..

But if you didnt see me do it is still a crime lol!?

Katastrophe

King of Tales
I actually tend to play a good character as well, but I've had moments. When I incorporate RP elements, especially a backstory, I find myself making abnormal decisions because it seems like the right one in the heat of the moment.

For instance, the quest to get the Skull of Corruption... after seeing the vision of the priest betray his friends, I ended up killing him out of fear that he'd betray me. I obviously knew that that wouldn't happen, but in character, it seemed like the right course of action.

The Staff ended up corrupting him and turned him from a Paladin build into a bit of a Death Knight... it was interesting.

But seriously guys...
Journal or narrative? :p

Zaan

Dunmer Enthusiast
It helps to see I'm not the only one who has issues with re-rolling characters. I just can't help myself. I have three main characters: a lvl 51 Nord warrior who I see as the true Dovahkiin (sword and shield), a lvl 42 female Dunmer assassin (she's so OP), a lvl 27 two handed berserker Nord who got incredibly dull, and my most fun character so far, the lvl 43 vampire Altmer Mage specializing purely in magic skills (still actively playing him, I dip in and out of the others sporadically).

In my experience, I enjoyed the Altmer Mage so much because I started him after a long hiatus from the game. So coming back to Skyrim felt... fresh. It was also a lot of fun tinkering with all the tools and versatility a pure mage has. I recently finished the Dragonborn DLC with him and enjoyed every second of it. Then I made one critical error: thinking about Daegan.

I love the Dunmer. They are by far and away my favourite race in TES. Ever since Morrowind, I've always run a Dunmer character called Daegan, and Skyrim is the first TES game since then I am yet to bring him back. The idea behind him, is that he is reincarnated in times of great peril in Tamriel. The problem is, I cannot for the life of me decide how I want him to turn out. I have re-rolled him at least 10 times in the last week and a half. Light armor or heavy armor? What magic skills should he focus on? Should he dabble in archery? What crafting skill should he use, if any? This is but a snippet of the the things I obsess over when I go through Bleak Falls Barrow for the umpteenth time. I have vague flashes in my head of what he'll be like come level 40 and above, but when I play it never seems like the right path.

That went on a bit longer than I thought it would. Glad I joined this forum now, at least I know I'm not crazy.

Twiffle

That went on a bit longer than I thought it would. Glad I joined this forum now said:
your not crazy .. .. .. .. but its a good perk to have, :D

Welcome

CoolRanch

Chronic Reroller here also. It's been 1 day since my last reroll. Going to do it again after I post this. Switching to master difficulty has helped somewhat. I don't abuse the crafting trio or eat vegetable soup. I also limit potion use. I think for me I just find the beginning of the game more fun than the end game. I always use archery in some form. Mainly I use it because it's the only way I've found that can reliably kill deer and I collect the antlers for housing decorations.

Twiffle

my daughter just formated my micro disc were i save all my builds, , so now i have to re-roll, , oh what fun to be had , , , , AGAIN .. .. .. :sadface:

Irish

Thane of Solitude
Le sigh. Looks like I'm going to reroll because I'm already growing bored of my character, Cecilja. I failed to keep a journal or create a solid backstory for her, as well. I'd like to try my hand in the fan-fic world and adhere to my character's personality/morals this time 'round. Now to search for a race whose lore and culture are most suitable for a few character/backstory ideas I have in my head.

Saozig

Hippy
Tonight I'm playing the Nord I made a couple nights ago, just for the sake of making a Nord. Skjara Wind-Strider. She's ditching on Bleak Falls Barrow for now to hike to Windhelm with Uthgerd to join the Stormcloaks. I rewrote her backstory to make her younger and more naive than I originally wanted and this will be the first time I had a character join that side, so at least I'm trying something new! But not sure how far I'll go with this--despite my best effort to make her interesting, Skjara's kind of dull so far. I'm already missing my Bosmer ranger, my Dunmer mercenary and my new Breton rogue.

I'm not really feeling guilty about creating new characters because most of my characters I have played into the 60's level wise (and I'm on Xbox, so no console command cheats). I did have to delete my Khajiit and Orc character because I never really got into them and knew I'd never play them again--having fewer freezes now with fewer different character saves.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
I have two characters I currently use.

One is my Nord Mage Thorek who is level 80, I use him when testing out new download content just to destroy everything and see what everything looks like, with two million septims and probably ten million worth of hoarded treasure, I live the life of luxury.

My newest character which I am enjoying very much, is a High Elf Witchhunter. Really enjoying the Witchhunter play style. I've never been an Altmer before but I have to say I quite like them now, standing above everyone. And since they live for a very long time you can create some amazing back story for someone who can easily be 300 or more years old. It is a different experience normally I'm a Necromancer and such, so to be hunting down users of dark magic is interesting.

Krepency

hahaha I have a save file right at the execution on the character build as well lol Makes it so much easier. The beginning of the game is about 10 minutes long.. and who wants to wait that long everytime you strat a new character lol
Omg that is genius :D , I never thought of this before I seen it on here. All the time I would of saved had I known this.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts